Photo

Ayita's Excellent Adventures

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

All a part of growing up...

Attached Thumbnails

• Dog wood.jpg
  • Friend.jpg
  • Lake lookin'.jpg
  • Rockin'.jpg
  • Squirrel watch.JPG
  • Strike a pose.jpg
  • truck.jpg

Edited by Carolyn, 26 October 2014 - 02:36 PM.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#2 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2179 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Awesome! KITTY!

#3 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

What a gorgeous dog!  

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7600 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

I cracked up over the hammock shot.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#5 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2341 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

Yeah- love the hammock shot!
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#6 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

Gees, I didn't realize how little she is - until the shot with her sitting next to the rake!

#7 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3250 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

It looks like she is telling the cow a secret......Where's Gary Larson anyway?  :lol:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#8 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

"Gees, I didn't realize how little she is - until the shot with her sitting next to the rake!" She's about 30 lbs at 13 months...
"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#9 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1147 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

She's such a pretty dog!

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#10 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

Noticing some sweet and fun changes in this girl. Over the last couple of weeks she has been "talking" to us. She looks us in the eyes, her mouth and/or lips move and tiny little "words" come out. Not loud, but soft and clear. We talk back to her in a similar tone. Not sure what she's saying, and it's so earnest and loving...brings tears to my eyes  :wub: . Thought at first she was asking for something (bully stick, Kong filled with food and a dab of peanut butter), so I ask her to show me what she wants...seems she just wants to talk. Fascinating! She's developing a sense of humor too. I'm mostly fairly quiet and serious, maybe that's why it took a while for silliness to come out in her. 

Winter coat is coming in beautifully and will post pictures soon. 

#11 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

We had an "incident" today. The FedEx dude came flying onto our driveway and left the gate open. That's the gate that has the sign KEEP GATE CLOSED DOGS IN YARD. Ayita took a walk. She wouldn't come when I called, whistled, flashed fancy treats, walked back towards the house, etc. I followed her down the road til I lost sight of her. I continued walking as this is where we walk on leash. This was her first unleashed walk anywhere...Anyway, Dave came with the car and we drove a little farther, nothing, so we turned toward home. She was waiting for us right outside the gate and followed the car in. ta da! I wasn't that surprised, but you never know what will happen the first time, as I have read all over the Forum.

#12 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7600 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

What a relief!  Good girl (and bad).  I bet she was feeling pretty uppity.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#13 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 575 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

I know how you must of felt. I felt similar when, a few weeks ago, I let Anoki outside into our fenced in backyard. About a half hour later I walked out to check on him since he hadn't been back to the door and I noticed the gate was open and Anoki was gone. :o

My heart started pounding because he has never been out of the backyard off leash and unsupervised. From my backyard, I called Anoki twice and whistled for him. Then I heard the jingling of dog tags and Anoki came running through the open gate, up the deck stairs right up to me and sat down in front of me just like we always practiced. :lol:

Let me tell you, Anoki got the biggest hug and multiple treats for returning when called. Unfortunately, it seldom happens that way when others are watching. :)

#14 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

I love that word--uppity--You should have seen the look she gave us..."where the --ll have you two been?"

#15 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

Good boy, Anoki! He gets the good training and the good treats (hah! disclaimer). So he knows how to open your gate?

#16 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 575 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

LOL... no someone wasn't paying attention when they left the yard. At least that is what I believe anyway. ;)

#17 Sri

Sri

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Carolyn I'm so happy that worked out well in the end, I suppose it almost always does, but I know it can be scary. A few days ago, similarly Sita squirted out the front door. I walk her off leash all the time on trails and at various parks, but not ever in front of my house as there is a street that cars drive way too fast on. Thus, the front of the house has become forbidden fruit to her, and when she had her chance ZOOM she was off. All the tricks you tried, I tried, and she just boldly decided that she really wanted to go to the post office, about 200 yards down the street (she loves it there. she always gets to meet people, and she's all about that). It was a brand new experience to have her ignoring me and also willingly going that far away from me...I was probably doing the wrong thing by raising my voice and chasing after her, but what to do? There were cars around. In the end, I took a deep breath, calmed myself, knelt down halfway to the post office and put away my mad scary voice and simply called out to her with as much warmth and friendliness as I could muster. She came bounding up when she was ready. I didn't know whether to praise her or not, after being so naughty. So I elected to neither scold nor praise, just clipped her leash on and stoically walked her home. Fun's over, and lets do some more training dearest doggy friend so this doesn't happen. Recall is a tricky story sometimes.

#18 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7600 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:15 AM

Good one Sri.

Carolyn, I am interested in something you said, a few posts back, about Ayita developing a sense of humor.  Can you elaborate? I have noticed this too, and I find it fascinating, and a mark of true intelligence.

--David Dunning

#19 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

LOL... no someone wasn't paying attention when they left the yard. At least that is what I believe anyway. ;)

Hmmmm, maybe your dog is just that smart  ....  :ph34r:, oh course he won't let you get it on video - at least mine doesn't like evidence (will stop doing something when I click the video on).

#20 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Glad this stories (these adventures) had HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!!!  :D

I know the heart stopping feeling  :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users