silliness an eccentrics life with dogs

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#141 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7663 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

Sitting patiently at the dinner table was very nice.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#142 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Allison he's mr responsible now

#143 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

Our boy Shiva has left the building. He's gone where other larger than life beings go, like Elvis. Oddly enough I'm really pleased to feel this enormous hole because what made the hole was so very worth it. We left nothing on the table.IMG_3532.jpg IMG_3431.jpg Cake and Waki are doing quite well. Naturally they have their emotions but also there had been play and joy. I think they really understood even better that we humans just how hard the last bit was for our boy Shiva. He did nearly a year in a wheel chair with grace and even on his last day had some moments of joy even through the failing of his body. What a blessing he was. I think Waki puts it best: IMG_2543.jpg (ok that could be interpreted as dead dog but trust me it's joy and happiness at this good earth and the things that make life the best).

#144 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

R.I.P Shiva. Enjoyed getting to know you a bit over the last couple of years. Sorry for your loss Sherab and pack.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#145 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

Aw, the old boy.  So sorry to hear of the loss of Shiva.  See you soon...

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#146 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7663 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

Here here.  I feel Shiva is with you.  

Thinking of you and your family.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#147 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

So sorry for your loss....you did all you could to help Shiva and he will remain forever in your heart.

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#148 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, Shiva had a great run - lived a long and HAPPY life (from reading the posts).

He travels on to other pastures now ...

#149 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:09 AM

Today's guest story tellers are River Otter and Tree Stump. The seasons have changed but not much else at Cookie Land. IMGP1422.jpg There was wood cut season. IMGP1367 (1).jpg IMG_4126 (1).jpg Quite right. Not a bad way to go, for us dead trees. I think the man missed his helpful dog. IMGP1423.jpg Why yes. The little dogs just want to have fun. Who can blame them? IMG_0377.jpg IMG_3971 (1).jpg The man put in a dog door. That could be great fun. IMGP1405 (2).jpg IMGP1391.jpg IMG_4127.jpg The blond one didn't like it. It touched her bottom and made a THUP noise behind her. IMG_4097.jpg The woman and the black dog showed her in and out. Used almost half a bucket of liver treats but to no avail. Smart and willful the blond one would rather sit at the other door and wait for the woman to open it and let in all the cold air too. Over a month goes by and the woman gives up. IMGP1423.jpg Then the Blond One just starts using the door as if it had always been. In and Out. IMG_4018.jpg It is the spring time of the mind. Joy. IMG_4005.jpg Except if the vacuum cleaner is lurking behind the drafting table. Then there is a song of protest. Always put the vacuum cleaner back in the cabinet. Happy Winter. IMG_4030 (1).jpg

#150 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3285 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

Just love your stories...... :rolleyes:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#151 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

IMG_4347.jpg Today's greeting is brought to you by the letter C and the color Brown. Happy Spring. Although I'm not sure I believe it. It's been faux spring 5 times already. Sure the robins are back and last night about 30 sand hill cranes flew over head but I'm still suspicious. IMG_4344 (1).jpg Although Cake is looking Brown and that's the color of dirt so maybe, just maybe it's time.

We are waiting for a glass kiln. IMGP1336 (1).jpg I made this "ornament" in class and I have the materials to make my own here in the studio. Hopefully the kiln will get here and I'll work out the firing schedule and the decal printing process so that we can consider making some keep sakes for this year's micro gathering. The studio elves are certainly ready to appear from nowhere and help. IMGP1471.jpg IMGP1553 (1).jpg IMGP1546 (1).jpg

Edited by Sherab, 21 March 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#152 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7663 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

I want one,...or two.  

--David Dunning

#153 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

Allison, one or two studio elves?

#154 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7663 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

I don't want to be greedy; one house elf would be plenty.

--David Dunning

#155 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

Looking forward to our Micro Gathering..IMG_4449 (2).jpg IMG_4585 (2).jpg IMG_4586 (3).jpg IMG_4610 (1).jpg

Edited by Sherab, 20 April 2017 - 09:39 AM.

#156 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

oh how cool is that!

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#157 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

C, it looks like Lilli on a white or light background with not too much detail in the background or Kona on a uniformly dark background - think school photos - works best.

#158 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Uhhh school photos?????

Your work is excellent - no comparison  :wub: 

#159 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

A few spring pictures. Not quiet uploading like in the past. Will have to try again when I have more time.

IMG_4687 (3).jpg IMG_4699 (1).jpg IMG_4718 (1).jpg

Edited by Sherab, 03 May 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#160 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2202 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

IMG_4685 (2).jpg Not sure why my photos are uploading as either little - same size as thumb print so don't bother to click on them or Ginormous but I'll have to solve that another day. Right now they are uploaded as ginormous in case you wish to view the flowers. The leaves have unfurled here. It's glorious spring. The little dogs favorite place is not the wee bridge Scott built. Its outside the fence so still slightly forbidden. Hope your spring is likewise glorious.IMG_4707 (2).jpg IMG_4740 (2).jpg IMG_4754.jpg IMG_4757.jpg IMG_4759 (1).jpg

Edited by Sherab, 04 May 2017 - 05:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: silliness, an eccentrics life with dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users