• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

C & Sri, Tubes seem to need to be shared. Otherwise they get lonely.

Denise, that yellow thing in the sky - we were a bit concerned but then we remembered what it was.

Sherab,  the yellow thing is really cool  ....  it rises in the East, turns the sky blue, sometimes has halos or rainbows around it.  It can be orange, sometimes red, then it goes to sleep in the West to come back again in the East!  :rolleyes:

Tubes - glad to hear that the heavy duty one withstood Texas sun.

I have a cheap fabric one that's in a box right now, thought it would be a good starter - and we thought Roger (the Dash-terrier mix) would like it but he's not ready for it yet.

I'm really hoping he and the AI puppy bond (whenever puppy becomes physically present - LOL!)  ^_^

Is some one suggesting I should have gotten on the waiting list for two puppies??????? :huh:

#22 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

newtrucksmell.jpg thinkshed.jpg bridge.jpg river.jpg two.jpg

Took both dogs together on a week end trip. They did great. Good in the new truck (made sure to decorate with shedding and sand), good in the hotel and good at the bike event.

#23 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

Oowwwwwh ------  lilacs!

(OK, yes enjoying the parrot & cake pics and I see green grass!) :D

#24 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2341 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

C & Sri, Tubes seem to need to be shared. Otherwise they get lonely.

Miz M & Star, Zommies are the best. Just the other day Scott leaned against the gate and mused that even if Shiva was in his prime there would be a connection missing (even with epic GSD-AID zoomies) that the two AIDs have. It's almost like.... an old married couple. Wish I'd gotten the loop through blue tunnel then yellow and back around.

Quite familiar with this "connection" that AIDs have. You should see when Jas and K'ne get together with Opal or Meadow.
...Both of which will be at The Gathering btw! woohoo!!
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#25 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

Summer summer14.jpg

purplenpink.jpg

If Cake were a flower cakeflower.jpg caketheflower.jpg

Gardening services, how can I help? Dig hole? Lay on day lillies? summerbreeze.jpg rosenparrot.jpg

#26 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

Wonderful, Sherab! You are so creative! Glad you're getting some summer there  :) 

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#27 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Here in Michigan fireworks were made legal for anyone a few years ago. This year people have gone wild. No idea why. Our house is situated near enough to the town's launch site that we are assured professional grade audio on the 4th, however neighbors in all directions have put on private shows from dusk to midnight that sound wise rival the town show.

Our house on the fourth eve of fire works..."Boom..pop,pop, pop.... BOOOM!" on continuous loop until they run out...

Waki: Bark!BarkBark! Bark! "Hey were being invaded! MOM, DAD, HEY"

Us: Come here

Waki - trot trot trot pop, sit and look at us with great intensity

Us: it's ok. Lay down. Bed time.

Waki - lays down between us, makes whale eye. (cover with his baby blanky) oh ok now I'm invisible.

Cake: ZZZZzzzzZZZ ping (Waki detection system goes off) slither slither, put head on Waki's bottom ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ

Shiva: ZZZZZ until one minute before the end and then "BARK BARK BARK" Hey I'm trying to sleep here. Knock it OFFF!"

#28 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

sounds like everyone there weathered the weekend OK!

#29 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

Many years ago (11?) Ruffwear made a tent for use as a portable crate. Well unless your dog is very submissive and obedient it really doesn't work as a crate but it IS a MOST BeLOVEd living space. Shivathebeniferous.jpg

Shiva the Beniferous would like you to know that he shares his thrown with His subjects....

Attached Thumbnails

• ohtent7.jpg
  • ohtent6.jpg
  • ohtent5.jpg
  • ohtent4.jpg
  • ohtent.jpg
  • ohtent3.jpg

#30 Sri

Sri

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

Oh Sherab that is the sweetest pack moment...playing in their tent! I love it!

#31 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1147 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Looove the OOOO look on Waki's face in that one shot!  I can just hear it!  Soooo familiar!

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#32 Meadow's Family

Meadow's Family

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

We love these tent pictures. Meadow's pack consists of two legged members. We end up with a two person tent in our living room filled with five kids and a dog each winter. Funny how they always have to be together.

#33 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 374 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

How fun! Ayita would shred it in a heartbeat. Anything not nailed down and light enough for her to carry becomes a sparring partner, complete with sound effects and nibbles. Hoping this behavior modifies as she matures. I guess the other option is to get her a puppy  :D...

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#34 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3249 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful....a "pup tent" full of pups.   :lol:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#35 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:21 AM

LOL good one Mz. M!

Carolyn It took 2 years and a Cake to get Waki to stop eating anything with a zipper on it. A puppy is a great option.

#36 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

Attempted Fall foliage pictures. attempt1.jpg diganato.jpg attempt2.jpg attempt3.jpg

#37 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

It's after Labor day - guess it's fall! Can't believe you have some changing leaves already!

#38 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

The new tubes have arrived. Tip - We went with the 6 inch spacing vs 4 inch because that's what we had that lasted 10 years plus outside with no care. 4 inch spacing sounds obnoxious and the extra hoops add cost due to the labor involved. We purchased from http://www.dogtunnel...5&product_id=61 because we loved the colors and I believe these are the folks we originally purchased from.tubefirstrun.jpg

PS they offer a new 19 oz vs 16 oz with embossed surface - since 16 oz lasted 10 years with extreme abuse I didn't think the extra weight was worth it. These tunnels are also heavy to lug so why add more weight.. I don't think it will give me more life - Vinyl will age and I don't think more thickness will buy me anything.

Attached Thumbnails

• newtubes.jpg

Edited by Sherab, 13 September 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#39 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Were these the tubes you had in the Southern sun?

Wondering if the thicker or the coated would offer better UV protection for southern Florida.

Vinyl tarps and most grill covers are ruined within a year.

I don't want to spend extra money when not needed, and also don't want to buy something that won't last a few years.

I would like to have a tube in the yard someday.

#40 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2177 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

Yes we had these in Texas year round for about 5 years before moving north so they have experienced 100+ degrees, high humidity and intense sun and last winter endured -18 F. The yellow one is still in ok shape. The teal one is starting to dis-integrate. I just lugged a 15 ft one to a spot under the apples. It wasn't too bad to carry. Would say it weighs less than Waki so under 40 lbs. I bet a 10 ft with 6 inch spacing wouldn't be too bad to set up and take down vs leaving out- they fold up reasonably small so could take up a spot in the garage possibly. You can email company with questions. I don't see weights but 10 and 6 should be the least heavy to carry.

Attached Thumbnails

• yellowtube2004.jpg
  • Yellowtube2014.jpg

Edited by Sherab, 14 September 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: silliness, an eccentrics life with dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users