Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Retained Testicle - Cryptorchidism

Rooster has presented with a somewhat rare genetic condition - only one of his testicles dropped. My vet said that it is not a huge problem if the dog gets fixed - and he is scheduled to have that procedure done soon, but it is genetic and costly as well as a much more involved surgery. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their male AI dog.

Rooster has presented with a somewhat rare genetic condition - only one of his testicles dropped. My vet said that it is not a huge problem if the dog gets fixed - and he is scheduled to have that procedure done soon, but it is genetic and costly as well as a much more involved surgery. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their male AI dog.

Recently, I came across a thread from 2017- not sure if it's helpful:

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4113&hl=testicles

I would recommend contacting Kim, if you haven't done so already.

PS) Rooster is a cutie!

Yes, my pup Darmok, had retained testicles. One finally dropped when he was 6 or 9 months old (I don't remember but I posted about it). I waited til he was a year old to get him neutered hoping that the second one would drop but it never did. During the neutering surgery, the vet found the second testicle. It was very undeveloped and the hmmm tube? was very short so it was never going to drop. The surgery cost less than $100 more than what my banfield payment covered.