Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Hi All! Looks like I am days away from receiving my first pup! I was curious what the community's thoughts were are food brands/choices. And if anyone knew what Kim has been weaning with?

So far from my external sources Eukanuba has been highly recommended but I figured the community would have alot to say too. Please help!!!

• Like 1

We got Tehya on August 15th and fed her the rest of the kibble Kim sent with her. Then we went right to the raw diet which she is doing really well. Chicken wings that have been frozen then thawed, a little goat milk, and alternate with pre frozen already ground raw food. Which is named Instinct Raw By Natures Variety, it comes in different Meats. Chicken, beef, duck , turkey......So far so good, no problems with bowels or anything.

• Like 3

Thanks for the tips and the re-direction to the other forum page. I've read it all and its really helping me break all the choices down. But man is it hard, it seems like most brands people recommended all have at least something that makes them less desirable...

Williowtree55 is there any source you used to help create your raw diet?

• Like 1

c.jbeach, i was told by a breeder from NY that breeds another kind of dog to go RAW, her dogs are healthier, cleaner teeth, shiny fur, and you know what they are eating. Most kibble has grain fillers and other stuff and it makes huge poops ! LOL. I looked up a lot of different websites and printed out stuff and take it slow. Im still yet to give her beef bones, chicken wings have been easy. i still need to venture out with different kinds of meat. We are still learning.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I do a mix of kibble and raw meat/veg with Willow. I feed her Flint River for kibble, then give her the parts of carrots and celery and other veggies that I don't use, along with any excess meat. She does well with that, her coat is really nice, her nails grow almost too fast, haha.

• Like 2

I transitioned my dogs to raw and that is going very well so Okomi went right to raw when he got here. The first thing I gave him was bison which I thought was most fitting. He is growing so fast and loves his RMB (raw meaty bones), beef and chicken blends from Rawforpaws as well as organic cottage cheese. Will add pasture raised chicken from a local source and eggs soon. Chicken thighs work very nicely for about half the days food.

An additional benefit is no nasty piles of poop! Very firm stool.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...