• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

Well all is going wonderful at the Bailey home!!!! Koda is adjusting well here....the pics I'm putting up are when Michael and his Dad brought Koda (Chhaya had to give Michael kisses!!!) and her New Years Day....she loves the woods! When my sister and I rode our horses Chhaya and Koda had a blast!!! They love to play ball and frisbee!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful gift Michael and Sonia have given us!!!!! Thank you soooo much Michael and Sonia!!! Koda loves the wide open outdoors and playing with Chhaya and Gypsy!!!!!

Oh and she loves to sleep on Ken's lap!!! They are bonded!!!!

Attached Files

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#2 Paul and Angelique

Paul and Angelique

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

Well all is going wonderful at the Bailey home!!!! Koda is adjusting well here....the pics I'm putting up are when Michael and his Dad brought Koda (Chhaya had to give Michael kisses!!!) and her New Years Day....she loves the woods! When my sister and I rode our horses Chhaya and Koda had a blast!!! They love to play ball and frisbee!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful gift Michael and Sonia have given us!!!!! Thank you soooo much Michael and Sonia!!! Koda loves the wide open outdoors and playing with Chhaya and Gypsy!!!!!

Oh and she loves to sleep on Ken's lap!!! They are bonded!!!!

Ooo what joy to see dogs and horses in the woods. Here in the Netherlands it is not allowed to let dogs run free in most woods. You always need to keep a lookout for the "rangers". If they see you with free running dogs it will coust you about $ 60,- per dog. :D

#3 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3464 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

Hey Maria, Koda looks like he has been with you all for ever.....looks like these two beautiful canines become fast friends immediately. Congratulations. What a way to start the new year. I love the pic where Chaaya is giving Michael kisses as if to say, thank you for bringing me my new friend. :D
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#4 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

Gotta love happy endings that are happy beginnings!
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#5 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Interests:gardening ,cooking, having BBQ'S .keeping busy , fleamarkets , Hanging out with my AID dogs

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

OH ! Maria , Koda looks like she went to heaven and knowing your place she did cant wait for the boys to meet her :D
Linda Bell

#6 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Paul and Angelique, Yes it is a joy! I am thankful that my parents own 100 acres and we own 10 acres, also that the land owners that are next to us have been allowing us to ride our horses on there for years now except during hunting season! I seem to appreciate it more and more all the time!!!

Miz Molly, I have to agree with you that it seemed like Chhaya was thanking Michael for bringing our sweet Koda!!! Koda is adjusting so well and tonight I took them out before I had changed into my barn clothes and I said "come on girls I have to get ready to go to the barn". Koda headed towards the barn!!!! She loves it!!!! She sure is a quick learner!!! I feel like she has been with us all along!!! Maybe in spirit she was....she loves to RUN!!!

Straghoti, You are so right about loving happy endings that are happy beginnings!!!!!! I finally feel a peace that I have been waiting for...wasn't sure why I felt like something was missing...now I know why!!!

Linda, I hope the weather holds out so we can get these guys and girls together real soon!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and replies!!! :D

Edited by maria, 03 January 2011 - 03:50 PM.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#7 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

The one pic of them laying together on the floor is priceless! I am sooooo happy she has fit in well and she has found her home!
"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" - Unknown

#8 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

Yes it sure it priceless!!! Things continue to go well here!!! Koda is adjusting so much quicker than I expected!!! I truly think she loves the freedom of running in the fields, woods and just RUNNING!!! She is picking up speed and is not quite as fast as Chhaya yet but getting VERY close!!! I'll let you all know if she ever passes Chhaya when they run!!! Chhaya is the fastest dog I've ever seen running!!! No other dog has passed her yet!!! The competition is on though with Koda!!! It is soooo exciting to see them play and Koda is loving the frisbee as much as the ball now!!!

I am sooooo happy that we have Koda!!! It is such a blessing and a beautiful addition to our family!!! I do honestly feel a peace with our "pack" now.

Will try to get more pics up this weekend!!!

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#9 swade

swade

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Paul and Angelique, Yes it is a joy! I am thankful that my parents own 100 acres and we own 10 acres, also that the land owners that are next to us have been allowing us to ride our horses on there for years now except during hunting season! I seem to appreciate it more and more all the time!!!

Miz Molly, I have to agree with you that it seemed like Chhaya was thanking Michael for bringing our sweet Koda!!! Koda is adjusting so well and tonight I took them out before I had changed into my barn clothes and I said "come on girls I have to get ready to go to the barn". Koda headed towards the barn!!!! She loves it!!!! She sure is a quick learner!!! I feel like she has been with us all along!!! Maybe in spirit she was....she loves to RUN!!!

Straghoti, You are so right about loving happy endings that are happy beginnings!!!!!! I finally feel a peace that I have been waiting for...wasn't sure why I felt like something was missing...now I know why!!!

Linda, I hope the weather holds out so we can get these guys and girls together real
soon!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and replies!!! :lol:

Yet ANOTHER reason to be grateful for the forum with all the connections and support! This is such a great story that it makes me want to get adopted too. Thanks for sharing your joy - it warms my heart.
Swade

#10 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Swade...Koda has been such a joy to us everyday! Yes, the Forum sure is great!!! Wanted to get more pics on, but time ran out this weekend! Been keeping Chhaya and Koda busy playing in the snow, riding my horse with them running along. Koda is picking up speed....Chhaya is gonna have major competition soon!!! Koda is toning up quick!!! My sister said yesterday she can see Koda's muscle tone changing already!!! I thought she seemed different, but when my sister said so, I knew I wasn't seeing things!

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#11 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

That is great news, Maria! I'm with Swade, could you adopt me too? I'd like to run in those woods.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#12 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

Would love to have all of you on the West Coast come see us on the East Coast!!!

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#13 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Interests:gardening ,cooking, having BBQ'S .keeping busy , fleamarkets , Hanging out with my AID dogs

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I am with you Maria between you and I we have a aidog gathering but we would to have anyone come to visit looks like we have to start planing a gathering huh! :P

Would love to have all of you on the West Coast come see us on the East Coast!!!

Linda Bell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users