Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Well another one in the books. I am happy to report there were no fires to worry about this year, the weather was beautiful and there was a good turn-out for the 2015 Gathering. Unfortunately, there were some who had to cancel their plans to attend at the last minute and you were all greatly missed.

I would like to thank everyone who attended this year's event. This event would not be successful without the support of all of you. This annual event is for you the owners but it is also for Kim. Watching Kim at the event is like watching the Great Grandfather at a family reunion sitting back and admiring his family. I know that those who were not able to attend were there in thought as we thought about all of you.

I also want to thank everyone for the very generous donations which helped out greatly this year. Once everything calmed down, Allison and I surprised Kim with your generous donations. Those funds will go far to help feed the dogs and the new generation puppies he is keeping as eventual breeders.

I noticed a lot of conversation, laughing, storytelling and dog playing. It sure appeared as if everyone had a good time. There were new owners with their 10 month old puppies and long time owners there as well. We even had perspective owners attend who were wanting to meet with AI Dog owners and the dogs and even ended up on the waiting list. People from around the camping area walked up to watch the puppies and adult dogs playing in the fence off area. What a wonderful sight watching dogs playing and having fun.

I am sure others will post their experience at this year's Gathering. I also hope there were lots of pictures taken. We did manage to have pictures taken of some of the dogs with their family. I will post them as soon as I can identify who is who in the pictures. I do have most identified but I want to post all the family pictures at the same time, hopefully in the next day or so. In the meantime, I do have a few pictures to post now.

I can't even begin to name everyone who helped since so many jumped in and assisted in one way or another. So let me just say, thank you to everyone there for their help.

Group picture, unfortunately not everyone made it into the picture. IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG Ayita and the teenage daughter of a family from California visiting the dogs. (Thanks Carolyn)

• Like 5

Glad you got that small group photo! With all the bluegrass festival activities, it was hard to get everyone together.

Lots of folks, lots of dogs,...as always, a very fun time.

I made some new and lasting friendships--no doubt about that.

And, of course, I learned a lot from Kim. He is so cool.

More soon.

Oh yeah, by the way, Greg did a great job, really, and thank you so much. This is not a simple task, as those of us who have gone before you, can attest. You made it easy for all of us to both help and to enjoy.

More on that as well.

• Like 5

Thought I'd start a new thread for our reports of the Gathering, since the last one is PAGES long.

This years gathering was soooo fun. Got behind the lens and snapped away at kids and pups...sorry adults. Unfortunately I had so much fun snapping that I didn't get the names of the pups.....

Who belongs to these pups anyway? The first cast of characters.

2015 gathering IMG_2881.jpg 2015 gatheringIMG_2964.jpg

2015 gathering IMG_2913.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2927.jpg

2015 gathering IMG_2928.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_3005.jpg

2015 gathering IMG_3015.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_3018.jpg

If you see your pup, and would like a copy of the photo, PM me. :)

• Like 5

So during the gathering there were a couple of star characters......the children. They were in the big pen with all of the pups having a ball. They all started out squeaky clean and ended up looking like "Pig Pen" in the peanuts comic strip. What a beautiful bunch of kids. Moms and dads you are doing a terrific job of raising not only your fur pups but your two legged pups as well. Here is a glimpse of the afternoon with children and pups.

2015 gathering.....jpg 2015 gqthering IMG_2958.jpg

The little herder Keep in mind the pups didn't know him nor he the pups

2015 gathering IMG_2956.jpg 2015 gqthering IMG_2958.jpg

Can you imagine being in the pen with all of these pups at his age...a little boys dream that went on all day. He was in the water trough with them (missed that shot), running with the herd and giggling. Not once did I hear a tired note from him. Just wanted to keep on going, going, going. :D

2015 gathering IMG_2979.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2973.jpg
nose to nose..... four bright eyes

2015 gathering IMG_2982.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2994.jpg

:wub: The best sister in the whole world.

2015 gathering IMG_3036.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_3040.jpg

It's hard work chasing after all of those pups.

2015 gathering IMG_2988.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_3001.jpg

When I took the individual shots of the children with their pups, I noticed that each one made their pup sit, remove their leash and stay.....very impressive. There were lots of distractions going on at the time. Good job kids.

2015 gathering IMG_2966.jpg

• Like 3

Now back at the ranch, all of the kids were in the puppy kennels at the same time so the pups definitely got a lot of socializing in. Moms and dads were there with them as well...got a bit crowded, but no one seemed to mind. They were all in puppy heaven...so were the adults. :lol:

2015 gathering IMG_3027.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2174.jpg

2015 gathering IMG_2172.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2891.jpg

2015 gathering IMG_2894.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2896.jpg

2015 gathering IMG_2909.jpg gathering IMG_3035.jpg

gathering IMG_3035.jpg 2015 gathering IMG_2876.jpg

Later that evening we had a bit of a one woman "Song Dog Band" and sing along fest.

2015 gathering IMG_3047.jpg

Allison on the new Mandolin singing with her beautiful voice....what a special treat.

2015 gathering IMG_3049.jpg

Molly and Elaine just finishing their do-oop do-oop :P

Happy trails until next year, stay healthy, keep your humor, and give someone a smile. :D

oops sorry about the double posted photo, but he was in and out of the kennels a lot. ha ha ha

• Like 6

Very nice photos Miz Molly. Now it is my turn to post the individual "Family Photos". Here they are in alphabetical order by dog's name.

Anoki with Greg.JPG Anoki with me (Greg) Ayita with Carolyn.JPG Ayita with Carolyn

Chance with Jan.JPG Chance with Jan Jasper and K'ne with Starghoti.JPG Jasper and K'ne with Starghoti

Kaylee with Russell and Connie.JPG Kaylee with Russell and Connie Meadow and Forrest with their family.JPG Meadow and Forrest with their family

Pico with Ron & Jackie.JPG Pico with Ron and Jackie Rue with Melissa.JPG Rue with Melissa

Sitka with Allison.jpg Sitka with Allison Tenshi with Wendy.JPG Tenshi with Wendy

• Like 7

WOW! How perfect is this...

Greg, you shot the adults and I shot the kids. The photos that I posted of Allison with her mandolin and Elaine and myself you also took, albeit with my camera. I wanted to mention that and thank you. Love all these pics.

See you behind the lens next year... :D

• Like 2

That is a cool photo.

Thank you Miz Molly and Greg for all of the great pictures of the gathering. Our family had so much fun and we were lucky enough to bring some of it home with us. We did not go planning on a puppy but at the end of the day there was one we could not leave behind. We were so lucky that he was not spoken for and that Kim thought that he was a good match for our family.

We are calling him Dune and as you can see he fits in with the whole family including the "little herder".

DSC01996.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

• Like 3

That little guy was a funny fellow. At one point, I saw him holding tufts of his dog's hair, one on the ruff, and one at the shoulders. He was letting his dog drag him around. I half expected him to start trick-riding. The dog was happy, the kid was happy,..the parents were fine...it was lovely.

• Like 2

It sure looks like another successful gathering. I am enjoying all of the pictures, to be sure. Kudos to Miss M and Greg for some fabulous photography. You can really see the personality of each dog come through the lens. :)

Meadow's Family: You will have to change your online name to reflect all of your wonderful pups...seems like your family has grown by at least one every time I see a new picture of you. Such love!

Starghoti...your shirt is hilarious. I might have to get one after I get my AID shirt.

Hugs to all!

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Hi Greg do you have any plans for another gathering in 2016? We missed it this year and are very interested in attending in 2016!

Hello JJ,

Yes we do anticipate a 2016 Gathering. This year we began the planning around the first of the year. We try to give a five to six months notice so that everyone can make plans, so stay tuned.

• Like 1