Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Meet Zuni Blue!

Time flies! He is getting big :)

I hadn't heard of a flirt pole, thanks for mentioning it!

The Himalayan yak treats may last a week or two. I found them good for teething.

Now that Tayamni is older she devours it quickly so I just give her once in a while.

• Like 1

that idea is from Tamarack and Rune's mom.... any toy on a string works...Are the himalayans you get really really hard??

Edited by NorCal
  • Like 1
that idea is from Tamarack and Rune's mom.... any toy on a string works...Are the himalayans you get really really hard??

Yes they are.

My dog loves to BURY their Bully sticks to marinate for a while before eating, and I got tired of scratching bed sheets and pillow cases (when they are in the house) - so I found something I call a Yacky POP. (I think it's called a Yaky Top. A combination of Yak treat and bully stick, looks like a popsicle!

Tayamni eats the Yak part first and I guess the bully stick gets chewed on during initial eating - so she's not trying to dig a hole in my bed. I find the bully stick part in with her stuffed animals on the bed if she hasn't eaten it.

Much better than buying new bed sheets all the time or sewing up holes!

Yaky Top_.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys are scaring me.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Maybe time for an update on little Zuni....(no more) This has been a wild ride and while I have had many dogs he is the first male dog I have raised from a pup..wow ...mothers of all teenaged boys have my total respect ( I have 3 girls) We love him to bits he is a great dog while at the same time being a goober knucklehead! He is very alert and protective definitely a guys dog...will eat anything whether edible or not and loves just hanging out in the dirt out back. Friendly to all dogs and humans alike and relaxed in most all situations. He's a bit of a talker... almost 11 months and turns heads wherever we go altho i hear coyote on a leash a little too often.

IMG_7575.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

• Like 3

Another talker!

• Like 1

Maybe time for an update on little Zuni....(no more) This has been a wild ride and while I have had many dogs he is the first male dog I have raised from a pup..wow ...mothers of all teenaged boys have my total respect ( I have 3 girls) We love him to bits he is a great dog while at the same time being a goober knucklehead! He is very alert and protective definitely a guys dog...will eat anything whether edible or not and loves just hanging out in the dirt out back. Friendly to all dogs and humans alike and relaxed in most all situations. He's a bit of a talker... almost 11 months and turns heads wherever we go altho i hear coyote on a leash a little too often.

LOL!!! I think Wyot, being my first male dog, is following in Zuni's footsteps! Oh that last picture...I just picked up all Wyot's toy stuffing not half an hour ago (almost time to sleep), it took a month (longer than most of the other toys he's had)..but it was a 94 cent toy from Walmart...he definitely talks, and if I play a child's xylophone, he howls, talks, and jumps all over the place- it's a riot!!!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I thought Id use this old thread to post some recent photos....its been an up and down year and a few but we decided to u turn and try some agility...and he loves it especially the tunnel oh and the treats oh and the other pups..... just some photos to share... what a good boy!

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

• Like 6

Beautiful!!

Edited by KittynDoc
  • Like 1

Great pictures of Zuni in action on the course. He looks as if he is happy, as I am sure you are as well.

• Like 1
Great pictures of Zuni in action on the course. He looks as if he is happy, as I am sure you are as well.

yes we are...he's a very funny boy.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Happy Birthday 2 to my buddy Zuni and his litter-mates ( CHAWA & ROWDY) where ever they may be. He is really a great beast-- a super agility dog , very serious guard dog, CHOWhound, friend to all dogs and humans ( especially those in possession of treats) loves to hear himself BARK, slowly learning to snuggle, cat lover , stuffed animal destroyer and baby licker oh and HANDSOME! We are so lucky to have you in our family. Thanks for all the support during the teenage phase and thanks to Kim.IMG_9999.jpg

• Like 1
Flash from the past... (courtesy of New Pups Forum posting: Chawa X Rogue's Rowdy Spring 2016 Litter)

[img=http://www.iidoba.org/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 20160519_101854_1.jpg

Ahhhh, how we've grown :rolleyes:

he is so cute!! Looks smaller than Zuni tho he is 51 LBs..

Flash from the past... (courtesy of New Pups Forum posting: Chawa X Rogue's Rowdy Spring 2016 Litter)

[img=http://www.iidoba.org/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 20160519_101854_1.jpg

Ahhhh, how we've grown :rolleyes:

Wonder where #3 is?