Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Say Hello To Boone

Well, pretty much spent yesterday morning reading this entire thread!. .. I could copy and paste this into my own thread and just insert Pico's name over Boone's! It was almost a relief to read that Boone also was crazy in puppy class. Our teacher also suggested private lessons. Pico was asked to leave the room several times for his barking. You had me LOL several times. Love how you tell stories, your honesty, your videos and love Boone! Hope to meet you all at the Gathering

• Like 3
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like we have made huge progress in the last 12 hours. Boone has willing come into the house 4 times now. Now I'm not saying he was happy about it, but I didn't have to carry him across the th

I know that feeling of losing them in the garden, on the chairs etc. Walking right past them wondering where the heck they are..... Both Tolinka and Two Step are the color of fall leaves... Rain

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday! We were severely sleep deprived and getting Boone settled in.   We got to airport Friday night and had a really hard time finding Delta cargo so

Posted Images

Well, pretty much spent yesterday morning reading this entire thread!. .. I could copy and paste this into my own thread and just insert Pico's name over Boone's! It was almost a relief to read that Boone also was crazy in puppy class. Our teacher also suggested private lessons. Pico was asked to leave the room several times for his barking. You had me LOL several times. Love how you tell stories, your honesty, your videos and love Boone! Hope to meet you all at the Gathering

LOL! Tayamni, Boone's littermate was not as crazy but was asked to leave, (as a time out) and fast walk the premises and come back to class a few times in her puppy class. She liked to bark when the instructor was talking and also play with the others while we're supposed to be sitting quietly.

I think Carolyn said Ayita had the same talking problem. I'd have to read back on my Topic. At least someone else barked over their teacher, too! It helped me to know that Tayamni was not the only one.

Pico is from one of the fall litters too! I wonder what was in the air at that time - LOL!

Well that explains it. When I asked Nick he also had said it was probably dependent on which browser people were using. I always use Chrome because IE causes my computer to freeze up. Nick uses Firefox. You'd think in this age of technology, it wouldn't be this difficult!

• Like 1

So glad you found the thread and enjoyed it. I almost said glad you can relate but not sure I should be glad about that!! I felt really overwhelmed in the beginning and thought I was the only one who had experienced these things. This forum has been a life saver for me and I hope every future owner of a wild child AID will find the thread so they know they aren't alone! One thing I always hear is "he has so much personality!" And that he does :wub: I have another video to post to youtube. I'll try to get it up this weekend. We have a full length mirror in our bedroom and for some reason he saw himself the other night and went nuts. Now this mirror has always been there. He has spent time studying himself in the mirror. Don't know what was different this week but it was a 30 min marathon of barking and growling at the "other dog". Finally had to cover the mirror so we could get some sleep!

• Like 2

I've often thought that maybe we should ask Allison to pin this thread because we had some good learnings that helped other people such as the squirt bottle of water. Anyhow I'm sure I'll be directing people to read about that tazmanian devil Boone for a long time to come.

• Like 2

Boone lived up to the tazmanian devil reputation over the weekend. He was just impossible all day Sunday. Good thing he has those beautiful brown eyes that gaze at us so innocently and melt our hearts. He's just irresistible when he's not being a PITA! The neighborhood kids love him and lately when we go for our afternoon walk I can hear them yelling "Boone's back!" up and down the street. They lay down on the sidewalk and let him climb all over them and lick them to death. I'm not sure who likes it more, them or Boone.

Here's a video from last week. He suddenly saw himself as a threat in the floor length mirror in our bedroom. This mirror has always been there and I've seen him sit in front of it and study himself. Maybe he didn't realize he'd grown so much and it took him by surprise. This standoff went on for 30 minutes while we showered and got ready for bed. I have to say we thought it was cute for the first 3 minutes...not so much at 15 and 30 minutes! I've never heard him growl before. No amount of soothing could convince him to come away from that spot. We were behind him in the bathroom so I believe he thought he was protecting us. Once I covered the mirror he laid down but kept an eye on the doorway for a long time.

• Like 3

Wow! He looks so big compared to Tayamni (Tayamni isn't filled out - just a little girl). I got a quick measurement this morning and she is about / at least 21" tall at the withers. She grew again when I wasn't looking! :ph34r:

I played the vid at work (no sound). will have to play it tonight for Tayamni!

Maybe Boone wants a friend to play with but then got wary when the "other" dog didn't come out to play?????

Don't worry Boone, Tayamni is coming to play! OK, that's ONLY 44 or 45 days away!!!!!!! LOL! :o

Good thing you have Bandit and Kito to visit and hopefully Moonfire will come visit Boone, too! ;)

• Like 2

Be sure to let me know what Tayamni does when you play it. We've been telling Boone that his sister is coming to visit and will stay for awhile. I think it's going to be fantastic for both of them! Be sure to let me know if Tayamni reacts when you play it for her. My nephew just got a husky pup. Yesterday I was on my phone playing a video of it howling & Boone woke up, ran to me and used his nose to hit the phone screen. He is always curious when he hears another dog. We've watched Nature channel shows on wolves and he will sit and watch them too.

I haven't measured or weighed Boone lately. I'll have to do that soon.

• Like 2

Oh that's just silly! :D Boone has a big boy bark! Pico's is still a bit high pitched. Yes, Boone is a big boy! Can't recall if I said but Pico is 30lbs.

Boone learned to bark like a big dog when he went to the vet to be neutered. He was only there for the day but the staff said he had all the dogs in the place in an uproar. He came home with a deep deep bark that shocked the heck out of us!

• Like 2

I've got her on Video, not good lighting but she is barking, too. Not as much but seems to be in answer to him at first, more or less friendly, then she went and sat on the couch and barked some more from time to time. She also went to the bedroom once and I called her back out.

Second time I played it she didn't bark, she watched the screen and then went to the couch and was looking out the side window (not the couch window). She looked at the computer screen and the window then lied down on the couch alert.

She's not scared, although not happy with growly bark and then I think she realized he wasn't confronting her. Her hackles NEVER raised, and she NEVER tucked her tail.

We had a talk and I don't think she realizes that she has grown a lot too!

Now she is tired out and napping - ooh! it's past time for bed!

They'll have fun together in person I'm sure of it!

• Like 2

Oh yeah, you can count on us being there for the festivities. :) Wonderful News!

Edited by mommom
  • Like 2

Boone and Tayamni together. Hide the Soup! Throw in some Bandit and Keto - sounds like a big adventure! We look forward to stories and pictures :)

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
Boone is working on his Bonsai skills

Holy Crap Batman!!!!!

Does Edward Scissorhands live near you?

• Like 1

Boone is working on his Bonsai skills

I can relate. Fortunately Anoki has only chosen one of my many bushes to practice his bush trimming skills.

20150501_134736.jpg

• Like 1

I was just thinking, I am very fortunate to have such a perfect dog...ahem...then I remembered the Japanese Maple that was Dave's favorite...bought a special pot for the deck and all...it's trying to make a comeback this spring, but she already trimmed the longest tender branch. Left the pieces on the deck, adding insult to injury. :huh:

• Like 1

I can relate. Fortunately Anoki has only chosen one of my many bushes to practice his bush trimming skills.

Oh my! We had to put a wrought iron fence around the palm tree because it was Boone's absolute favorite thing to chew on. But then he just moved on to the other bushes.

• Like 1

I was just thinking, I am very fortunate to have such a perfect dog...ahem...then I remembered the Japanese Maple that was Dave's favorite...bought a special pot for the deck and all...it's trying to make a comeback this spring, but she already trimmed the longest tender branch. Left the pieces on the deck, adding insult to injury. :huh:

It's always the favorite one, isn't it?!

Bandit, Kito and Boone got together this weekend. We had a great time. It's so much fun to see Boone with other AIDs who 'get' him. Bandit was very patient with Kito and Boone's antics. Boone pestered the heck of Kito but Kito was patient as well. They were all exhausted at the end of the day. I'll try to post a few pictures here but I usually have issues with that so I'll try posting a facebook link with the whole album too. Tim got some great shots of all the dogs and we're looking forward to seeing those too!

https://www.facebook.com/denise.crumrine/media_set?set=a.10153344344576457.1073741890.672341456&type=3&uploaded=60

P5022047.JPG

P5022048.JPG

P5022051.JPG

P5022025.JPG

P5022029.JPG

P5022039.JPG

P5022041.JPG

P5022015.JPG

P5022006.JPG

P5022008.JPG

• Like 4

I am happy that you guys got together. Puppy playtime is so much fun for the pups and humans as well. It offers a great energy release for the pups and usually calms them down the remainder of the day (I know it does when Anoki and Ayita get together). Isn't it amazing how these dogs get along so well together. Fantastic pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Facebook shots were great too. Glad Boone has his own "series". Too much character not to.

• Like 1

Tim's picture of Kito, Bandit and Boone Play Date are now on Facebook. Tim got some great action shots and just some really fun pictures of the 3 dogs together. Boone just looks so darn happy. I think he'll overdose on joy when his sister Tayamni is here for 10 whole days!

https://www.facebook.com/denise.crumrine?ref=tn_tnmn

• Like 1