Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

In Memorium To Shadow.....

Quote Kim LaFlamme

"Shadow passed away close to the same time as her sister Moon -"

Hi Kim,

I don’t remember if I emailed you about Shadow passing. She would have been 17 in January. She passed away here at our home, very peacefully in her sleep. We realized that she was not well on Monday and she passed the following Thursday morning. Took her to the vet right away. He figured it was cancer that was taking over, he did some blood tests and it was obvious that she was bleeding internal. Had her scheduled for an ultra sound for Thursday afternoon. Since she died early Thursday morning we are not sure what the cause was exactly. We had her cremated and her ashes are in our house for now. She was a great dog, that adjusted so well to us, two AI puppies and our life style. A lot of changes for an “old lady”

I have attached a picture taken a couple days before she passed. She did not give up, but she just kept getting weaker by the day. She had a routine of walking the property line every morning. Even though she could hardly make it up and down the porch stairs, she still went out every morning, including the day before she passed. She took her time and the pups followed her, to protect her it appears. Sad but Sweet all at the same time. We miss her deeply.

shadow.....IMG_0038.JPG

We want to get another pup, so I will contact you at the beginning of 2016 to get back in the loop again.

Hope all is well with you and your pack!

Judy....Sacramento, California

So sorry for your loss....I understand your pain...your soul aches...shes in your heart forever....memories will be vivid forever....I still get the feeling that Koda is right beside me...sometimes I turn and expect to see her....