• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2345 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Wonderful! Like a box of chocolates (even white chocolate). I look forward to the new stories and pictures congratulations to 20 families!

#42 Eric

Eric

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Love to travel and meet new people. Love College Football and many other sports. Enjoy time with family and training my dog!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

that is so exciting! i wonder when they will be ready to go home! i am headed to the olympics in london this summer and hope i don't miss out as i can't get one till mid august!! i bet everyone must be so excited, i find myself checking this site throughout the day for any updates! i can't wait to have my own AID and can share my stories with all of you! i feel as though i have never met any of you that we share a bond on some level. most of you have been through this waiting stage and know exactly what we waiters are going through. it is an exciting time and all the owners on here have amazing beautiful dogs and i will be so proud to be part of this group!

#43 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

We now have close to 20 pups, with a complete assortment of colors, including almost completely white.

Kim is much relieved to be so close to fulfilling the waiting list.

I've always wanted a white one. Numero Quatro.

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#44 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

The white with blue eyes are very sacred and rare. They are as sacred as the white buffalo. Just a tidbit!!!
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#45 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3426 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Now I'm on the edge of my chair waiting to SEE photos, and I'm not even on the list.

Wonderful! Like a box of chocolates (even white chocolate). I look forward to the new stories and pictures congratulations to 20 families!

I love your description Sherab. It's perfect! :)

The white with blue eyes are very sacred and rare. They are as sacred as the white buffalo. Just a tidbit!!!

Who is going to be the lucky one to have this rare AID as their companion. Whom ever it is, might just have a new handle, "Lucky Dog." ;)
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#46 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

I haven't heard that any of the light ones have blue eyes. As you can see from my avatar, we had a nearly white one, Zi, but her eyes were yellow!! She was special!!!
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#47 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3426 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

I haven't heard that any of the light ones have blue eyes. As you can see from my avatar, we had a nearly white one, Zi, but her eyes were yellow!! She was special!!!

Is it still to early to tell what color their eyes are?
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#48 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

I think it is and they change too. Kim doesn't do too much handling of the new pups -- he let's Momma get to know her kids. When we first got Zi her eyes were light and everyone thought they'd go blue but they didn't! She had a wonderful personality and hugh ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#49 dcunger

dcunger

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Our kids and dog, family, gardening, blacksmithing, cooking, camping, and motorcycling just to name a few!!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Excitement is building. I have started stocking up on puppy toys and we already had lots of food/water dishes. Need to get a few bones (couple for each dog to prevent disagreements) to leave laying around the house and stub our toes on (ouch). Collars and leashes we will wait till we know what the sex is and prolly let the kids help pick that out. The vet was notified of the impending arrival last fall and is really excited to meet s/he!!!

Oh, and we have already made plans with the baby sitter so the kids don't have to go sit and wait at the airport while we wait on pup to arrive!!

We have also been in touch with Kim (just in case) as we are out of town the week the first litter turns 5 weeks old. We will have no internet and very little cell service and would hate to miss "the call"...lol

I think we are ready to go, bring on a pup!!!

#50 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

The high school I graduated from was the White Buffalo's. I've accepted that as a good omen.

When I see the all white (or the all black), I Know they are sacred by how they make me feel inside.

I love the blue eyes, yet it is the sentience behind all the eyes that grabs my imagination and my Soul and won't let go.

My expectations for myself with the two dogs I have are almost impossibly high. I can't imagine what I'd expect of myself were I to have one of the Sacred Ones! :huh: ;)

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#51 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

The eyes are 'easy' after dark, shine a flashlight - Green or teal eye-shine = yellow or brown colors, red = blues
Has to do with rods/cones and eye reflectivity.

For toys- we (and the dogs) love antlers (http://antlerchews.com/ best price/shipping/customer service!!) and we live with the toe ouchies by religiously picking up the toys/bones at the end of the day and putting them in the dog's toy-basket. (hint: That is where the dogs go to look for things to play with! instead of shoes or whatever. Took puppy-Jasper about 3 days to figure that out. lol) We are planning on making it into a game, and teaching the dogs to pick up their own toys. At the end they can earn a bedtime cookie for doing it. :)

@Gib- ... yeah, know what you mean about 'expectations' I have a hard enough time living up to the expectations of my 'regular-one' :rolleyes: :D

We have no idea what we are getting- I talked at length with Kim about "who" we wanted, but I have no idea 'what' we will get. :) M/F, color/s - no clue. Kinda like christmas and my birthday all wrapped into one puppy! I just know I really like the light eye color (any color - just light) because I really like the feeling of connection I have with Jasper :wub: because I can so easily see and read his eyes. I'm spoiled. ;)
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#52 Meadow's Family

Meadow's Family

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

My kids and I are so excited to find out the the list is almost full. Twenty puppies!!!! I don't know what we are going to get yet, but just knowing they are on the ground is wonderful. :)

#53 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Welcome- Therese!
After all the time you guys spent at Kim's, I'm pretty sure he knows what dog you are looking for. :)

Tho the wrapping is a surprise, the gift should be Just what you asked for... ;)
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#54 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Welcome Therese! Very fun to think that between you and Star, there will be a whole pack. I look forward to meeting you, and hope you will bop down for the Gathering. Even if you can't stay, we have a Saturday picnic.

Which reminds me, we need to talk about who is bringing what. Think about it, everyone. I'll put up a list, soon, and you can chose your offering.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#55 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3426 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

Welcome Theresa, so glad to have you on board. Don't wear out the seat on your chair :D There is no way you will miss that call. Looking forward to getting to know you and your pup. Stay in touch with us.

#56 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Dang I need to get one! Now! Haha.

I've decided on the extremely RARE chance that my next one is a white/cream with blue eyes, I'm going to name him Roanoke. No stealing it from me; I've called dibs.

Edited by Nessa, 06 June 2012 - 07:06 AM.

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

#57 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3426 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Nessa, Nessa, Nessa, what about the temperament. I remember when I got on the list, I told Kim I wasn't interested in the red dogs, that I wanted one with a bit more drama...ya right! I ended up with two reds, and couldn't be happier. I think Star hit it on the head. Let the wrapping be the surprise, the real gift is inside. ;)

#58 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

I think if Kim was lucky to have the white blue eyed critter, it would definitely be a star member of his own pack!!! We've had red, beige, very light cream, black, brown/black combo, brown/cream combo, beige -- almost our own rainbow. They've all had different personalities, different sizes (Tsaga is our midget) but great animals.

Edited by judyk, 06 June 2012 - 07:36 AM.

[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#59 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Dang I need to get one! Now! Haha.

I've decided on the extremely RARE chance that my next one is a white/cream with blue eyes, I'm going to name him Roanoke. No stealing it from me; I've called dibs.

We are always working on new names. Now we have to get a larger yard, house, and bed!

Dcunger, already made plans with the babysitter? Wow! Probably a good choice, too, to let the pup meet the alphas first, and start off a little more calmly.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#60 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

LOL- I tried to talk T into a King Size bed... but he doesn't want us to sleep in different zip codes.. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users