140 replies to this topic

#41 Todd

Todd

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

I'd love to meet you when you make this special trip. Let me know when you're coming and I'll try to make time. I only live an hour away but usually am more available on the weekend, esp Sunday...

That would be cool! I will keep you posted as to our schedule. Are you towards Crater Lake because we will be heading that way after Kim's or while there as a day trip. We plan on being with him for a few days so hopefully we can work it out.
Looking forward to it.
Todd
Big Air Bella powered by CANIDAE!!!!! High Flyin' Fun SoCal Style!!!!

#42 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

Ok I have a couple of question for you Elders.

At what point is the dog registered with the Registry? I would assume anytime after you have chosen a name.

I would assume no duplication of names is allowed on the list. Can I view the list?

here is Bella's real name
M'Bella De Naturaleza Du Dantero her mom was Nature said the french way and the kennel she came from was Dantero, M was the litter designated by the breeder.
All translated she is " The Beauty of Nature from Dantero"

She answer's to:
Bella, Hella Bella, Big Air Bella, Stink Butt, Wiggle Butt, Bubba, Butt Head, Love Bug, Butt Slinger plus a few more......

On the registering the dog, as soon as you know the name and Kim gives you the thumbs up he'll explain he wants photos along with the registration papers. He will give/send them to you to complete along with the pictures.

The list is viewable. Let me go back through and see where we moved it to. I'll be back in a few! (Allison are you back yet to answer quicker than I can look??????)

Judy K
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#43 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ok I have a couple of question for you Elders.

At what point is the dog registered with the Registry? I would assume anytime after you have chosen a name.

I would assume no duplication of names is allowed on the list. Can I view the list?

here is Bella's real name
M'Bella De Naturaleza Du Dantero her mom was Nature said the french way and the kennel she came from was Dantero, M was the litter designated by the breeder.
All translated she is " The Beauty of Nature from Dantero"

She answer's to:
Bella, Hella Bella, Big Air Bella, Stink Butt, Wiggle Butt, Bubba, Butt Head, Love Bug, Butt Slinger plus a few more......

Hey Todd!

The name list is in Squirrel Room and scroll down to dog names -- I think it was July of last year that I started it.

Judy K
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#44 Todd

Todd

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

Thanks! It was very cool to read the names and how they came about. It feeds my fire to want this dog!

Kim sent me an email last night saying both Sandy and Echo are getting big!!!!!!!
Big Air Bella powered by CANIDAE!!!!! High Flyin' Fun SoCal Style!!!!

#45 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Thanks! It was very cool to read the names and how they came about. It feeds my fire to want this dog!

Kim sent me an email last night saying both Sandy and Echo are getting big!!!!!!!

Remember when you look at the list though that not all owners are on there. There are so many that don't participate on this site. Kim and Arlene will know from the actual register what names have been used!

And, I sure am glad that it's Sandy and Echo that are getting big and none of us!!!!!!!

Judy K
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#46 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

I am so ready and a little worried! Today is our first warm day since late November and I started my early Spring ritual of walking. As I approached the door - old habits die hard - I reached up for Meekos' leash and realized that there was no pup to go with. Needless to say, the walk did not happen...emotional rollercoaster took it's place. That is where the worry stems from...as I am hoping that all goes well and we are near the top of the waiting list this time instead of at the bottom. Alas - I digress!

Sandy and Echo are getting big! Woo Hoo! And yesterday...the hubby in hiding mentioned how great it would be to travel across country to see the states he has never seen! Oh - my little heart skipped a beat and I casually commented that driving out to Oregon would not be that hard and really not that expensive! And that we have friends in Idaho where we could stop and visit on the way there or back...keeping my fingers crossed! Sending him pictures of the area right now to wet his appetite for the countryside! :Bwahahaha:

Edited by Debi, 06 March 2009 - 06:15 AM.

"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" - Unknown

#47 Jamacee

Jamacee

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

DEBI - if for no other reason TELL him JASON SAID - HE HAS TOO - if he hasn't seen more of the country than the drive from michigan to florida he is missing out - Remind him that he can't comprehend the beauty of this nation and the pictures he has seen don't do justice to the real beauty of the west - IF YOU ARE A AMERICAN YOU HAVE TO SEE THE WEST - hope that helps

#48 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Love spending time with my family. We do allot of camping, hiking and working on home improvement projects.<br /><br />Hawk is the most wonderful dog I could ever have. And I have had allot of dogs in my life.<br /><br />

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

I am so ready and a little worried! Today is our first warm day since late November and I started my early Spring ritual of walking. As I approached the door - old habits die hard - I reached up for Meekos' leash and realized that there was no pup to go with. Needless to say, the walk did not happen...emotional rollercoaster took it's place. That is where the worry stems from...as I am hoping that all goes well and we are near the top of the waiting list this time instead of at the bottom. Alas - I digress!

Sandy and Echo are getting big! Woo Hoo! And yesterday...the hubby in hiding mentioned how great it would be to travel across country to see the states he has never seen! Oh - my little heart skipped a beat and I casually commented that driving out to Oregon would not be that hard and really not that expensive! And that we have friends in Idaho where we could stop and visit on the way there or back...keeping my fingers crossed! Sending him pictures of the area right now to wet his appetite for the countryside! :Bwahahaha:

I really think you need to drive out here. You could camp on the way, that won't cost as much as a hotel. Bring a cooler with food and a bbq. See, that solves your food and lodging. Ha Ha Ha!! And the scenery is priceless. Maybe if you come out you won't want to go back. I do love our state and all of its beauty. I have driven only as far as Wyoming, but I hear that other states beyond are just as awesome. If you come by car you could stop at Yellowstone for a day or two. I have been there a few times and want to go back maybe a year from this summer.

Ok, I put my two cents worth in. This goes for all of you other prospective puppy owners who might drive to Oregon to pick up a pup.

Good luck!!!!

Lisa and Hawk (uncle Hawk)
[font=Arial][size=3][color=#FF0000]

#49 taylorRichie

taylorRichie

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

Totally agree you need to see the west :unsure: Everyone does. I made the drive in Late december first of January and I saw Gorgeous parts of Oregon I had never been too. I've been all over Eugene and Portland, but never southern or central oregon (Bend). It was well worth the drive, albeit scary in freezing winter conditions. I'm very much looking forward to doing the drive again. I'm just trying to figure out if I should drive my motorcycle and craft some kind of puppy carrier :D ha!

#50 Tim

Tim

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

Are you towards Crater Lake because we will be heading that way after Kim's or while there as a day trip. Todd

Yes sort of kind of towards Crater Lake from Kim's place. Depends on which mountain you drive around. I'll keep an eye out for those dates.

#51 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

I will reply to everyone who has donated their time to relay the message to hubby in hiding (Brian) about the trip...but I have come to an impasse and his logic is good! Bwahahaha

As our daughter won't be out of school until the end of May - the trip out can't be made in time to get our little one...SO...we came to this agreement...

Sol will be flown to us by Kim when he can get on the plane (I'm hoping its around 6-weeks old and not 8...that's just too long) and THEN...in December we will be sending Kim our deposit for a female pup (yes, I am all ready planning our second one - it was part of the deal)...which we will then plan our 2010 vacation around. This is a win-win for me! Bwahahaha as I get a second pup AND get to get him into the car for the trip...and Lisa - he says we will be camping!

So...we'll be making the trip out west in 2010 with Solstice Son in tow to pick up a baby sister for him and Sol will be flying to Michigan to be with us in May!
"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" - Unknown

#52 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

Perhaps we can plan the 2010 Gathering around that time?
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#53 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

So...we'll be making the trip out west in 2010 with Solstice Son in tow to pick up a baby sister for him and Sol will be flying to Michigan to be with us in May!

Now Kim just has to get a bitch to cooperate!
I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#54 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

Perhaps we can plan the 2010 Gathering around that time?

Now that sounds like a plan! We sat down last night and mapped it all out (Brian is the analyzer, I'm the take action person) and as long as Kim can get a bitch to cooperate **Per Karen's reminding us of that** we are thinking early June.

It would be great to see everyone and have a little "reunion" for our pups!

#55 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

Now Kim just has to get a bitch to cooperate!

That is the kicker, isn't it, Karen? **Big Smile**

Figure early summer/late spring. The kiddo will be out of school and if we plan this now we can be flexible on the arrival...Brian has to plan it all out - I just kind of jump right in with both feet. I hate the planning part of it!!

#56 Emmie

Emmie

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

Sol will be flown to us by Kim when he can get on the plane (I'm hoping its around 6-weeks old and not 8...that's just too long) and THEN...in December we will be sending Kim our deposit for a female pup (yes, I am all ready planning our second one - it was part of the deal)...

If you can handle the wait and other puppies are still going to be with Kim, let the puppy stay with mom and siblings (they learn so much from them) until he is at least 8 weeks old. 6 weeks is very young to be leaving the litter AND flying all by himself (most airlines have an 8 week old minimum requirement to be in cargo, I think). Plus I, personally, wouldn't ship a puppy alone, or even take one home myself as a pet that traveled that way, until it's at least 10 weeks. Just my two cents....

Also, my Dobie's name is Solstice and we call her Solie! Her registered name is Irongate's Winter Solstice as she as born on 12/21 at midnight and the entire rest of the litter was born 12/20.

Anyway, goodluck with the waiting! That's a hardest part...!

Attached Thumbnails

• Ronin_and_Solie_2_21_09__1_.jpg

#57 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

If you can handle the wait and other puppies are still going to be with Kim, let the puppy stay with mom and siblings (they learn so much from them) until he is at least 8 weeks old. 6 weeks is very young to be leaving the litter AND flying all by himself (most airlines have an 8 week old minimum requirement to be in cargo, I think). Plus I, personally, wouldn't ship a puppy alone, or even take one home myself as a pet that traveled that way, until it's at least 10 weeks. Just my two cents....

Also, my Dobie's name is Solstice and we call her Solie! Her registered name is Irongate's Winter Solstice as she as born on 12/21 at midnight and the entire rest of the litter was born 12/20.

Thanks for the advice, Emmie! We will be patient - I want what is best for our little guy! I am hoping the pups are born the week of the Solstice - which would be perfect for his name. At this time we are leaving it up to Kim to decide when the little one is ready to board is first flight. A good thing is he will fly on Delta and they are really good about taking care of their pets on board. My friend, Missi (rescue girl in NC) flies her pups thru Delta and has not had a problem in 5 years...

The wait is the hardest part - but we have waited this long - another 2-3 weeks won't kill us (I don't think)! I'm like a mother in waiting - I've been nesting for the last few days in the bedroom preparing his room!

The pic is great!!

Edited by Debi, 08 March 2009 - 09:47 AM.

#58 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'm sure Kim won't ship a pup too young. Anyway, I agree with not taking one too young. Kim had Danza picked out for me, and he wanted us to come get her when we did, but she was only 7 weeks old when we got her and I'm sure another week in the igloo would have done her some good. (He had a lot of pups!) She was funny - she picked out a tiny spot on the corner of the carpet where she felt safe, and would not leave it. :unsure: We'd pick her up to take her outside to pee, but she peed on it if she wasn't in her crate so we ended up rolling the carpet up and putting it away, and she just stayed in the same spot sans carpet anyway. She slowly increased her range. She was so young.

Edited by Karen, 08 March 2009 - 02:03 PM.

I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#59 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the advice, Emmie! We will be patient - I want what is best for our little guy! I am hoping the pups are born the week of the Solstice - which would be perfect for his name. At this time we are leaving it up to Kim to decide when the little one is ready to board is first flight. A good thing is he will fly on Delta and they are really good about taking care of their pets on board. My friend, Missi (rescue girl in NC) flies her pups thru Delta and has not had a problem in 5 years...

The wait is the hardest part - but we have waited this long - another 2-3 weeks won't kill us (I don't think)! I'm like a mother in waiting - I've been nesting for the last few days in the bedroom preparing his room!

The pic is great!!

Just my two cents but two weeks makes a world of difference in these kids. Ours was 8 weeks and it was much better. Our oldest, Willie, was three months and that was pefect. I know you're anxious but two weeks does make a difference and the boss man, Kim, knows what's best. He truly does!!

Judy K
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#60 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

Just my two cents but two weeks makes a world of difference in these kids. Ours was 8 weeks and it was much better. Our oldest, Willie, was three months and that was pefect. I know you're anxious but two weeks does make a difference and the boss man, Kim, knows what's best. He truly does!!

Judy K

Okay, okay - I am now willing to wait another two or three weeks! Bwahahaha

The experts have all spoken and believe me, I listen when you all speak! :unsure:

Brian said this morning he's going to have to limit my trips to Pet Smart from here until further notice! Briana and I went grocery shopping yesterday and ended up with more for Solsti than for the fridge! Bwahahaha

He now has a new "rug" that will be his "time out" area (worked for the other dogs very well and so we are going to stick with it), three new pull toys that are his size, a new reversible bed cover, a new leash, and the cat has a new bed (he continues to try and jump up to the table where the pups bed is stashed). Hee hee - little does Brian know that we also ordered a personalized bowl set while we were there! I am SO bad and the daughter is catching the puppy bug now!

Edited by Debi, 09 March 2009 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users