Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

e e cumings is back from the dead and he's not looking that good.

Structure and punctuation are everybody's friend.

dont understand, what are you saying ?????

gea

gea

The purpose of communication is to convey an understandable message to another being. When attempting to communicate with others, especially on a multilingual forum, it is critical that a modicum use of the basic rules of grammar be applied to the content.

It is painful and awkward, and not a little rude of the poster, for a reader to have to stumble through a poorly constructed post, especially if that post is not in their native language. While I know that you are not a native English speaker, your grasp of the language far outstrips that of many Americans. It is well within your ability to elucidate.

If you would like to read further on the matter, I refer you to the classic on the use of proper grammar in the English language, Elements of Style, by William Strunk, Jr.

The purpose of communication is to convey an understandable message to another being. When attempting to communicate with others, especially on a multilingual forum, it is critical that a modicum use of the basic rules of grammar be applied to the content.

It is painful and awkward, and not a little rude of the poster, for a reader to have to stumble through a poorly constructed post, especially if that post is not in their native language. While I know that you are not a native English speaker, your grasp of the language far outstrips that of many Americans. It is well within your ability to elucidate.

If you would like to read further on the matter, I refer you to the classic on the use of proper grammar in the English language, Elements of Style, by William Strunk, Jr.

Voor alle nederladers en belgen, zal jullie ook ff inlichten, mr. bozola vindt mijn engels ver beneden peil, erg jammer zegt hij dat het zo onduidelijk is en zoon zootje, dus doe ik het maar ff in het nederlands, want ik verwacht niet dat ook iemand hier iets van snapt

Erg jammer dan hij zo reageert ,tenslotte kunnen we niet allemaal zo intelligent zijn als hij, toch, hoe dan ook in vind het ver beneden peil om iemand die zijn best doet in een andere taal zo te behandelen, temeer daar er niets maar dan ook niets mis is met mijn engels, zou mr. bozola graag uitdagen voor een klein duel maar dan in het nederlands, maar helaas hoe slecht hij mijn engels ook vindt, zijn nederlands is natuurlijk volslagen achterlijk, dus ik zal hierna ook nog een kleine engelse uiteenzetting doen

Aangezien ik niet zo lomp ben om mensen te pakken op zie iets kinderlijks , hey we doen ons best in het engels , misschien moest hij dat ook maar eens doen in het nederlands, of duits, of italiaans ik noem maar wat, frans is ook goed

bozola, since im not that rude got a little translation for you from what i wrote in dutch, since i dont expect you to read or write dutch, really ashame that you had to put it that way, im happy to argue with you in dutch if you prefer that, im sure i get all lines correct then, you too??

You clearly are consumed with what you perceive as perfection in the English language. You seem to you use your knowledge of sentence structure and seldom used English words to demean others. Are you compensating for other short-comings in yourself? I am on this forum to share my experiences with my wonderful American Indian Dog. I would hope that would be the motivation for others on this forum as well. Being ridiculed for my efforts to communicate in your language is rude and not in keeping with the duties of a forum administrator. I continue to try to improve my English and I'm sorry if it is not up to your standards

gea

Voor alle nederladers en belgen, zal jullie ook ff inlichten, mr. bozola vindt mijn engels ver beneden peil, erg jammer zegt hij dat het zo onduidelijk is en zoon zootje, dus doe ik het maar ff in het nederlands, want ik verwacht niet dat ook iemand hier iets van snapt

Erg jammer dan hij zo reageert ,tenslotte kunnen we niet allemaal zo intelligent zijn als hij, toch, hoe dan ook in vind het ver beneden peil om iemand die zijn best doet in een andere taal zo te behandelen, temeer daar er niets maar dan ook niets mis is met mijn engels, zou mr. bozola graag uitdagen voor een klein duel maar dan in het nederlands, maar helaas hoe slecht hij mijn engels ook vindt, zijn nederlands is natuurlijk volslagen achterlijk, dus ik zal hierna ook nog een kleine engelse uiteenzetting doen

Aangezien ik niet zo lomp ben om mensen te pakken op zie iets kinderlijks , hey we doen ons best in het engels , misschien moest hij dat ook maar eens doen in het nederlands, of duits, of italiaans ik noem maar wat, frans is ook goed

bozola, since im not that rude got a little translation for you from what i wrote in dutch, since i dont expect you to read or write dutch, really ashame that you had to put it that way, im happy to argue with you in dutch if you prefer that, im sure i get all lines correct then, you too??

You clearly are consumed with what you perceive as perfection in the English language. You seem to you use your knowledge of sentence structure and seldom used English words to demean others. Are you compensating for other short-comings in yourself? I am on this forum to share my experiences with my wonderful American Indian Dog. I would hope that would be the motivation for others on this forum as well. Being ridiculed for my efforts to communicate in your language is rude and not in keeping with the duties of a forum administrator. I continue to try to improve my English and I'm sorry if it is not up to your standards

Gea

Gea - misschien moeten wij alleen nog in het Nederlands in contact komen op het forum, of misschien helemaal niet meer. Wij doen alle moeite om hen te verstaan, dus wordt het tijd dat zij dat ook eens doen

Guy

hey guy, denk alleen nog maar in het nederlands, of belgisch fol , vind het echt ver beneden peil, ik heb het gehad met dat zootje, ik ben nu echt weg, hoop dat ze een andere gek vinden die het ras zo profileerd( wowa moeilijk woord ben je nou trots op me bozola?) zoals ik dat heb gedaan, ik ga door met ka, het is een geweldige hond, maar hier zul je me niet meer horen, ondankbare honden zijn het en dan bedoel ik niet onze indiandogs,heb mijn uiterste best gedaan maar ik ben er nu echt klaar mee, heb er geen woorden voor.

gea

gea

Damn right it's not up to my standards. I expect people to make an effort to communicate so that the people who read these posts don't have to struggle trying to read what was said. This also minimizes misinterpretation that can happen in a poorly written post.

If you are incapable of speaking in a particular language, then there are translators (but tell people you are using one!), or preferred, write in your native tongue. There is no issues with any of this. All languages are welcome here.

You have shown time and time again that you understand the English language rather well. The previous post is good example of this. While the first paragraph is syntactically a mess, the second, and far more complex, is near perfect English. You have no difficulty reading and writing in English. Therefore, your writings are to be criticized as I would that of an native English speaker.

I do not expect perfect grammar from any person on this board. What I expect is that the members here realize that the clarity of their posts affect the readability and quality of the forum. By forcing people to stumble over unconstrained verbiage, you are in fact insulting them by implying that they are not worth your effort.

Damn right it's not up to my standards. I expect people to make an effort to communicate so that the people who read these posts don't have to struggle trying to read what was said. This also minimizes misinterpretation that can happen in a poorly written post.

If you are incapable of speaking in a particular language, then there are translators (but tell people you are using one!), or preferred, write in your native tongue. There is no issues with any of this. All languages are welcome here.

You have shown time and time again that you understand the English language rather well. The previous post is good example of this. While the first paragraph is syntactically a mess, the second, and far more complex, is near perfect English. You have no difficulty reading and writing in English. Therefore, your writings are to be criticized as I would that of an native English speaker.

I do not expect perfect grammar from any person on this board. What I expect is that the members here realize that the clarity of their posts affect the readability and quality of the forum. By forcing people to stumble over unconstrained verbiage, you are fact insulting them by implying that they are not worth your effort.

Geweldig dat je er zo over denkt Bozola, ben erg trots op je , nou dan prefereer ik mijn eigen taal ja, ben benieuwd wat je hier op gaat antwoorden.Helemaal in correct Nederlands aub en als het niet weet, begruik je toch gewoon een vertaal programma, dank voor de hint om het maar beter in mijn eigen taal te doen, doe dat ook veel liever en ja weet zeker dat het perfect geschreven is.

Ja ik zou alles zo kunnen schrijven zoals in de tweede paragraaf, maar betwijfel of ook maar iemand dat snapt, ja jij natuurlijk ,maar dat komt omdat je zo vreselijk goed bent met taal, mij gaat het alleen om de honden niet om mijn perfecte Nederlands of Engels, maar ach wie ben ik.

Wens je nog een fijne avond en als je toch een vertaler nodig hebt voor dit alles, neem dan wel een goede he ,want al die ik tot nu toe gezien heb maken een zootje van het Nederlands, hoewel dat voor jou natuurlijk totaal geen probleem hoeft te zijn, jij schudt het toch zo uit je mouw.

Oh enne ik doe echt mijn best nu om je niet te beledigen maar dat had je natuurlijk wel door he, ik zou echt niet durven, stel je voor dat ik niet mijn best zou doen omdat je het niet waard zou zijn, tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nog maar afgezien van het feit dat jij denkt dat je iedereen wel mag beledigen , over ego's gesproken, heb werkelijk nog nooit zo een hork gezien als jij bent en vergeet het maar hork staat niet in een vertaler, andere woorden wel maar ja die mag ik niet gebruiken want dat is niet netjes. Nou menig nederlander zou wel wat woorden kunnen invullen voor zo een arogante klootzak als jij bent.

Wel erg fijn dat je me beoordeeld als zijnde een native engelse, dat spreekt dan wel weer voor zich, zo slecht is mijn engels dus ook niet fol

Tja nu moet je me natuurlijk van het forum smijten he, nou dan doe je dat maar, het beste als het niet meer kunt winnen ,want geloof mij in mijn eigen taal maak ik gehakt van je arogante kwast dat je bent.

gea

Geweldig dat je er zo over denkt Bozola,

gea

See? I knew you could make a readable post if only you had just tried. This post translates rather easily; it is far easier to read than the offending post in question in English. It is funny how you can put so much effort into writing your tirades of outrage ("arogante klootzak" - I like that) but not your posts.

I don't care what you say as long as you say it clearly. You can call me an arrogant asshole, all day long, in any language you care to express it in. I won't mind. Not even in the slightest. Just note that it won't stop me from being an asshole, and it certainly won't improve the quality of your writing.

See? I knew you could make a readable post if only you had just tried. This post translates rather easily; it is far easier to read than the offending post in question in English. It is funny how you can put so much effort into writing your tirades of outrage ("arogante klootzak" - I like that) but not your posts.

I don't care what you say as long as you say it clearly. You can call me an arrogant asshole, all day long, in any language you care to express it in. I won't mind. Not even in the slightest. Just note that it won't stop me from being an asshole, and it certainly won't improve the quality of your writing.

is that all you could transtlate ,only that line, expected more from you., dat was wel een hele makkelijke om te vertalen, hoe zit het met de rest dan.

Zal je echt nietstoppen om een asshole te zijn nee, je bent een natuurtalent, alhoewel ik dat toch wel enigzins kan waarderen.

gea

I will split this topic, tomorrow. I do not want to see the news of Guy's stand get lost. All debate will still be available for all to read.

I have been reading these posts regarding the correctness in english language.

I think we have to accept the fact that American Indian Dogs have gone abroad. This means that there are bound to be more and more non-english speaking people on the forum. Most importantly however is the fact that each and every one of them is trying their best to communicate so that it will be understandable for all. It is obvious that some people struggle to get a sentence down correctly whilst for others, this is nor problem at all. But if we allow (or block) people on certain forums, based on their capacity to write in English.. Where do you draw the lign, and who is going to draw that line ? Because I can also imagine that there are americans around (no offence) that aren't able to write perfect english or in perfect grammar either. So let's not be childish about it.

I would like to see what other (english-speaking) readers have to say about this.

Gea, trek het je niet aan, je engels is perfect verstaanbaar hoor, hij moet natuurlijk wel de moeite doen het te wíllen verstaan! Als de correctheid van de engelse taal dé maatstaf wordt, dan keren we toch met z'n allen enkel naar het nederlandstalig gedeelte van dit forum, en negeren we het Engelstalige deel.

Aangezien aidogs blijkbaar het Nederlands kan lezen, zou hier een excuus niet misstaan. Aidogs vergeet blijkbaar dat hij niet alleen Gea beledigd maar alle Nederlands en Vlaams sprekende mensen die proberen hun best te doen om Engels te schrijven, zodat ook onze Amerikaanse vrienden dit zouden verstaan; Al is het niet perfect. Zo aidogs begraaf je strijdbijl en bied ons je excuus aan en stop met mensen te beledigen, wij weten allemaal dat bij sommige ons Engels niet perfect is, zeker het mijne niet, maar wie is er perfect ???? jij ? Als jij zo voort doet ga je de mensen hier zo ver brengen dat ze niet meer op het forum willen komen en dat de mensen GEEN A.I.D. meer willen en dat is pas schade toe brengen aan het forum, of wil je een forum alleen voor intellectuelen. Wij doen alle moeite jullie honden hier te promoten, Gea, Yvon en ik hebben een heledag in regen en wind gestaan, ja zelfs demonstratie's gegeven in dit weer, het risico genomen de honden te blesseren, en dit allemaal voor jullie en dan dit. Wel ik hoop dat Kim even ingrijpt in deze discussie, dit breng het niveau van het forum op een heel laag pitje. Mensen beledigen omdat ze niet perfect zijn, dat kan echt niet. Aidogs hopelijk vind je hier een tolk voor, ik doe geen moeite meer om mij nog in slecht Engels uit te drukken. Als jij denkt de mensen belachelijk te maken, je doet maar, maar zonder mij en er gaan er nog volgen denk ik. wij verwachten een excuus van jou, zo niet gaan wij er onze conclusies uit trekken en misschien wel ophouden ons nog verder in te zetten voor de American Indian Dog en dit zou pas spijtig zijn als dit zou gebeuren voor zo een persoon als jij

I think we have to accept the fact that American Indian Dogs have gone abroad. This means that there are bound to be more and more non-english speaking people on the forum. Most importantly however is the fact that each and every one of them is trying their best to communicate so that it will be understandable for all. It is obvious that some people struggle to get a sentence down correctly whilst for others, this is nor problem at all. But if we allow (or block) people on certain forums, based on their capacity to write in English.. Where do you draw the lign, and who is going to draw that line ? Because I can also imagine that there are americans around (no offence) that aren't able to write perfect english or in perfect grammar either. So let's not be childish about it.

I would like to see what other (english-speaking) readers have to say about this.

Gea, trek het je niet aan, je engels is perfect verstaanbaar hoor, hij moet natuurlijk wel de moeite doen het te wíllen verstaan! Als de correctheid van de engelse taal dé maatstaf wordt, dan keren we toch met z'n allen enkel naar het nederlandstalig gedeelte van dit forum, en negeren we het Engelstalige deel.

Good morning to all!

As an English speaking member, I find it frustrating to see messages written in a language I can neither read nor, obviously, understand. I would like to see those messages that are not in English put in another 'folder' for those members that are able to read it. This is just my own personal opinion and I'm sure for some they will think I'm wrong, but that's OK too.

Judy K in Michigan, USA

Good morning to all!

As an English speaking member, I find it frustrating to see messages written in a language I can neither read nor, obviously, understand. I would like to see those messages that are not in English put in another 'folder' for those members that are able to read it. This is just my own personal opinion and I'm sure for some they will think I'm wrong, but that's OK too.

Judy K in Michigan, USA

Good morning to all!

Judy K in Michigan, USA

Perhaps is beter that all the Dutch and Flemish people can leave the forum and start a new one in their ouwn country's so that they don't have problems anymore like this. We try to do our best, we know it isn't perfect. there aren't problems when we promote and try to sell dogs for you, so maybe it's also better to stop all this.

aidogs :sorry for my bad english I hope you understand this. I 'd like to translate this for you in Dutch our Flemish if you want.

We are very upset about this all

Good morning to all!

Judy K in Michigan, USA

that is why we try to do it in english judy, its very rude to write in your own language when there are others that cant read that, dutch and belgium know that, thats why most of us speak and write more languages,( even though not perfect in grammar) the only time we write dutch used to be in our own folder.

however it wasnt good enough for bozola, he sugested that we wrote in our own language, if we couldnt do it right in english, sorry for that, but you have to go to him for that

and sorry if this isnt written in perfect english also, but im sure you understand what i mean

gea

I think we have to accept the fact that American Indian Dogs have gone abroad. This means that there are bound to be more and more non-english speaking people on the forum. Most importantly however is the fact that each and every one of them is trying their best to communicate so that it will be understandable for all.

I suggest strongly that you reread what I wrote. What I find humorous is that you are saying exactly what I said. The issue is NOT correctness, or language, or content. The issue is laziness. The post in question fails to meet your own stated objective of "best to communicate so that it will be understandable for all". Laziness is insulting to everyone who reads this forum.

I suggest strongly that you reread what I wrote. What I find humorous is that you are saying exactly what I said. The issue is NOT correctness, or language, or content. The issue is laziness. The post in question fails to meet your own stated objective of "best to communicate so that it will be understandable for all". Laziness is insulting to everyone who reads this forum.

JOEHOE go on bozola, insult bart and ine too, who is next???????????????????

gea

While my husband is certainly a complete bastard, he is not an asshole. I have never known him to "ridicule" anyone who is trying to communicate, and he did not ridicule you, Gea.

You wrote an entire paragraph without punctuation.

hi bart and ine

dont shout it about my darling ka, all know already she is a bitch LOL

real sorry for it, but had her real short onleash since i know her, dont no tho why she attacks little sweetys like your hinto, guess its the alpha female in her that wants to be sure those little once act the way they should and that is laying on there back when she appears

my son absolutely adored your little one, and he is so so cute, reminds me of kaya when she was little ,they look alike, so be carefull, even your sweety is the same aid as my darling kaya, and believe me i worked hard with her, she was wors much much wors, costed me blood ,sweat and lots of tears to get her where she is now, with all her short comings and dominant charactar, she is just the best, really,but real real hard work, i still go to class with her and work on that side of her, actually go to class 5 times a week with her, wow to bad you already left when her darling sister appeared, talking about a bitch, sorry carl, but thats the way it is

real proud of what i achieved with kaya, and so wil you be in 2 years or so with your hinto, he is adorable

gea

Okay, a couple of commas, but no line breaks.

He responded:

e e cummings is back from the dead and he's not looking that good.

Structure and punctuation are everybody's friend.

E.E. Cummings is known to all schoolchildren in America, as a famous poet, who wrote a few poems without structure or punctuation. We have all tried to use him as an excuse when caught not using the rules of grammar.

You can read more about him here.

That is a joke, followed by a simple recommendation that you use "structure and punctuation".

You and Guy respond, I believe, sarcastically, and question his post. You ask for "elucidation", or an explanation.

gea

From Guy:????????????????

Guy adds the vomiting smiley. That's a nice touch.

So AIDogs accommodates you with an explanation:

While I know that you are not a native English speaker, your grasp of the language far outstrips that of many Americans.

Here he compliments you on your English, and makes fun of Americans who do not speak it as well, even though it is their first and only language.

Not ridicule, but a compliment

It is well within your ability to elucidate.

Here he compliments you again, saying that he knows your abilities are above what is necessary to communicate, and make yourself understood. "It is well within.."

You choose to take this as an affront. But again, AIDogs compliments you on your abilities to speak English, and explains even further, why the lack of punctuation has drawn his attention.

I do not expect perfect grammar from any person on this board. What I expect is that the members here realize that the clarity of their posts affect the readability and quality of the forum. By forcing people to stumble over unconstrained verbiage, you are in fact insulting them by implying that they are not worth your effort.

You respond with anger and name calling, while he only makes fun of himself, complimenting you on your English, again, and inviting you to curse at him.

I don't care what you say as long as you say it clearly. You can call me an arrogant asshole, all day long, in any language you care to express it in. I won't mind. Not even in the slightest. Just note that it won't stop me from being an asshole, and it certainly won't improve the quality of your writing

I have been writing with you for over three years, now. This "style" you have recently adopted must be as difficult for the Dutch speakers, trying to understand English, as it is for us. Of course, it is up to you. You may write as you wish. No one has threatened any action, not even when you talk mutiny, sedition, or resort to name calling.

I would like to point out, the the first "I" in IIDOBA stands for "International". We have no intention of asking the Dutch speakers to speak only English. I, for one, enjoy the exchange--the small mistakes and uncommon choice of words that we sometimes see, are quite charming, and add much to our conversations and our understanding of each other.

We translate when it is necessary, or when we are asked to. I do not always translate, when people are not at their best--like now.

This thread is now locked.