• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Love spending time with my family. We do allot of camping, hiking and working on home improvement projects.<br /><br />Hawk is the most wonderful dog I could ever have. And I have had allot of dogs in my life.<br /><br />

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hadn't talked about "our" future dog park for some time. Just wanted to update you on the progress. The posts are in and I think sometime in the next two weeks the fencing and gates will go up. So, so excited. This has been in progress for three years now. When my friend and fellow do lover started this project who would of thought it would take so long. But what is that saying "good things happen to those who wait". We have a joke between the two of us that we call the park MalyHawk after our two dogs names put together. I think we are going to have our local elementary school have a contest to name the park, winning class gets a pizza party. Since we are going to open during the cold and wet season here we will hold off on some of our fund raisers until Spring. We are hoping to have a dog wash, nail trims from local groomers, agility classes, reduced vaccinations from local vets etc...

Excited, just had to share

Hawk and Lisa

[font=Arial][size=3][color=#FF0000]

#2 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1177 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 33 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Progress pictures?

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#3 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Love spending time with my family. We do allot of camping, hiking and working on home improvement projects.<br /><br />Hawk is the most wonderful dog I could ever have. And I have had allot of dogs in my life.<br /><br />

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I HAD AND IDEA SOMEONE WAS GOING TO ASK THAT QUESTION.

HAVE A MEETING WITH PARKS BOARD THIS WED. ON WHAT OTHER ITEMS WE WANT AND NEED. IT'S LIKE BEING A KID IN THE CANDY STORE!!!!! 

HAWK AND I WALKED OVER THERE THIS MORNING. OF COURSE HE HAD TO DROP A BIG LOAD AND ENITIATE THE PARK.

I WILL BE SURE TO TAKE SOME PICTURES AND POST THEM FOR ALL TO SEE.

#4 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2374 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

Sorry, I read the last two lines and came up with an interpretation that made me laugh. Mabye it was the all caps that made me think it. ;)

#5 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

OMG! I had to go back and read what I wrote. That's too funny, and no I will not take pictures of his poop and show everyone. L.O.L.!!!!!!!

#6 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

OMG! I had to go back and read what I wrote. That's too funny, and no I will not take pictures of his poop and show everyone. L.O.L.!!!!!!!

It's OK.  Go ahead and post those pics!!  We can handle it ..... so to speak......

I did once when we found it difficult to tell  -- fir cones or feces?!!?   :D

Attached File  Feces or Fir Cones 2 Small.jpg   204.73K   5 downloads

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#7 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3464 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

:lol:  thanks for the giggle burst!

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#8 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

I will have an update for you tomorrow on our "new" dog park. We have our grand opening at 10:00 am. It is snowing here and so it may make for some cool pictures.

#9 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yep- snowing here too.. it Never snows here...   :blink:

And post whatever pics you wish m'lady.

I once posted a pic of Jasper's first tree-marking.   B)

"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#10 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2374 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Snow at the dog park. hmmmmm. https://www.youtube....h?v=TLIppgE45wM

#11 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Ok, ok, ok, I know I promised pictures. But I was so excited about the opening I forgot snap a few photos. The dogs were having such fun as myself. I do know that some pictures were being taken, so I hope to nab a few. My bad!

#12 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hawk and I made the front page of  Polk County Today section of our main paper. It is about our new dog park that opened a month ago. If I can figure out how to  send it I would if not I guess you could go to The Statesman Journal and then to the Polk County Today section and find it.

L.

#13 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2374 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Here it is. Great looking park. Good shot of Hawk. http://www.statesman...&nclick_check=1

#14 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for finding it so others can see some of our park. There are a few more pictures in the paper than what they have here but you all get the idea.

#15 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hawk and I made the front page of  Polk County Today section of our main paper. It is about our new dog park that opened a month ago. If I can figure out how to  send it I would if not I guess you could go to The Statesman Journal and then to the Polk County Today section and find it.

L.

Great work getting the park together..... an inspiration....

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#16 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3464 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

Great job Lisa.  The park turned out beautiful.  We need more like that everywhere.....do I see a new business created here?  "Designer of National Dog Parks."

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users