Khya has completed our little family. She is indeed our moon & stars and it is quite funny how we all have settled in-quirks and all. Khya is so very smart. She will go downstairs & bring the leash to you. She will start off in the morning with 'talking' (what is taking you so long human) and it will escalate quickly into howls.
Proud to say she is The.Fastest.Dog.in.Town. No Husky, Viszla, Blue Heeler, Weimaraner, Whippet, Lab, Russian whatever, German Sheppard, Belgian Sheppard, Coonhound - nothing. Love watching people's faces. Then they approach and out it comes...What kind of dog is that?
She can clear the fence with ease.
So, quirks...she has a couple:
1. Wrinkles on sheets=she nibbles on them, like it's corn on the cob. Does the same thing on anything my son wears that has a ribbing. Or a blanket with a ribbing. Or a facecloth she pulls out of the bathtub and will nibble and pull the threads. Has anyone had this experience?
2. If my son comes up to hug me (does not happen all that often - he is a teenager!) - she will come and either bark at him or stand up and try to stretch up on his back and bark.
3. She has a thing for stealing toilet paper. Why, I have no idea but will try to eat it.
4. She loves lettuce stalks.
5. Not a huge fan of baths but will tolerate - with one back leg up on the bathtub.
6. She knows when either one of us are sick and will lie with us.
I was out walking here late one night, and before I knew it she alerted me. Around the corner was a "undesirable" loitering in the shadows. She growled like Cujo, hackles went up and scared the pants near off of him. Which wasn't hard, pants were half off anyways!