1 reply to this topic

#1 skg

skg

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

There is a Facebook Page Titled Photo Doggies for Anthony. It asks for pictures of dogs for a little boy who is in the Phoenix Children's Hospital. I thought it was such a sweet idea. I do not know this little boy personally, but I took the time to post a picture of Chester. I thought some of you might wish to do the same. Here is what I wrote, much longer than what most people write, so don't think you have to write a book:)

This is Chester. He is an American Indian Dog. There are only about 1000 like him in the world. He is from Oregon, where his breeder has spent over 30 years working to recreate the original domesticated dog of the Americas. A Native American himself, he remembered the dogs from the reservation where his Grandfather lived. He spent years researching all the dogs from the four corners of the Americas who were associated with the different Tribes of the regions. He then began breeding backwards to get to the original dog that they all would have come from. That is why Chester kind of looks like a wolf or a coyote, but there is no wolf or coyote in him. American Indians used there dogs for all sorts of things, even babysitting. He can be trained to do almost anything, except to be an attack dog. He is a watch dog and can look and sound mean, but he has not been bred to be an attack dog, he is way too sweet for that. AI dogs can be all different colors and many have two different colored eyes. They are all around the same size (Chester is on the VERY big end, he needs to be on a diet), and they all have the pointy ears. But the neatest thing about them are their eyes. Chesters are golden, but no matter what the color, they have a very intelligent look about them, can you see it in the picture?
He now lives in Indiana with his five human brothers and sisters..
God Bless!

#2 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Very nice post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users