Dogs Play Dumb? Really? We Disagree...

ancient dogs DNA testing domestication

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Read an article today that I found through the aggregate site, Google news...

http://news.discover...sake-140822.htm

thoughts please...

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#2 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7666 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Those are really scewed interpretations of those results.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#3 Tex

Tex

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life in many forms...grandparent, travel, reading, walking, etc.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Not sure how the study could have any kind of reality to its conjectures drawn.  How are humans really involved?  Other than as generality?  Not a very scientific study, and the stats can be made to say whatever...sounds like someone just wants to throw something out there for responses. ..not for real science.  Hope real money that could be going to research to make a difference wasn't being used in this frivolous way.  My thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users