103 replies to this topic

#41 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

so my four legged human(lol) was nurtured 2 weeks ago first week was ruff had to put the cone on him and the little one figured out how to twist and turn so he could

get to the stitches and when he would get caught he would shove his foot in his month and chew on that and look at you like what i not doing anything wrong   and i swear he got more hyper than he was before  and some days i think he has hit the terrible 2 even though he is only 8 months old boy i think

i am in trouble when he hits 2 if he is like this now and he loves to steal my sons stuff and hide it and play tug of war with his odd socks and he is starting to learn it is ok to play bite and when told nice it means he is bitting to hard and has to stop which he does and then comes the kisses which he so loves to give and had him weighed and he is 41 lbs  

#42 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

so mooka was neutered and had to have a cone put on him as he found out how he could twist and turn to get to the stitches and every

time he would get caught he would put his foot in his mouth or up on top of his head in the photo boy he is suck a sneaker character

and the second one is he is sound asleep and having some growling match with someone,and then he wakes up barking and growling like crazy and we just tell him to go back to sleep and he does

question if anyone can answer:i have a small little dog who mooka has started staking like a wild animal will do and then he pounces on him to play but he scares the crap of the little guy and he love to pull the  little ones tail and drag him around the house and when we

tell him to be nice (which is our word for him that he is getting to ruff and he has to settle down)he will stop and place nice but that will only last 5-10min and the water bottle does not work on him ,we are at the point that we tell him if he doesn't settle down he will be leashed and then after being told this a few times he will settle down

any suggestions would be great 

thanks and have a great day

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0194.jpg
  • IMAG0187.jpg

#43 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

so mooka has decided what is left of my husbands running shoe is his best friend,it goes everywhere with him and god forbid

he forgets it he will run back down to the main floor and find it and bring it up to the bedroom every time we go up there and then bring back down stairs ,and at 14 months boy has he hit the terrible 2s,and finally we have almost master the sit and stay at the back door when he wants to go outside 

Attached Thumbnails

• P1100044.JPG
  • P1100043.JPG

#44 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2215 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

Heh heh heh, love those choco- marshmellow eyebrow dogs. His eyes are very striking.

#45 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3285 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

....and his nose dipped in marshmallow sauce with a black Bing cherry on the end....this sorta sounds like you Sherab. :lol:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#46 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

so mooka has decided that when he wants to go out and i don't move fast enough he wil  as we call it 

chewbacca at the back door then run up to me and put his noise on mine and do again and if that doesn't work

he will bark at me and run to the door and sit and wait for about 2 seconds then come back to me and give me heck

even louder (boy some day i loved it when he didn't know he had a voice)then run to back door again then back to 

me and this time i get the paw he starts to paw my arm,i some times give in but not often as this is all done just after

he has come inside ,oh well time to go he seem to know i am typing about him and the game has started

Attached Thumbnails

• P1100128.JPG
  • P1090297.JPG

#47 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2215 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:33 AM

I love that second picture. He's so tall and lean and handsome.

#48 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

thanks i still have the create he came to me in and when i look at it i can't remember him fitting in it he has grown into and evil bugger as i sometime call him when he tries his best to push me and when he get to much he goes on the leash and boy thats when he takes his tantrums flinging himself around biting at the leash and just being a brat but at least now he only has to be on 5-10 min before he calms down and know i am ignoring him and not going to let him win

#49 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

so mooka is really living up to his name(dig up)omg the holes in my back yard now that snow and ice are gone one was so deep he almost got

lost in it ,dont know what i am going to do with him my stepping stones are starting to cave in any body have any suggestions on how i can get

him to stop before he digs to the center of the earth other than tapping is feet lol 

#50 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2215 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Girl I have 2 gophers in my yard now. I think they egg each other on. I'm just going to have to put fencing around the stuff I want them out of and get a pile of fill dirt.

#51 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

hope it works for you but mooka has more holes that solid ground in the dog backyard i think i need a full cement truck to come in lol

#52 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3285 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

I put Two Step on the leash and attached it to my belt.  We both worked the garden together.  When he would sniff for a gopher  and show signs of digging up the plants to get to this underground critter, I would say in a growley voice, "QUIT."  He did.  He eventually he took his digging to the fence line.  Sneak that he is, would do this when I wasn't looking.  Like first thing in the morning he would go work on a hole for a bit, come back, and later in the day, go work a bit more til he had a clean get-away.  He still try's to work the fence line, but is discovering the rocks, logs, wire mesh, and anything else I can find has blocked his path.  So now he has figured out how to open gates.....I mentioned in another post that I was going to change the latches out.  Well, what I did instead was put the latch on in reverse....  Well, he figured out that one too, so now it's time to really get different latches.  AND he will find a new escape rout in due time..... ;)

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#53 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yesterday we put a latch on the inside of the garden gate. To discourage digging in to be with me, I take the ball chuck-it with me and she leaves me a ball outside the gate so I can fish it to the inside and toss it. So far, so good. We have a chicken tractor nearby, so when she gets tired of me, she takes the ball and lays down next to the chickens to commiserate with them. We caught her trying to dig in to "play" with them, though, so that could be a problem at some point. 

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#54 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

i have tried everything to get him to stop and nothing works and the funny part is he will stop every few seconds to see if he is being watched and if he sees us we get the look of what i am being good and  he will look and 1 of the other dogs as if to say he did it god he is such a trouble maker lol 

but today he must say good bye to shadow(my gsd) as we are having him go to doggie haven so much more hugs and kisses for mooka for the next little while 

#55 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3285 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

ahhhhh Oocahtah, so sorry to hear this.  May Shadows passing be peaceful.  And may your day be full of thanks for having the privilage to have such a wonderful companion all of these years.

R.I.P. Shadow.

#56 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2342 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

So sorry to hear about Shadow- Always hard to lose a long time friend. As for digging.. trim their nails short, and file them Really short. Makes it somewhat uncomfortable to dig.. ;) I always keep my puppies nails short so they don't like to dig at an early age. They may do the Zoomies- Frantic-Energy -- couple paws' worth of dig, then they are off and running again. Just a thought.
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#57 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

oocahtah,

My condolences and empathy to your family and mooka.      Denise.

#58 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 674 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Oocahtah I am sorry for your loss. As you know, I too lost my buddy Dakota just over two weeks ago. I bet Shadow and Dakota will be playing together and telling stories about us.

#59 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

thanks everyone it is like putting down a human kid and at least mooka has the cats and my daughters dog to get him through this and Starghoti

my husband put a leather pouch with some things in it and thanks for the nail tip will try that and get the vet to cut them shorter than normal

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0046.jpg

#60 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Farewell Shadow...I'm sorry for your loss Oocahtah.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users