I use this when we are out of home made: http://bluebuffalo.c...free-wilderness

#22 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

so had mooka to the vet for his final shots and holy he is now 26lbs and only 19 weeks old,and he has more than doubled in height,has learned what to get on in the back yard and hop the fence,and he loves to steal socks and shoes and does not want to give them back,i guess he thinks if it is on the floor it is up for grabs and belongs to him,boy he is so like a human when he sleeps,between him and the other small dog and the Sheppard my husband and i have to fight to get some spot to sleep and me and mooka fight all night over my pillow and blankets as he has to get under them with just his head sticking out,boy can wait till the house renos are all

done and he can have his own bed 5 weeks hurry up,basement live is a pain with 4 cats and the 3 dogs and 4 adults,and until we put up a board in front of baby gate

we would hear from the workers"mooka i don't think you are aloud up here all by yourself he learned how to open the door even though we have a baby gate up and he jumps over and goes for a visit with everyone,so we now have a board resting again the gate and now he sit and stares trying to find a way to upstairs,boy what a little Houdini he is well off to take him out side will post some pic in a bit 

have a good one all 

#23 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2215 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Woa! 26 lbs! It took cousin Waki almost a year to hit that mark, although he seems to still be growing. I haven't weight him lately but he seems taller when he sits on my lap and heavier.

Sounds like you got a really smart one :)

#24 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

any one know how high these guys can jump:i have a 4.5ft fence and mooka has learned how to jump it so now he cant be left in backyard without a human with

him,we had to by the thing you put in the ground with the chain so we can hook him up but he can still run and play any help or suggestions

thanks

#25 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2215 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

We have a 6 foot hog wire fence. No top rail. We read somewhere that if the deer can't see the top of the fence line easily they won't jump it. Might work for dogs too. JudyK has a climber. Don't know how they solved the problem. I also saw that for cats a 45degree angle along the top of the fence will deter cats jumping a fence. Don't know if that would work for a dog. Good luck. You might want to invest in a Tagg GPS tracker. Anyone know what Kim has?

#26 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

hi all hope everyone is good 

had mooka to vet for finally checkup and shot and he now is 34lbs at 6month,boy he loves to run and jump and climb and and other trouble he can get into

some days he is worse than at 2 year old having a tantrum but god how we just love him,every morning he has to come up to us and yawn and talk at the same time

and wiggle his but and wag he is just to cute,still loves to try and steal stuff and destroy it but he is getting better at not taking it when you call him and tell him no,and he seems to sense when things arent right ,as 2 weeks ago i had a very minor heart attach and now every night he has to sleep so close to me i have to some time 

tell him to move so i can have room and sleep and he will put is nose to mine and i think make sure that i am breathing,god he is just like a human ,and he loves to cuddle up to you and sit beside you like he was a kid sitting up right so he can rest his head on your shoulder,and everyday when the work crew show up he has to go say hi to each and everyone of them and they cant believe how much he has grown in the 4 months we have had him he is almost as tall as my gsd ,he also love to some how get up on my washer and try to find my special food i need to eat  does not matter how high we put things he will sit there till he has found out a way to get what he want even if he is not to have it,

well off to take them out before bed have a great one all and as they said enjoy them as they grow up fast

#27 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2215 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Oocahtah, sorry about your heart attack. I am glad you have such a wonderful companion to love you and take care of you. He sounds like quite the little man.

#28 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7666 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Oocahtah, take care.  I often think if I took half as good care of myself, as I do my dogs, I be in much better shape!  So now my mantra is to just take care of myself like I do the dogs.  

Love to see a picture of Mooka.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#29 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3285 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

Oocahtah, take care.  I often think if I took half as good care of myself, as I do my dogs, I be in much better shape!  So now my mantra is to just take care of myself like I do the dogs.  

Love to see a picture of Mooka.

Take care Oocahtah.  Glad you are feeling better and that Mooka is keeping a watchful eye on you.  :)

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#30 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

so here is mooka thinking he is one of the cats and taily looking at him say thats my spot,boy he loves to climb and walk the back

of the couch 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0169.jpg

#31 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

That picture is too funny!

Feel well, I hope you are back in good form already.

I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#32 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

thank you karen i am feeling great now and almost back to par and yes the pic is funny he is such a character and loves to pose for pictures, he just sit there and 

waits for you to take his pic he is such a joy to have and a challenge everyday to see what he does,he will go up to my husband and sneak his watch and slowly back

up and then go and lay on his bed and think he got away with stealing it hes to funny 

#33 wag65

wag65

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, Hiking, Baseball, Pottery, Boating, Horses, travel

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Taste of the wild is a good one....I use the closest I can get to a raw diet. All natural ingredients.

#34 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

so this is how our 4 legged human sleep with us every night,and every night i have to fight with him 

to use my pillow and he loves to put his body under the covers,and he toss and turns just like a human does and even snores

some nights

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0160.jpg
  • IMAG0161.jpg

Edited by oocahtah, 09 July 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#35 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

#36 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

so now that house renos are finally done and feeling so much better after heart attack,i take mooka to be neutered and my little fatty is now 41lbs could not stay

under 40 just for today to save an extra $75 for surgery but that ok he worth every nickle we spend (cant say penny anymore here in canada as we dont have 

anymore haha)does anyone have suggestion on how to keep him calm for a least a week till stiches heal,cause the only time this boy is not up and about is at bed

time ,and finally got the house training done except now at 6-6.30am everyday he starts with the licking of my arm and if that does not work he chews my hand and then if i still dont get up he pulls the blanket of me and will stand over me and just stare at me with his nose on mine nose and yell at me,boy he is such and vocal 

character 

#37 dimsum629

dimsum629

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, Hiking, cave spelunking, being outside, crafts and gemology!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hey what a handsome boy! I would try Kong toys filled with good foods like raw meat or some peanut butter. Basically whatever he seems to enjoy alot. Freeze the goods in the toy and let him "work" at getting it out. Should keep him down and not in running mode for a bit.

Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.

#38 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7666 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Those are really funny pictures.  I enjoyed them very much.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#39 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2342 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

We had good success, both times, with the judicious use of a leash and a crate and I used the same "puzzle-toy" solution.

A kong with small bits of raw meat and some plain yogurt frozen into it.  They have to lick at it for a while to get at it. Takes time.  We also used Many Many puzzle toys--

There are many kinds of puzzle toys.. 

http://www.petsoluti...-Toys SAll.aspx

http://www.activedog...og-puzzle-games

The 2nd link has BaZunches of good ones.  We have a small collection.  K'ne's favorite is the brown and white plastic 'Brick' one on the 2nd page.  

If you generally feed kibble, you can split his typical portion into smaller parts and feed little meals throughout the day.  He will enjoy using his brain, if not his body.. lol  Dogs Love to use their minds and are great problem solvers.  Tho I do warn you- he might become an addict to puzzle toys.   B)

"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#40 oocahtah

oocahtah

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

thanks allison he is such a character some time i think he should have been human he has now started to talk back when he get punished by the squited bottle which he hates so much but hey it the best and safest way to train them and now that the house renos are completed we have finally got the house training and took the cone of today and so far so good and with it on he figured out how to twist and turn so he could get to his stitches so we will see how bed time is maybe will have to put back on so i can sleep,and i know i am late sending in paper and proof of neuter but with the renos and my heart attack they were the last thing on my mind but will get all out to kim asap 

thanks Starghoti i check the sites and they are great but unfortunately they do not ship to canada but he stole one of my daughters shoes and that seems to have worked  for now 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users