Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Where To Get Sep From Solidgold Product Line

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is what we wake up to every morning and omg god does mooka and bella love to run and place in it and boy can mooka run and glide over anything in his way he is so happy and boy so smart he seems

so mooka will be an uncle in jan and no not to the 4 legged one to a 2 legged human lol

Hi Oocahtah,   I had never heard of SEP but I looked on Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/Solid-Gold-S-E-P-Eating-3-5oz/dp/B000WFLVKQ Interesting.   In the mean time I'd get some plain - full fat go

Posted Images

I put Two Step on the leash and attached it to my belt. We both worked the garden together. When he would sniff for a gopher and show signs of digging up the plants to get to this underground critter, I would say in a growley voice, "QUIT." He did. He eventually he took his digging to the fence line. Sneak that he is, would do this when I wasn't looking. Like first thing in the morning he would go work on a hole for a bit, come back, and later in the day, go work a bit more til he had a clean get-away. He still try's to work the fence line, but is discovering the rocks, logs, wire mesh, and anything else I can find has blocked his path. So now he has figured out how to open gates.....I mentioned in another post that I was going to change the latches out. Well, what I did instead was put the latch on in reverse.... Well, he figured out that one too, so now it's time to really get different latches. AND he will find a new escape rout in due time..... ;)

Yesterday we put a latch on the inside of the garden gate. To discourage digging in to be with me, I take the ball chuck-it with me and she leaves me a ball outside the gate so I can fish it to the inside and toss it. So far, so good. We have a chicken tractor nearby, so when she gets tired of me, she takes the ball and lays down next to the chickens to commiserate with them. We caught her trying to dig in to "play" with them, though, so that could be a problem at some point.

i have tried everything to get him to stop and nothing works and the funny part is he will stop every few seconds to see if he is being watched and if he sees us we get the look of what i am being good and he will look and 1 of the other dogs as if to say he did it god he is such a trouble maker lol

but today he must say good bye to shadow(my gsd) as we are having him go to doggie haven so much more hugs and kisses for mooka for the next little while

ahhhhh Oocahtah, so sorry to hear this. May Shadows passing be peaceful. And may your day be full of thanks for having the privilage to have such a wonderful companion all of these years.

R.I.P. Shadow.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about Shadow- Always hard to lose a long time friend.

As for digging.. trim their nails short, and file them Really short. Makes it somewhat uncomfortable to dig.. ;)

I always keep my puppies nails short so they don't like to dig at an early age. They may do the Zoomies- Frantic-Energy -- couple paws' worth of dig, then they are off and running again. Just a thought.

oocahtah,

My condolences and empathy to your family and mooka. Denise.

Oocahtah I am sorry for your loss. As you know, I too lost my buddy Dakota just over two weeks ago. I bet Shadow and Dakota will be playing together and telling stories about us.

thanks everyone it is like putting down a human kid and at least mooka has the cats and my daughters dog to get him through this and Starghoti

my husband put a leather pouch with some things in it and thanks for the nail tip will try that and get the vet to cut them shorter than normal

IMAG0046.jpg

so mooka had his first bath at petsmart did not like the dryer loved the brushing and the bath put up a fight with the nails but got them done.he was so stress i think he was scared going in truck because last time a dog(shadow)went in truck did not come home,poor little guy he now wont leave my side

but that ok he needs the extra love

• 3 weeks later...

so mooka's greiving time thank good is over he is finally eating normal again,he stoped eating after we put shadow done and i had to sit on the floor

and hold food in my hand for him to eat just a little,and he is the only dog i know that hates carrots and loves turnip ane cabbage strange most dogs love the sweeter veggies but not mooka but hey at least i get him to eat them raw,and he likes limes and after being with us for over a year he has now figured were the cat litter box is and thought he was being nice brought me a treat yuk,so now have to make a kitty door and put a lock on it to keep him out

• Like 1

Hey Oocahtah- We have this litter box.

Clever Cat

3 Dogs later- and No Kitty Roca!

TOTALLY Worth the $ in my opinion.

Also the floor draft doesn't waft cat-box throughout the house.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

mooka watching tv in the spot that he seems to think belongs to him only ,so he can sleep,watch tv or look out the window by front

door and bark at everything that goes by my house

room for rent 001 (2).JPG

so i let my dogs out today and about 5 min later who do i find walking the sidewalk in front of the house mooka,so i guess he has finally realized my neighbors fence

is ok to glide over and when i open door and say mooka get in here he gives me the look and his little mooka dance and thinks he going to go on a stroll down the

street till i told him if he does not come now i am going to lock him out lol at least it worked he came charging in the house and then proceed to give me heck for ,

disturbing him ,so now i cant trust him in back yard by himself and he is so not impressed ,any one have suggestions as i cant make the fence any higher as there

are tress there an up here in canada i have to get the ok to cut down which would be a pain as only 2 of them are mine

I have heard that animals don't jump fences with "complications". Plastic deer fencing doesn't get jumped because there is no top rail helping them to see exactly how high the fence is. Cats dislike fences with 45 degree angles inward at the top. An inexpensive expensive expareiment: get some stakes that will be just at fence height when driven in. Set them up about 8 inches (20 cm) out from your neighbors fence. Run "crime scene" tape across the top. Now there is a visual obstacle before the actual fence that will complicate the logistics of the jump. See if that stops your little one.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acrime%20scene%20tape

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

i need some help with barking issues with mooka ,no matter who comes in the house he barks and barks and barks,no matter what i say or do he will not stop

till i put him up in my bedroom,and the worse part is he has decide he does not like my daughter boyfriend who lives with us or his friends that come to visit.

i cant keep putting him in the room till he calms down cause as soon as i bring him down he starts all over again ,i try and keep calm when i tell him enough

which worked for a little while but now he just gives his loud high pitch bark and not sure what i can do

any help would be so appreciated

If it is everyone and you have a lot of visitors that's one thing but if it's just the boy friend and his friends that might be a different issue.

If it is everyone he's likely being territorial. You will have to assess if he is doing it out of fear or out of an attempt to run things. I would guess from what you have told us of his personality it's domination and I would suggest crate training. He doesn't need to be out when you have company. You are the boss and it is your home and you say who can come in. If it's fear then the crate is also your friend as his safe zone. "Crate" can be the laundry room or it can be a proper crate but he needs a den that is his (suggest a lower power area than your bedroom if you are having a dominance issue- but you decide what "cratel" or place is - I used our pantry when Waki was having his teen wolf issues). If fear then a snuggly safe nest in a power center like your bedroom is good.

On the other hand, it could be that Mooka is on to something so I wouldn't rule that out. What does your gut say about the boyfriend and his friends? Are they warm with Mooka or tense/ hostile? Could they be teasing Mooka (perhaps behind your back)? Do they dis-like dogs? Kim once said if an AID doesn't like someone beware of that person.

Has the boyfriend tried to work with Mooka? Does he dis-like or fear dogs? Can you get the boyfriend to help by working with Mooka? It's really not hard to get a dog to stop barking if the human is a family member and is working with the dog. Toss a few toys, give some treats.

mooka loved them all has just been the last couple of days that he started barking at any noise ,ppl taking outside.cars going by or anything in the house,

not sure how he will take to the create as i have never created any dogs just used a squirt bottle full of water and it worked but not with him ,so tonight i

tried the leash again let him have is little tantrum and the whining noise he makes so any one that did not know him would thing he was being tortured

i told him this is his time out and as soon as he settles down i will take it off for now that seemed to work so i will keep on that and see where it gets us

i hope to a nice quite house unless there is a reason for the barking then i dont mind ,it just he is so head strong and stubborn ,and the funny part is when he

get in trouble he will come up to you and put his face on you and just give you those big eyes of his or the low belly growl to get the last word in ,but no matter how

long it take or how many things i have to try little does he know but he will not win

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi all need some help i am thinking of putting mooka on the raw food diet as after 3 months on this food again he has started gnawing on his feet

but not sure what to do can any one help,the only thing i do know is i can give him raw chicken not sure what else i add to it

thanks all