Photo

The Easter Bunny Came Early

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3435 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

Attached File  IMG_8229.jpg   130.04K   15 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2026.jpg   187.72K   15 downloads

So, the other day I went to gather eggs from my hens. I had just gotten home from an extended vacation (3weeks). I found about 3 dozen eggs in the nesting boxes, and gathered them in a big black plastic pot, the kind plants come in. Brought them to the house, and set them on my deck. I got distracted and left them there all day. No worries, its been very cool here...so when I got back to them, I looked into the pot and there were about 6 eggs left and a few shells. In my mind I thought Two Step was the guilty one because he is my food junkie and will literally attempt eat almost anything from wood to a tube of oil paint.....yep he did that. So I figured that night we would all suffer from his gas. ha ha. The next afternoon, we were all playing ball, and Tolinka barked, like follow me, so I did. He took me to a place in the garden where there a few really old redwood stumps that are partially rotted and started pawing it. He is talking to me the whole time. I came over to take a look at what he was doing, and there under his paw, trying to dig it out, was an egg. He looked up at me like "Hey I found a treat......and proceeded to eat it, shell and all. I had to laugh cuz I now know what happened to the eggs.....Tolinka hid about 36 eggs somewhere in the garden..... his winter stash for when times get lean. Now keep in mind, they are all buried and hidden from sight. I wonder if Two Step will find any. I hope they are all gone before easter, otherwise they could get a bit stinky, attracting other critters, like raccoons. AND I certainly don't want the grandkids to find them on their Easter egg hunt in April. Gotta love the primitive instincts of these amazing canines.

Attached File  IMG_2026.jpg   187.72K   15 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2026.jpg   187.72K   15 downloads
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#2 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3435 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

oops, sorry about the repeat photos.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#3 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1174 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

Epic!

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#4 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

I wish i could see a video of all the eggs stashing....thats a fair amount of hard work!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users