Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

End Color For Eyes?

Xochitl was born with two piercing "white walker" blue eyes. A couple of weeks ago her right one started changing color. So at ~6 months, she is still settling in on eye color.

Anyone have any idea on what color this will turn out to be? (Left one in picture.)

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 4.22.19 PM copy.jpg

• Like 2

How interesting..... I'll be curious to know what color she will end up with! Wyot's eyes seemed to glow almost yellow/green...now I would say it is leaning more towards brown. Just noticed today, that the fur on his belly is growing in, and it is mostly white, with a little of his black coloring intermingled. His totally black ears, that were rimmed with his mother Cree's cinnamon like color, are now cinnamon colored at the back of his head. Love how they are changing!

PS- love the piercing blue color of her eyes!!

There are several dogs here at Song Dog Kennels which have a mutli-colored eye. It is sometimes referred to as a marble eye. Most of the obvious marble eyes tend to be primarily blue in color with a dark amber to brown patch in one eye. There is one or two, if I remember correctly, which have a blue eye with a touch of yellow and only noticeable if you look real close. This marble eye is sometimes found in some herding breeds such as Aussies and Border Collies. It is a unique look for sure.

• Like 4

Greg you were just telling me this when I was there. You were saying that Jesse's eyes may marble, whether they stay blue or marble they are just gorgeous any way!

• Like 3

There are several dogs here at Song Dog Kennels which have a mutli-colored eye. It is sometimes referred to as a marble eye. Most of the obvious marble eyes tend to be primarily blue in color with a dark amber to brown patch in one eye. There is one or two, if I remember correctly, which have a blue eye with a touch of yellow and only noticeable if you look real close. This marble eye is sometimes found in some herding breeds such as Aussies and Border Collies. It is a unique look for sure.

That is really awesome to know - so in this case, it may stop and marble?! How rad!

• Like 3

Nakoma went from an awesome green to a fiersome coyote yellow. And his fur is a gazillion shades of brown with copper highlights, with his mother's (Raven) white Phoenix chest mark. It's interesting to see them change and grow.

• Like 2