4 replies to this topic

#1 Meadow's Family

Meadow's Family

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

Our Labor Day canoe camping trip came to an abrupt end this weekend. We thought we were going to spend a weekend paddling and swimming before the summer was over but half way across Charlton Lake (Deschutes National Forest) we were surprised by a snow and sleet storm. Half of our bedding and tent were soaked; thankfully we had thought to bring a propane heater. By morning there was at least an inch and a half of snow on the ground.

Cold and still damp we packed out first thing… I used the extra time to repair our laptop that had suffered from a broken screen and hinges and put together this collection of our favorite images from camping trips this summer. Enjoy…

DSC09259.jpg

DSC09272.jpg

DSC09341.jpg

DSC09389.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC09653.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02110.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02652.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02790.jpg

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 890 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Oh..My..Goodness.  Those are fabulous photographs of the dogs and family.  

#3 Nanette

Nanette

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:00 AM

That was a great trip! Thanks for sharing the amazing pics...love the boy sleeping on the dog...reminds me of the little days with my own boys...awesome!

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

Those are fantastic!  That is a big slice of happy life.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#5 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3445 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

Dang you are good with the lens....love the action shots, the family shots, the monkey see, monkey do shots, and of course the "little herder" taking a rest on top of the pup.  But alas, there is something about the photo of the two older dogs that are standing on logs at the waters edge...something about that lighting, that early morning mist rising, and a bit of the wild....outstanding.  Thanks for taking us along and sharing your vacation.  :lol:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Camping, Canoeing, Kayaking, family, kids, children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users