Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2019 American Indian Dog Gathering Is Set (28-30 June 2019)

It is that time of the year already. I now have the dates locked in for the 2019 American Indian Dog Gathering (28-30 June 2019). The last couple of years, we had to deal with smoke from wildfires as well as wildfires breaking out and closing Interstate 5. So, this year we bumped it up a couple of weeks hoping to avoid those issues.

Again, we will be at the Osprey Loop Campground at Lake Selmac. You are still urged to reserve your campsite early as this weekend is also the same weekend the annual Bluegrass Festival will be held at Lake Selmac so I expect Lake Selmac campsites will fill up quickly.

Josephine County has changed the process to reserve Tent and RV sites. To ensure those attending the Gathering have tent and RV sites available, Josephine County was nice enough to hold 10 tent sites and 6 RV sites for us in Osprey Loop without any money up front. Tent sites 2-11 and RV sites 16-21 are on hold for the American Indian Dog Gathering. You will still be responsible for the cost of the site when you reserve it. These sites will be held until May 1, 2019 at which time any site not reserved will be open to the public.

The Osprey Loop Campground

• · 10 Tent Sites (Water Available)
  • · 2 Partial Hook-Up Sites (Water & Electricity)
  • · 19 Full Hook-Up (50 Amp Service) (Electric- Water- Sewer)
  • · 4 Yurts (Furnished- Electricity- Lighting- Heater) Sleeps 5
  • · Restroom Facility w/ Showers

We reserved the Bass Picnic Shelter for the 29th of June. This shelter will accommodate 50 to 75 people - Power and water available - Playground and Nature Trail, large barbecue

For Camping Reservations Please call: Josephine County Parks and Recreation: 541-474-5285

Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Remember to mention you are attending the American Indian Dog Gathering to get one of the sites held for us.

Last year we had a wonderful time with a large group who attended. If anyone has any ideas of what they would like to see added to the event, please speak up and we will see if we can work it into the three-day event. You can post ideas or PM me directly.

Please begin making your reservations and plan to join this year's event. We are just four months away.

Please check back often for updates.

Edited by Greg
  • Like 3

Hi Greg~

Awesome...Super excited for this years Gathering & seeing everyone again. We will be there for sure...Will make our reservations ASAP.

Hey Greg...Tried to PM you but it said you weren't accepting messages...?

I was maxed out on messages and had to delete some. It should be good now.

Edited by Greg

Tent sites 2-11 and RV sites 16-21 are on hold for the American Indian Dog Gathering. You will still be responsible for the cost of the site when you reserve it. These sites will be held until May 1, 2019 at which time any site not reserved will be open to the public.

Josephine County Parks will be holding the tent and RV sites until April 1, 2019 not May 1st as I mentioned in the initial post. I apologize for the mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to remind everyone about the upcoming deadline of April 1st to reserve your site at Osprey Loop.

You can still reserve sites after that date but there is no guarantee that camp / RV sites will be available since the Bluegrass Festival is being held the same weekend. Josephine County was generous enough to hold 10 tent sites and 6 RV sites for us in Osprey Loop. Tent sites 2-11 and RV sites 16-21 are on hold for the American Indian Dog Gathering. You will still be responsible for the cost of the site when you reserve it. Beginning April 1st, any site not reserved will be open to the public

For Camping Reservations Please call: Josephine County Parks and Recreation: 541-474-5285

Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Remember to mention you are attending the American Indian Dog Gathering to get one of the sites held for us..

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. We are now eight (8) weeks from our annual event at Lake Selmac. As of this posting, there are still plenty of tent and RV sites available at the Osprey Loop campgrounds. I do not expect this to be the case much longer as the Bluegrass Festival will be happening at Lake Selmac during the same weekend.

I will be looking for some additional help this year. I will be limited to what I can physically do as I will be recovering from knee surgery. I know there is always plenty of help around during the event, which is always appreciated, but if anyone is planning to arrive a day or two early and willing to help prepare for the event, please let me know.

We will be following the same format as previous years with the BBQ being on Saturday. I will be posting more are we get closer to the event date.

Hey Greg,

I know your knee surgery will go really well. I hope your recovery is in warp speed. Sorry I won't be able to make the gathering this year, otherwise I would definitely arrive early to help you out. Have a wonderful time at the gathering. Looking forward to seeing photos.

Good luck with the surgery!!

Hey Greg, I know your knee surgery will go really well. I hope your recovery is in warp speed. Sorry I won't be able to make the gathering this year, otherwise I would definitely arrive early to help you out. Have a wonderful time at the gathering. Looking forward to seeing photos.

Thanks

Hello Everyone~ Swag is Back!

I hope this message finds everyone well, I just wanted to let everyone know I am going to do another "Swag" order for Song Dog Kennels so we can all "show off" for Kim and his amazing work with these incredible dogs.

I'll be doing a triangle style bandanna and Tank tops by Bella Canvas. I will take orders now thru June 3rd. Much like with the T-Shirts, I will deliver to those coming to The Gathering or Ship to those that can't make it. I have attached pics of mach ups of both the tank & bandanna. I am not positive of the colors yet but they may possibly be the same as those in the pics.

If you are interested in order 1 or both you can PM me here, email me at tervlab@gmail.com or text me at 503-504-9600; we can discuss payment options upon ordering (Paypal, CASH APP, Mail etc...)

Tanks (S-XL) = $17.00 (XXL or larger add $2.00)

Bandannas = $10.00

Remember, you have until June 3rd. It will be here before you know it...

Thank you for loving these dogs and supporting and promoting Song Dog Kennels.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Christi

AID_Mockup_Tank_1.jpg

AI_Bandanna_mockup_1.jpg

• Like 1