Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Hi all. I've been on jury duty this week. Took my dog the first day, but didn't want to subject him to that much waiting the second day. Honestly, though, it was so nice to know he was waiting for me. So many depressing elements, but there was Coyo, happy to see me, happy to be with me, happy to walk around, even for a few minutes. Love these dogs.

Hi all. I've been on jury duty this week. Took my dog the first day, but didn't want to subject him to that much waiting the second day. Honestly, though, it was so nice to know he was waiting for me. So many depressing elements, but there was Coyo, happy to see me, happy to be with me, happy to walk around, even for a few minutes. Love these dogs.

hey allison what is jury duty then, explain

gea

In America, one of our rights, as citizens, is a jury by our peers. That means, that even though a judge presides over a trial, there are twelve local citizens, chosen at random, that decide the outcome of a trial. That way, it's not the ruling class deciding the fate of the workers, or the rich presiding over the poor. So you get a summons in the mail--everyone must go, unless they can prove that it is a real hardship, and spend three days (or longer if you are chosen for a jury) being part of the court system.

It can be quite interesting, and also very unsettling, as you might imagine.

I was called for a jury, but they let me go, because I said "My Dog Tribe Needs Me!" The judge was skeptical, but when I started barking like a dog, he let me go.