• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Interests:gardening ,cooking, having BBQ'S .keeping busy , fleamarkets , Hanging out with my AID dogs

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

thanks every one it is an honor everyday with this breed is an honor to know where our compainions came from I dont think alot of people know what an honor it is to have our canines beside us.
Karen where my tribe resides is close to VA. our community was like a sanctuary during the removal for the indians that got away and hid thats why we have many different tribes mixed in I thought that was pretty cool .
and when I sit or walk along Mayo lake It is easy to imagine the indians paddling in their cannoes fishing we borrowed a kyack this year when my son was using it I could see our ancesters in him proud people .the cherokees and powtans and all the other s whe I was in it Snake would walk the shore line an follow me it was awsome to see the natural dog he is and soooooo faithful yes Im a proud MaMa LOL
Linda Bell

#22 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Hello everyone I must say I am very honored to have one of Lukas pups Thats my snake he looks like Luka the first year I had him and went to
my tribal homecoming in NC I was very proud especially when the Chief gave him free access to run the tribal center he did not but it was an honor I actually started cring when I found out that Luka's Bloodline was from the trail of tears I told Snake Im taking u home :) he loves it there when we go back like he knows this is where our ancesters are from .

I just found out that Nita comes from 

Lucas pup's  and that made me very emotional too

#23 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

Abby is an ancestor of Tayamni.

I know what you mean about connections.  My Uncle found a location in southern Illinois that was on the  Trail of TEARS and that's where we had our annual ceremony for years.  It helped honor those people and now I am honored with Tayamni.  :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users