• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hi All!

On August 15th our Grandfather turned 100!  He didn't want anything except to see us.

I turned 50 this year and Mom has been asking for pictures of Kelli & I with our dogs.

So, we went to Glamour shots early August and got pics for Mom, (she lives a couple hours North of us)

and pics (of Kelli and I and the dogs) to bring up to Pop (he STILL hates being called Granpa - LOL) and our two Aunts.

It's been 23 yrs since we've seen them all last.

The dogs did SO WELL for the 2.5 hour photo shoot!  Evidently they LOVE the professional photography because I usually get pics of Tayamni turning away from me and get a butt shot of her: "OMG look at her butt!"   that must be her favorite song!   :blink:

Anyway, here are the pics for your viewing pleasure!  (pics of Kelli & I have the Glamour touch, pics of dogs only are natural!   ;)

4 of Us (orig_43796_009R2).jpg

Tayamni & Coffey (orig_43796_008).jpg

Tayamni & Coffey closeup (orig_43796_011).jpg  (my favorite of the two of them)

Tayamni (orig_43796_020).jpg     :wub:   PS   I love this pic of Tayamni!

Coffey (orig_43796_045).jpg       (I can't figure out how to give this pic a better background ^_^  )

Edited by Denise E., 07 September 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Samie

Samie

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

Those look awesome!

In Texas bluebonnet season is around late March-ish. Hopefully I get my puppy before or during that time so I can take some lovely pictures of her as well!

#3 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

Simply Gorgeous!!!!!

#4 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

Gorgeous photos for such special occasions! So much to celebrate! Thanks for sharing!
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#5 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 676 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Fantastic pictures.

#6 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Hi All!

On August 15th our Grandfather turned 100!  He didn't want anything except to see us.

I turned 50 this year and Mom has been asking for pictures of Kelli & I with our dogs.
So, we went to Glamour shots early August and got pics for Mom, (she lives a couple hours North of us)
and pics (of Kelli and I and the dogs) to bring up to Pop (he STILL hates being called Granpa - LOL) and our two Aunts.
It's been 23 yrs since we've seen them all last.

The dogs did SO WELL for the 2.5 hour photo shoot!  Evidently they LOVE the professional photography because I usually get pics of Tayamni turning away from me and get a butt shot of her: "OMG look at her butt!"   that must be her favorite song!   :blink:

Anyway, here are the pics for your viewing pleasure!  (pics of Kelli & I have the Glamour touch, pics of dogs only are natural!   ;)

[img=http://www.iidoba.or...attachicon.gif] 4 of Us (orig_43796_009R2).jpg
[img=http://www.iidoba.or...attachicon.gif] Tayamni & Coffey (orig_43796_008).jpg
[img=http://www.iidoba.or...attachicon.gif] Tayamni & Coffey closeup (orig_43796_011).jpg  (my favorite of the two of them)
[img=http://www.iidoba.or...attachicon.gif] Tayamni (orig_43796_020).jpg     :wub:   PS   I love this pic of Tayamni!
[img=http://www.iidoba.or...attachicon.gif] Coffey (orig_43796_045).jpg       (I can't figure out how to give this pic a better background ^_^  )

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Sherab say that photos with a plain background work best for those photos on glass that she does? That might be an idea for the plain white background photo. It's got so much expression something special should be done with it!
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#7 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

Thanks LakeGirl for the idea.

Maybe I could commission Sherab and surprise my sister with a gift.  She doesn't get on the forum much so I'm pretty sure it could still be a surprise - ha ha.

:D  

#8 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:08 AM

These are great photos!! Love that last one of Coffey, that devious twinkle in his eye that I think we all know so well...

From how you've described Tayamni's personality she's always reminded me of Tamarack... and in these photos I can see it too, always with the pensive expression.

#9 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

WOW!!!!

#10 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

These are great photos!! Love that last one of Coffey, that devious twinkle in his eye that I think we all know so well...   From how you've described Tayamni's personality she's always reminded me of Tamarack... and in these photos I can see it too, always with the pensive expression.

Yes, I've thought so too about Tamarack and Tayamni being similar:  they both seem to be very in tune with the energy around them, sensitive and both thinkers.  You can see the smoke coming from Tayamni's ears sometimes when she is contemplating, be it a question I asked her or something else!  -_-  :rolleyes:   She communicates very effectively!  Definitely NOT a poker face.

Then there's Coffey and all his energy.  He seems similar to Rune, especially now that Rune has settled a bit.  :)

I'm not sure if Rune does any patrolling - Coffey sure does!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tayamni, Coffey, Pop, professional photos, two birds one stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users