Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Introducing Nakoma

Sorry I did not post this sooner I have been absolutely overwhelmed with this amazing puppy! I am not 100% on him name but pretty sure I will be sticking with Nakoma (meaning is Great Warrior or Great spirit) Nakoma's Mother is Azteca and father is Jay. He has been extremely well behaved and has not left my side since he has been home. and by side I mean under my feet. He is just finishing up his first day at work with me and was amazingly well behaved! This has been a long journey from the day I called Kim and ask to get on the list to the first night he came home but it has been worth every second of waiting. Kim picked out the perfect puppy for me and I could not be any happier! Thank you Kim and The support of everyone one here following this forum help me survived the wait! Now it feels like it was just yesterday I called Kim. Enough about me.... here are the pics...

IMG_7544.png

IMG_7561.png

IMG_7526.png

IMG_7482.png

IMG_7537.png

IMG_7543.png

IMG_7515.png

• Like 6
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I did not post this sooner I have been absolutely overwhelmed with this amazing puppy! I am not 100% on him name but pretty sure I will be sticking with Nakoma (meaning is Great Warrior or Great

A few new photos of Nakoma. My cat dose not normal go outside and was not happy about the snow, so Nakoma followed him around licking the snow off of his head.

Thanks for eveyones replays, it is great hearing about his litter mates! I have also been working very hard with his overly excited and love for other people and animals. He has improved a lot, even t

Posted Images

Keith,

Great pics of Nakoma!

Congratulations Keith. Nakoma is a handsome pup.

I love the sneaking through the bushes.

• Like 1

Nakoma is so relaxed and alert at the same time in that pic! Great!

Awesome! Love that shot. How is Miss Linda and Malachi? Miss her posts.

Me too. Please say hi to her for us, Tolinka, Two Step and me.

Nakoma is really cute. He is our pup Boone's sibling, Azteca x Jay's litter. I can't believe how much he has grown in the few days we've had him! Wish you were close to get them together for a play date. Hoping to have one with mommom's dogs one day soon!

PB081547.JPG

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I have not been on here for a long time and wanted to post an update on Nakoma. I could go on and on about how great he is but ill just post a bunch of pics to show you. Yes he was in a cast for a few weeks but recovered perfectly from a broken toe. Have no Idea how he managed to brake it. I would be very interested to see how his brothers and sisters are doing! feel free to post your pics of Azteca x Jay's litter.

Nakoma and me.jpg

IMG_7833.JPG

IMG_7858.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7794.JPG

IMG_7836.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Keith!

Nakoma is litter mates with Tayamni & Boone. Both have New Pup Topics. Nakoma is adorable!

I've got a bunch of pics in Tayamni's topic, but here are a few in no particular order:

IMG_20150205_144827.jpg

IMG_20141212_075917.jpg

FIRST NIGHT (standing).JPG

IMG_20150110_144920.jpg

IMG_20150118_162952_edit.jpg

Edited by Denise E.
  • Like 3

That is a good looking pup, for sure!

Awwww he's a lot like cake except he still looks like he has those aurora green eyes. How do people react?

Who is that handsome GSD? was your pup a handful like Boon and Tayamni? Or did u get all the calm genes or is that GSD taking the brunt?

Nakoma got to meet Snake today and had a blast playing with another AI Dog.

That is a funny picture, on the first page. You can see that Snake, who is one of the most patient dogs, is saying, "Please don't bring this thing home with us."

Yes, I wonder too ..... Tayamni and Boone were both calm (at least at SDK) - we both want dogs that can be trained for therapy work.

I have a feeling the GSD is a good influence on Nakoma and maybe he didn't have the "crazies" as much and Denise & Nick and I.

Boone is an only child,

and Tayamni has anxiety ridden Roger as a role model!!!!! Tayamni picked up some energy from him <_ and at the same time she has been great for him src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> He is calmer - before it rains, during rain & storms ... etc. (his anxiety has only been coming back as Tayamni is going through spay recovery - he's picking up on her early recovery issues). Roger acts more like a puppy instead of an adult with Tayamni.

I'm sure the GSD helped make corrections, yes?????

What is Nakoma's energy level?

Has Nakoma been calm throughout his growth so far?

Great question Sherab!