Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2018 Gathering Reviews And Photos

Well the 2018 Gathering has come to an end. Beautiful weather this year for a turnout which may have been sixty (60+) people in attendance. I know, by comparing the names on the list, there where at least fifty-eight (58) people who responded to me and made it. There were also several other faces which I did not get around to and did not recognize (they did look like they were enjoying themselves too). Attending this year's event were current AIDog owners, previous AIDog owners, a couple on the waiting list and a few more which will soon be on the waiting list.

I would like to thank everyone who attended this year's event. This event would not be successful without the support of everyone who attended. However, this year I would like to send a special shout out to Fallon, Jeannie and Kyle who drove up from southern California a week early to help with the chores around the kennel and with other heavy work in preparation for this event. Also I would like to thank Christy for taking on the task of having the t-shirts made up and handling the orders so attendees could have their shirts during the event.

This annual event is for you the owners but it is also for Kim, the founder of this wonderful breed. This year we tied in Kim's birthday this year with the event. Thank you Molly for ordering and bringing in the cake. Kim really enjoys watching as owners and their adult AIDogs return to where their journey began.

So many others jumped in and assisted in one way or another during the event. So let me just say, thank you again to everyone for their help.

I think is safe to say that all who attended had a wonderful time this year, I know I did. I am posting just a few photographs for now as I know there are community members out there waiting to hear about this year's event. There were a lot of people with a lot of cameras taking pictures throughout the day. I am sure many photographs will find their way here for all to enjoy.

20180707_1.JPG

20180707_2.JPG

20180707_3.JPG

20180707_4.JPG

• Like 9

Gathering pictures submitted by Fallon and family.

IMG954950_1.jpg

IMG954956_1.jpg

IMG954957_1.jpg

IMG954959_1.jpg

IMG954961_1.jpg

IMG954963_1.jpg

IMG954968_1.jpg

IMG954969_1.jpg

Edited by Greg
  • Like 6

Thanks so much for all the hard work that went into this..it was really fun! It was so interesting seeing all the pups together all so different so the same. The humans were nice too. and then going over to the kennels was so great and I really fell in love with some of those mamas...I may need a female...

• Like 3

The day started out quiet and peaceful. IMG_5775.jpg Lake Selmac was absolutely calm.....just beautiful. Then the guests started to arrived.. both 4 legged and two legged… A wonderful mix of people that found they had more in common with each other than just THE DOG. That being said, It was THE DOG and KIM that brought us all together for another wonderful American Indian Dog Gathering. Thank you to both for a terrific weekend……Good conversation and lots of laughs over great stories. The AIdogs at Lake Selmac consistently amazed and pleased us with their gentle ways. IMG_4910.jpg. IMG_4912.jpg IMG_4918 copy.jpg. IMG_4930.jpg IMG_4920.jpg. IMG_4967.jpg IMG_4926.jpg IMG_4983.jpg IMG_4989.jpg. IMG_4997.jpg IMG_5000.jpg. IMG_5001 (1).jpg IMG_5004.jpg IMG_4987.jpg IMG_5009.jpg IMG_5776.jpg IMG_5001.jpg IMG_4973.jpg Then there were the gentle companions............. IMG_4913.jpg IMG_4960.jpg IMG_4953.jpg IMG_4961.jpg IMG_4955.jpg IMG_4962.jpg IMG_4956.jpg IMG_4964.jpg IMG_4957.jpg IMG_4965.jpg IMG_4959.jpg. IMG_4966.jpg IMG_4958.jpg IMG_4968.jpg IMG_4969.jpg IMG_4970.jpg IMG_4971.jpg. IMG_4972.jpg There was a special hidden moment that I noticed...... It started with about 5 horse and riders going across the lawn near the dog pen. IMG_4933.jpg Of course the pups all raced towards the far side of the pen to get closer to the horses. The barking started, the horses put some giddy-up in their cadence, and disappeared into the woods......meanwhile there was a little mind that was busy with his own idea of how to be a cowboy...... IMG_4937.jpg IMG_4938.jpg IMG_4942.jpg At the end of the day...... this was the wise one IMG_4924.jpg See ya all in 2019 for another great weekend.

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you Kim and Greg for allowing us to volunteer our help with the AIDogs and be apart of such an extraordinary event! We learned so much while having fun along the way! It was an amazing week that we three will cherish forever! Thank you to both of you for hosting the AIDog Reunions.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for all the hard work that went into this..it was really fun! It was so interesting seeing all the pups together all so different so the same. The humans were nice too. and then going over to the kennels was so great and I really fell in love with some of those mamas...I may need a female...

NORCAL? Okay, next year people have to show both their name and their forum name! I would have given you a much harder time if I had known it was you.

Now I can see you by your dog... So nice to meet you.

• Like 1

This was, without a doubt, one of the best Gatherings we've ever had. Greg and Co., did a fantastic job setting up the large temporary kennel for the dogs. We even had a real gate! No more worry about dogs breaking through or jumping over, it was so relaxing for all owners to allow there dogs to play.

Everything was great. Thanks to Greg, Kyle, Fallon, and Jeannie!

Kim had a super time!

I didn't take too many pix, but I will get them up soon.

• Like 2

Quote from Kim La Flamme

(PLEASE POST)

The 2018 AIDog gathering here at Lake Selmac, and here at SDK, was one of the best ever. Over 70 people and around 40 AIDogs attended on BBQ day. Plus it happened to be my birthday 2 days earlier on the 4th of July; (best birthday surprise ever), with my daughter Alaisha, fiancé Brandon, my grandkids and bringing their 2 AIDogs as well, sure was my, “frosting on my cake”.

So many people to thank for their help at gathering & before; Greg for all his work & organizing, (& help everyday here at SDK) Allison, that built our web site & forum. Fallon, Mom & friend Kyle that came up from S. CA. a week ahead for their help with set up & help with dogs. Christy & Annett for their help, plus creating & bringing the AIDog T-shirts now on sale through our forum. Sean & wife Dee for doing the cooking. Molly, Demetre & Elaine from N. CA. for my birthday cake … on & on, as everyone contributed in so many ways, to make this one of the best gatherings & birthday ever.

Again I want to also thank all the AIDog owners out there, all over the world that help educate the public about our AIDogs, plus the pictures & testimonials / opinions owners send us for our web sites. We are now slowly changing & updating our web sites, so please visit often & invite others to do the same – All those great owners, have fun with your AIDogs & hope those that couldn’t make it this year can make it to Oregon next year – thanks everyone -

Kim La Flamme ~ Founder/Trustee of the AIDog breed for over 50 years - www.indiandogs.com

AIDog Owner's Forum - http://www.iidoba.org/forums/index.php?app=uportal

20180622_133353.jpg 20180705_152152.jpg 20180707_194555.jpg IMG_0017_1.jpg

• Like 6

Quote from Kim La Flamme

Please add this to my post –

One of the most satisfying experiences with every gathering or AIDog “get-togethers” (especially here at SDK within all the compounds), whether 2 dogs or 40, is watching the socializing of all those dogs. We hear this from all owners, that all of our AIDogs relate to certain, either particular dog breeds; huskies, shepherds, the more primitive working type breeds, & even more so, their own AIDog breed, cousins. Watching them interact, it’s so obvious they understand the body language & can learn so much from each other.

Even owners dogs that haven’t had that socializing with other dogs, that is so important for them, when going into the enclosure or off leash hiking together … end up leaving with a new attitude of confidence. You can see some “disagreements & squabbles”, plus ‘buddy-ing up’ to better teach those bullies a lesson. But they always (sometimes with a little help from us) end up fixing it … & much better off for the lessons. Plus we can learn so much from observing them interacting & learning socializing from one-another.

So satisfying after every gathering to see every dog as it leaves these gatherings, to have a better view of communication & body language skills, hopefully with every owner as well; learning from other owners & the dogs themselves. To notice how our dogs observe everything around them & learn from it, is hopefully a lesson for all of us to be more aware of them & everything around us – Have fun interacting & observing your AIDogs -

Kim La Flamme ~ Founder/Trustee of the AIDog breed for over 50 years - www.indiandogs.com

AIDog Owner's Forum - http://www.iidoba.org/forums/index.php?app=uportal

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Agreed...this years event was amazing. It always boggles my mind how well these dogs interact with each other most of whom have never met. It truly is an amazing breed followed by many amazing people. It was so wonderful to sit & talk with everyone. I second what Allison said earlier...next year we need to put out Forum names on out tags also...much easier to "recognize" people...Lol... Can't wait for next year.

If you didn't get your name on the list for T-Shirts & Swag...drop me an email at Tervlab@gmail.com. I am putting together a contact list for out next endeavor...Long Sleeves, Tanks, Bandannas...????? Who knows what it will be...

Have a great year everyone & I look forward to seeing everyone & more again next year.

Great job Greg, Kim, Allison, Fallon, Kyle, Jeannie and anyone else who contributed to this awesome party...WELL DONE!!!

• Like 1

God willing, I will be there next year!! So fun to see the photos of so many of these great dogs in one place :)

My pleasure... Hope we can get some more swag going and get the word out about these amazing dogs for Kim & Song Dog