Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Planning For The 2018 Gathering At Lake Selmac

Happy New Year everyone. I know this may be a little earlier than the last couple of years however, I have had numerous contacts inquiring as to when we plan to have this year's Gathering. Summer vacation plans are being made so I will put this out now.

Most of the requests I have had thus far have mentioned that the 4th of July time frame was perfect for them last year and would be perfect again this year. However, we will consider an eight week block (June or July) to set the annual event. August is typically the hottest month of the year as well as the heart of fire season. Typically people will arrive on Friday to set up camp, socialize and let the dogs get to know each other. Saturday will be the main event for the weekend which will include a BBQ that afternoon and later a migration down to Song Dog Kennel to see the dogs up close, tell more stories and whatever else may happen. We need to reserve the picnic area to ensure we have appropriate facilities for the BBQ. We do want to select a weekend that will allow as many people as possible to come experience this wonderful event.

This will be a very special year for Kim here at Song Dog Kennels, more on that later. Hint... Don't mention anything to Kim, it's a surprise. It would be wonderful to have a huge turn-out.

I would like to lock in a date to reserve the picnic area in the next couple of weeks.

Please check your calendars and reply with a primary weekend and, if possible, an alternate weekend that would work. Those who would prefer to send me a private message, feel free to do so. We will look at all the dates, lock in the weekend and hopefully post the date for the 2018 Gathering in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Greg
  • Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you to those who have contacted me with your vote for which weekend to hold our annual Gathering. This is the final call to get your vote in. I am wanting to lock in the pavilion for our event about March 1st. This will give everyone time to plan and lock in their campsites.