Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

I should have posted these a couple months ago but other things keep getting my attention:

Kelli and I always have a little adventure after our Sundance Ceremony is over before we get back home and into the daily grind again.

This year we went to Dinosaur Valley State Park in Texas and did a short hike. (Next time we will bring water shoes to go down the river and play in the water)

We had fun! Here are a few pics (I din't reduce size of them so couldn't upload all good pics = LAY-ZEE me):

06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX (4).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (6).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (53).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (54).jpg

I will post more when I reduce the pic sizes. There are better pics!

Edited by Denise E.
  • Like 2

testing picture size:

Dinasaur tracks on river bed 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX (10).jpg

• Like 2

OK, this will view better. Dinosaur Valley State Park in Texas is a really cool place!

There are many trails and camping and of course the river!

06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX (15).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX (16).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (5).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (12).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (17).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (17).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (18).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (20).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (21).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (31).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (40).jpg 06-20 Dinosaur Valley ST Park, TX Hike (43) 50 percent.jpg

• Like 3

I love that park and the Paluxy river. It was one of my favorite places I visited the last time I was in the Dallas area. Fossilized dinosaur tracks. Fantastic!

"It's not the humidity,it's the bone searing heat" was probably the truest statement I heard of Dallas, that and that it's flat. What they didn't say is that there's beautiful rolling oak forests and lovely river bottoms. I did consider going for a swim until I saw a big Gar (hey, everything's big in Texas, right?) and decided against it. That's one ugly fish with a lot of teeth. Brrrr.

• Like 3

I love that park and the Paluxy river. It was one of my favorite places I visited the last time I was in the Dallas area. Fossilized dinosaur tracks. Fantastic!

"It's not the humidity,it's the bone searing heat" was probably the truest statement I heard of Dallas, that and that it's flat. What they didn't say is that there's beautiful rolling oak forests and lovely river bottoms. I did consider going for a swim until I saw a big Gar (hey, everything's big in Texas, right?) and decided against it. That's one ugly fish with a lot of teeth. Brrrr.

I really like that park too! We'll stop back again next year or year after. Maybe stay longer if I feel better.

Up North we had, Eels and snapping turtles and in the Ocean well, Bluefish (which get 'shoulders' up North in the summer - and frenzied schools have bitten people swimming (not often but enough).

Done here in FL - the Baracuda have teeth. I will go in the river - unless I see a big Gar like you did then it will be dry land for me, too!

South of Dinosaur Valley on State Rd 183 (just North of Lampassas) there is a great Country Store - called Dutchman's hidden Valley. Their food is DE-LICIOUS! and they even had a Gluten-free deli item. My sister doesn't like Dill pickles but LOVES theirs!!!! That is quite an endorsement B)

06-20 Dutchman's Hidden Valley (1).jpg 06-20 Dutchman's Hidden Valley (3).jpg06-20 Dutchman's Hidden Valley (5).jpg06-20 Dutchman's Hidden Valley (6).jpg