Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Planning For The 2017 Gathering At Lake Selmac

Well it is February now and time to begin planning for this year's Gathering at Lake Selmac. It should be early enough for those wanting to attend this year to begin making travel plans. I am looking for some ideas of what would be a good weekend to hold the event.

July has been the popular month to hold the event but, as we did last year, we will consider a three month block (June, July or August) to set the annual event. Typically people will arrive on Friday to set up camp, socialize and let the dogs get to know each other. Saturday will be the main event for the weekend which will include a BBQ that afternoon and later a migration down to Song Dog Kennel to see the dogs up close, tell more stories and whatever else may happen. We need to reserve the picnic area to ensure we have appropriate facilities for the BBQ. We do want to select a weekend that will allow as many people as possible to come experience this wonderful event.

I would like to lock in a date to reserve the picnic area by March 1st.

Please check your calendars and reply with a primary weekend and, if possible, an alternate weekend that would work. Those who would prefer to send me a private message, feel free to do so. We will look at all the dates, lock in the weekend and hopefully post the date for the 2017 Gathering on or about the 1st of March.

• Like 3

Hi Greg,

Jon and I are looking forward to the gathering again this year. Last year we discussed helping out with cooking, set-up, and whatever else is needed. We plan on camping this year. The only weekend we are not available is July 21st - 23rd.

Let the planning begin.

Jon, Gail, & Arya

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for those who have responded with dates that would work for the Gathering. There is one week left before I intend to secure the pavilion at Lake Selmac. As of today, it looks as if the weekend of 7-9 July is the best weekend with the following weekend 14-16 July being the second most popular. Start checking your calendar and let me know if you are wanting to provide your input. Thanks.

I can be at both of those. Need to know soon!

For us the best weekend would be the 14-16 but could make the 7-9th work most likely as well. Can't wait to get together with everyone! We were so bummed to have to miss it last year. We could probably help with set up as well...I'm not much for a BBQ'r (too A.D.D to watch the grill...LOL). We'll for sure bring the Motorhome & camp out all weekend. I'll pass the word to Teak's brothers up here in PDX. :-)

• Like 1

I am hoping we will be able to make the reunion this year. So far I believe either weekend (July 7-9 or 14-16) would work for us. As I am late getting back on the forum, any information on how to get updates on topics as they come through would be great! Also on the lookout for my next puppy/7 American Indian Dog agility champion!

• Like 2

Yay Julie...How exciting...Maybe Teak & your new puppy can be Agility Champions together... :wub:

• Like 1