Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

125Th Anniversary Of Wounded Knee - December 22-29Th - South Dakota

WAKA' and I will be attending the 125th Anniversary of Wounded Knee in South Dakota this December....BRRR!!! As one, out of many, vehicles providing support for the 300+ Riders along the 100 mile, 8 day journey, WAKA' will be wearing a CAM capturing video of the event from her Indigenous four-legged perspective. When her paws first touch upon her Ancestral Lands it should be Magical!!! I too will be sporting a CAM. Will be sharing video footage during the journey via my Facebook page and posting HERE after returning.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DONATE VIA PAYPAL.

Your DONATION of $15 or more in support of the REUNION RIDERS will enable me to Gift you a Photographic Poster "18x24" of this iconic picture taken in 1990 by James Cook. This picture now hangs in the National Museun of the American Indian (NMAI) via US Mail.

IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A AIDog OWNER IN THE PAYPAL MESSENGER WINDOW WHEN COMPLETING YOUR DONATION. I would like to bring public awareness to the AIDogs.

http://healingheartsatwoundedknee.com/

post-3-0-58491300-1447369253_thumb.jpg

Waka, our cam-AIDog for this event:

post-3-0-26492300-1447369262_thumb.jpg post-3-0-23569200-1449335781_thumb.jpg

[edited by Admin]

At the bottom of this receipt, you can see how to use the "Message" box, to add your affiliation with the AIDogs as you are donating. Then email a copy of your receipt to Twospirit, by clicking on his name on the upper left of this post.

post-3-0-27856100-1449335895_thumb.jpg

Thank you TWOSPIRIT for offering this to our AIDog community. We will look forward to following your progress.

• Like 4

Hey Two Spirit that's really cool. Love the photo on the top - seems almost ghostly. I hope you take a lot of pictures and maybe a video clip of your journey. Waka is very good looking. I like his friend too. Have you done this trip before? I'm glad to know they do this. How did you come to know of it?

I wish you warmish weather and beautiful sky.

I couldn't get the Facebook link to open.

• Like 1

. I couldn't get the Facebook link to open.

It worked for me. They must have fixed it.

• Like 1

I agree that first photo is fantastic.

• Like 1

That first photo is amazing....Kim should get permission to use it somewhere...it fits the spirit of these dogs!

• Like 2

I heard about a poster. Is it the first picture you posted?

Is there any way for us to buy one?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The link in the original post has been updated. Here is how to get your poster:

You will have an opportunity to add a message when you make your donation.

Here is the example:

posterreceipt.jpg

Then if you send a copy of this receipt to Forrest, he will send you one of those cool Ghost Rider posters!

You can click on his name here, to get an email link.

Be sure to include your name and address.

Thanks, Forrest, for donating these posters for our members!

• Like 1

WAKA' and I will be attending the 125th Anniversary of Wounded Knee in South Dakota this December....BRRR!!! As one, out of many, vehicles providing support for the 300+ Riders along the 100 mile, 8 day journey, WAKA' will be wearing a CAM capturing video of the event from her Indigenous four-legged perspective. When her paws first touch upon her Ancestral Lands it should be Magical!!! I too will be sporting a CAM. Will be sharing video footage during the journey via my Facebook page and posting HERE after returning.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DONATE VIA PAYPAL.

Your DONATION of $15 or more in support of the REUNION RIDERS will enable me to Gift you a Photographic Poster "18x24" of this iconic picture taken in 1990 by James Cook. This picture now hangs in the National Museun of the American Indian (NMAI) via US Mail.

IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A AIDog OWNER IN THE PAYPAL MESSENGER WINDOW WHEN COMPLETING YOUR DONATION. I would like to bring public awareness to the AIDogs.

http://healingheartsatwoundedknee.com/

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by TWOSPIRIT
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

They must be on the trail. I can't imagine how tough it must have been. Really heartbreaking.

• Like 1

Hi Allison...WAKA' and I have returned and rested from our 10 day adventure with the Lakota Sioux people on the Sioux Rez.

Weather was "balmy" compared to 1990 although the temps were pro dominantly in the Teens and below 0 at night. There were 250-350 riders, a few walkers, and 2 runners who participated in the Big Foot Ride traveling over 110 miles on horseback. Very impressive and heart wrenching experience.

The Lakota Sioux are a proud and gifted people. I'm Honored to have been given the privilege to intimately participate in this historic event. Percy White Plume, Lakota, has orchestrated and riden in this event for over 25 years. I met Chief Arvol Looking Horse (again), Dan Afraid of Hawk, and Francis "Chubbs" Thunder Hawk. Dan Afraid of Hawk was 70 years old when he rode in 1990. He is pictured on the far right in the poster picture as one of the three Staff Riders. Chief Arvol Looking Horse is in the red on far left. Not sure who is in the center.

Dan Afraid of Hawk, 95yo, attended an Elders meeting one night during the ride that I was allowed to participate in.

The cam was not practical to use for several reasons for this event. As Kim well knows, it was imperative that I kept WAKA leashed and somewhat distant from the horses, for everybodies safety.

She had a great time and I unintentionally let her off the leash at which time she BOLTED. We were in a remote area, everyplace is remote on the Rez, and she galloped through the snow drifts like a Gazelle. Finally she decided to return and I once again became the Alpha, I think?

More to come along with many pics. Send me your address so I can send you the poster...My phone is "temporarily" lost somewhere in the car or trailer. To my knowledge I did NOT receive any emails from contributors. Plz let me know if you know otherwise so I can get addresses and send posters.

A'ho!

• Like 1

We have to start talking about this sooner, next year! In the midst of the holidays, I fear many people passed over this donation, that would otherwise have contributed. Now the link to online donating is gone. However, you can still mail in a donation:

To make a donation by check: Make Check Payable to “Horse Spirit Society” Mail Checks to: Horse Spirit Society C/O Gene Tyon P.O. Box 3490 Rapid City, SD 57709

I'd be by the fire for about a month.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...