29 replies to this topic

#21 gea

gea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:11 PM

Hey maybe one of us Americans can order what she is wanting and send it to her. Is this possible? I watched the Dog Wisperer for the first time the other night. I keep looking for the other program ( the one that Dusty is in) that was posted but have not seen it yet. We haven't had a barking problem yet but the key word there is YET! lol

for those who are interested,i found the dutch book,de hondenfluisteraar.
op mijn site www.kaya-kiani.noordbrabantnet.nl
go to links,click on the book and you will be forwarded to the side where they sell it
more interesting books found to

gea
Posted Image

#22 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7835 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

de hondenfluisteraar.
gea

I think we can all translate that! Thanks Gea.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#23 Molly

Molly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Location:Hi, I live in Holland. Right between Amsterdam and The Hague.
  • Interests:My dogs, ofcourse. I have been a breeder for a while. I learned so much from that. Genetics is one of my favorite subjects. Hope Shawn will turn out to be a very good racing dog. <br />I have a backyard big enough for the dogs to run and jump around and get very tired... The beach is nearby which is wonderful to go to in the evening on a hot summer's day.<br />My six grandkids make sure my dogs like small children!<br />And I love travelling in America. Even the state of Hawaii! What I am always looking for is to see what Mother Earth has provided us with. Mountains, vulcanoes, the animals we don't have like the whales, geysers, your coastlines, you name it!!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

Gea,
This book's Dutch auther is Klaas Wijnberg.
On Discovery Channel in America is a program called "The Dogwhisperer" which is highly appreciated. Cecar Millan wrote books and made a couple of DVD'S. I have seen Cecar on Oprah, he is fenomenal.
Molly

#24 gea

gea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:36 AM

Gea,
This book's Dutch auther is Klaas Wijnberg.
On Discovery Channel in America is a program called "The Dogwhisperer" which is highly appreciated. Cecar Millan wrote books and made a couple of DVD'S. I have seen Cecar on Oprah, he is fenomenal.
Molly

molly
espescially for you i surched for the englisch book from cecar milan
you can find it on kaya's site now too
gea
Posted Image

#25 Molly

Molly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Location:Hi, I live in Holland. Right between Amsterdam and The Hague.
  • Interests:My dogs, ofcourse. I have been a breeder for a while. I learned so much from that. Genetics is one of my favorite subjects. Hope Shawn will turn out to be a very good racing dog. <br />I have a backyard big enough for the dogs to run and jump around and get very tired... The beach is nearby which is wonderful to go to in the evening on a hot summer's day.<br />My six grandkids make sure my dogs like small children!<br />And I love travelling in America. Even the state of Hawaii! What I am always looking for is to see what Mother Earth has provided us with. Mountains, vulcanoes, the animals we don't have like the whales, geysers, your coastlines, you name it!!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:51 AM

I, personally am more interested in the DVD's. They are not in the computer for the Dutch stores to order from.
Molly

#26 gea

gea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:43 AM

I, personally am more interested in the DVD's. They are not in the computer for the Dutch stores to order from.
Molly

last attempt

look her,the complete first season
http://www2.cd-wow.nl/index_2.php

greets gea
Posted Image

#27 gea

gea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

There are also devices that emit a sound that we do not hear but the dogs do that will catch their attention - that and a firm NO BARK! when they start barking will often stop the problem. Josanne's solution is excellent too especially if the dog is actually barking just for attention. The more attention she gets for barking the more reinforcement she is receiving for it. Remember that good ole tough love stuff!!

hi all
forgot to tell you all but the barking stopped
kaya is clickertrained, thats a good sound
so i bought these trainingdiscs, and made it a bad sounds, now if she barks i make noise with the trainingdiscs, and it works
i introduced her with the trainingdisc by taking away food and making the sound,that helped, she thinking,oh this is not good
now all i have to do,make the sound and she stoppes with wathever she is doing
aint that great
gea
Posted Image

#28 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7835 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:26 AM

Hey, that's terrific! I just read about those. Glad to know they work. You use the clicker, too, eh? Do you have one of those fancy ones, that you has different sounds?
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#29 gea

gea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:40 AM

Hey, that's terrific! I just read about those. Glad to know they work. You use the clicker, too, eh? Do you have one of those fancy ones, that you has different sounds?

hi allison
no, i have a simple clicker,just one sound,but it works
dont use it all day,just to learn her new things, like going tru a tunnel and over a bridge.
gea
Posted Image

#30 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7835 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:14 AM

Skarro our Police dog, is trained that way, too. His owner gave me a little tutorial, and a book title. I should rustle that up and post it for everyone.
Good for you, Gea, you are on the cutting edge of dog training. B)

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users