Tehya Finds A New Home

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

"You don't need coffee. It's that last thing you need."

Haahahahah.

Look at Tehya playing and chasing other dogs! She was at the front then the farthest out, then back at the front! What a change. What a total change.

I wish I had filmed my boys trying to coax her out to play. Oh! Now she'll give them such a run for their money. They will both be panting! Looks like she could run them into the ground!
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#82 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

She is faster than Jasper! :)
(much to his consternation.. lol)

Once she gets to know strange dogs, she is willing to give them a chance, unless they try to chase her. That is still a bit too much yet. It still triggers her fear-response. But her moments of panic are getting shorter and shorter. And she has learned to come to me, and I will make the big scary dog stop chasing her.

She has been intermittently hanging out with these 2 dogs for months. They show little or no inclination to try to chase/catch her, so they are ok in her mind.. lol
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#83 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3433 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

I love when Jasper gets the ball.....watch his back legs putting on the breaks when he gets it. :) Perfect!
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#84 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

Newest update-
Tehya began playing with Cayenne, a lovely ShiloX Yr.old pup

She would bark, and Cayenne would run and Tehya would chase, then Cayenne would turn around, and Tehya would run away.
Cayenne seemed to know Tehya was only able to handle a certain amount of being the chasee- and would stop after only 10-20 feet and then let Tehya chase her again :lol:
This game went on for about 15-20 minutes, with breaks while Cayenne kept trying to dig her ball out of a hole.. LOL

She is making such progress. I am so proud of her! :D

Oh- and she did her first actual Jump-Catch of a flying ball the other day too!
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users