• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

They sell dog clothes everywhere here, but I see more dressed up dogs on television than I do in real life. But then, I live in East Bum, where there are more goats and horses than dogs. When I lived in California I saw dogs dressed up all of the time.

K
I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#22 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:39 AM

They sell dog clothes everywhere here, but I see more dressed up dogs on television than I do in real life. But then, I live in East Bum, where there are more goats and horses than dogs. When I lived in California I saw dogs dressed up all of the time.

K

What makes them want to do it? Just can't get into that mindset at all? Walking Shunka past the school today, he had his collar and T-shirt on, and I was asked if it was fancy-dress day today!

Don't know the answer Shunka would have given, but it wouldn't have been polite! So I tried to politely tell the lady what the reason for it all was, I thoought most people in the vilage knew now, most things go around rather quickly, it's quite a small community really.

#23 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

What makes them want to do it? Just can't get into that mindset at all? Walking Shunka past the school today, he had his collar and T-shirt on, and I was asked if it was fancy-dress day today!

Don't know the answer Shunka would have given, but it wouldn't have been polite! So I tried to politely tell the lady what the reason for it all was, I thoought most people in the vilage knew now, most things go around rather quickly, it's quite a small community really.

The news from the vets is good, the wound is healing and looking clean, the T-shirts and gel seem to be working thankfully.

Today's T-shirt courtesy of Tina our daughter reads "Don't laugh at me because I'm different, I pity you because you are the same!"

Hmm, sounds just like my boy and my daughter that one!

#24 Paul and Angelique

Paul and Angelique

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

Glad to hear it is working!
Hope you NEVER have to go through that again.

#25 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

Glad to hear it is working!
Hope you NEVER have to go through that again.

So do we!

We saw an interesting programme on Sky last night, we often watch a programme called "E-Vets" it's following veterinary interns in the East Alamieda Hospital in Denver.

It showed another way to deal with the wounds left from removing mast cell tumours. this programme was about a boxer who had one on his lower front leg.

The vet cut a piece of large holed foam the exact size of the wound, this was then vaccuumed to take out the air and sealed.

The dressings were changed every day, and they say the wound healed quicker and better.

Of course Shunka's is in the wrong place! he would need bandages all around his body!

It didn't seem to me to be much quicker than is expected for Shunka to heal, we change his shirt every day anyway, and it is checked twice a day when we gel him.

This way, the wound stays clean, it keeps out the grass seeds when we go for a walk for instance, and the air gets to it to help keep it drier.

He was full of energy and get up and go today, a pity I still can't let him off the lead to run, but we walked a little bit further today, so perhaps soon!

Edited by liz, 22 June 2008 - 12:38 AM.

#26 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

I was interested in taking Shunka to ability classes until a friend who has labradors said she was taking hers to the group Christmas party which was in fancy dress, I asked her what she would be wearing and she said it wouldn't be her dressed up but the dogs.

I thought then that it wasn't a group for me never mind Shunka!

I told her I would put a feather behind his ear and he could go as himself!

I have seen a video of a fellow in the Netherlands, dressed all in pink, his hair was dyed pink, and so was his poodle, he was walking past a ship full of soldiers, they didn't let us hear the comments!

Our dog's are too good looking already, they are good enough just as they are!

The T-shirts and gel have worked, he no longer has to go back for checks unless we are worried about him. The wound has gone down in size considerably, much, much quicker than expected, Sue thinks he will be healed in 2 weeks, so no more collars or T-shirts with luck!

He should be fine for the big rendezvous we are going to at the end of this month, at least we are hoping so!

#27 Paul and Angelique

Paul and Angelique

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

These dogs heal quickly, especially with so much love and care.

#28 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7835 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Hi Liz. That is great news. Poor fellow, but what a spirit!
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#29 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:21 AM

Hi Liz. That is great news. Poor fellow, but what a spirit!

Thought he was being good without his collar, then he comes back into the house from the garden and it is shredded!

All his others were in the wash, so it was check to see if we could pass on another, I found one which had sady faded, so the one he is wearing now shows an indian chief, buffalo and eagle!

He was in a very teasing mode anyway yesterday, but full of energy too.

So he is back with his collar, unless I am taking him for a walk and am watching him all the time.

Today it is rather warm and humid, none of us feel very energetic as we had rather a late night.

We went to see our friend Gemma sing, she was totally amazing as usual, my nephew and his lady friend and his daughter saw her for the first time last night and loved seeing her.

She may be going to the States, so I shall let you all know if she does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users