Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

"what Do People Say"

The most common comment I get is: "What?"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I too used to get so many comments, he looks like a wolf ,so must be a wolf hybrid. Not many pepole over here have even seen a wolf!   Of course over here it is the KC, one woman came up to me and w

Under what do people say.... Dog park... no photos....   Took Draco & Wicca to the local dog park yesterday.   Not long after we got there a lady came with a dog that for all the world, to m

Don't forget to mention they are the "Ultimate Mutt". That usually calms AKC types. Miz M, loved your definition of AKC.   I also try and include that Kim breeds for temperament, NOT color. He br

Posted Images

Wow we went a park on the Brandywine yesterday met a few people two little girls that fell in love with the boys Malachi played see and find he search and rescue exersise their gaurdian was smittined by them and wanted to know everything about them I told as I tell everyone go to the web site and read all about them and see the different colors etc. if you write or call Kim tell him u met Snake and Malachi he will like to here it . She was in the market for a good family dog well cant get get any better than these guys . then there was a family with a couple of boy well malachi was in heaven not having kids of our own he love to run with boys went in the water with them watching them in a gaurdian type way when the mother was asking questions and I said that malachi had bee clocked at 25 mile and hr he jumped in well my 100 and some pound rotty was clocked at 37 mph ( to me BS) I think his ego got the best of him LOL if rotties can run that fast they would be the third fasted dog not AID's I think because the akc does not reconize them people show their ignorance about the breed

Brian does most of the long walks with Soul and he gets "what the heck kind of dog is that" question so much he tells them now - he isn't sure; talk to his wife. We've had the local dog patrol out twice in the past year checking to make sure we didn't have a coyote as a pet. Our vet has a picture of him on his desk (he loves Soul) and often people say he looks like a dingo. We have only gotten wolf once.

When I talk about him and AKC comes up I simply smile and say "No, he isn't AKC, but he is Rare Breed registered"! Shuts it right down. Humph - you got the AKC dog - we got the rare one! :-)

One thing we told Kim that we wanted was a social pup; we got EXACTLY what we asked for. Soul loves everyone. Everything. EXCEPT squirrels; he's been traumatized by our resident squirrel (who by the way weighs in at about 8 pounds). People ask if he's mean (his eyes do that white/blue thing in the sunlight and it can be intimidating) and we laugh - and just say approach slowly and then let him take the lead; in 3 seconds he's got them on their knees and he's wiggling like a crazy worm with happiness! He looks a lot like his Mama Echo but has his Dad's eerie eyes at times (Shoppa).

I carry my business cards everywhere and on about 1/2 of them, I have the website address written on it. When people want to know more - I hand them one and say - go check it out and don't miss the history page! :-) Soul has actually drummed up 2 contracts for me in the last year! We love bragging about him and love that he loves people. It makes for very interesting travel stories!

Edited by Debi
  • 2 months later...

Before Wicca's surgery and before we sent Draco to Portland with the kids, I had both dogs with me on a walk.

We passed a young couple. I overheard the young woman make the sound that "chills" make when they run up & down your spine and she said the young man, "Eeeewwwwwww, those dogs looked right at me."

He said, "I know, cool, right?"

• 4 months later...

I'm just gonna whip out both me and the dogs papers... "here's my tribal ID, and here's the dog's tribal ID". HAHA!

HaHa.. that's funny right there!! You will have to hook a sister up with that tribal card when I do get mine!! :D That will be something I will try though...just to see what kinda reaction I get from them. Problem is though pretty much all of them on the rez know me and know that I am the biggest jokester/smarta@@ around... only if there would be a new one (employee) around I could be able to pull it off. Did that one year in the springtime right before Mushroom Hunting Season... walked into the Tribal Police Station where we get our wildlife hunting permits and there was the new Game Warden/Po-Poman that had just started and I walked in wanting to get my mushroom hunting license. That one was very hard not to bust out laughing...he said uhhhhh...then he started opening up drawers on the desk looking, got up from chair fiddling with his keys and opening up filing cabinets searching all over for them.. them said one moment please as he walked through a doorway to get help. I hear the guy whispering in the next room and another voice said... "WHAT??? Who is out there?" and he replied I don't know? Here they both enter back into the room and I was busted then. The other man happen to be my cousin and he said I should have known.. but he had to let the new guy know that you.... 'Do Not' .....need a license to hunt for mushrooms oh and also to always second guess whatever I may say or do in the future because I am probably up to something. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday I had a comment about Denakka that was a new one for me. She asked if I was Denakka's "Mom" and when I said yes, she said, "I've been having the best time watching him. He makes me feel like I'm not at a dog park but watching an Animal Planet or a Nat'l Geo wild animal show." The regular group at the park have all gotten use to Denakka's AIDog movements (slinking, stalking, direct gazes, coyote-like stances, crazy runs) and attitude and think nothing of it anymore. We all laughed because she reminded us of his uniqueness.

• Like 1

Hey Gramtot, great to see you back on the forum. Hope all is going well with you.

I was at our little "Mountain Feed Store" (my favorite haunt) and one of the guys there and his wife want an AID. I had Two Step with me and there were 5 of us in a circle around him...not standing, but squatting nose to nose with him. Two Step (on leash) stepped into one guys lap, put his head over his shoulder and gave him a dog hug....with that, three of the people said they were going to contact Kim....Two Step became the irresistible "potato chip." :wub:

I too used to get so many comments, he looks like a wolf ,so must be a wolf hybrid. Not many pepole over here have even seen a wolf!

Of course over here it is the KC, one woman came up to me and wanted to know what Shunka was, so I told her,explained how I had got him and that Sarah had only ever had 3 litters from Skye and Storm so they were very rare in the UK.

She then said, "Oh if we could get them KC registered, we could do wonders with these dogs" I told her I would personally make sure she never got one, as the dogs were perfect as they are, and don't need tweeking into oblivion like so many of the dogs already have been.

Keep up the good work Kim, I still believe in what you are doing is so right!

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

Where can I get one of those dogs? They are not big but they are still "Manly".

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 1

Them: "She looks like a German Shepherd but that's as big as she gets?"

Me: "well, as big as she gets, yes...but she's a little squint"

Them: "And they're what kind of dog again?"

Me: "Indian dogs dot com."

I constantly hear, with my peripheral earballs, the words 'coyote' and 'eyes' as we move through the world.

• Like 1
Don't forget to mention they are the "Ultimate Mutt". That usually calms AKC types. Miz M, loved your definition of AKC. I also try and include that Kim breeds for temperament, NOT color. He breeds for the personality that wants to work with you, so in one litter you get all these colors!Yes, I get that same thing, "They look right at you, like a human looks at another human, not like a dog". I love that.It does freak some people. Perhaps in that moment, they know they are not alpha to this dog, simply by being born human.I have always loved the fact that these dogs change us. Make us have to be alphas, and find that inner strength.

For me I'm noticing it is not just having to be alpha (and no, I don't have my dog yet but I keep living vicariously through you all), it is humans having to relate to another species as equal. These dogs have no sense of being a species less than human (perhaps the most terrible thing muggle humans have perpetuated on this planet). Just an awareness of pack and the human is either alpha or not. How surprised muggle humans would be to discover these dogs, trees, grass, et al do not consider themselves inequal/inferior to human. Just clear about their place/job/contributions on the planet. I suspect meeting these dogs jars that awareness in people, which could be unsettling to a huge chunk of human population. I'm looking forward to living into that more, and to developing my alpha dog-ness. Thanks for all these great comments about the dogs and things you say to curious others.

DSC_0071.JPG

I had a guy come running down the beach while Keme was in water and him going "is that a dingo you have with you" and you just have to wonder about some people, because you just want to say yes I am walking around with my pet dingo!!!. Of course I get the fox and wolf comments too!I

• Like 3

While in Arizona I had someone ask me if Tiva and Kai were coyotes. I said, "Yes, I just caught them and trained them on the way down the trail. " I had him going for just a second or two before I went into the AID story... I'm thinking of having flyers printed to hand out as I travel! I have also met some very fun people interested in hearing about Kim and his dogs - just one more attribute to these dogs - making friends.

coyote.jpg

• Like 3

It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Since you are thinking about making a flier, I noticed a while back in this forum there was an AIDog flier which was created. I thought it was pretty cool and a good idea. I think the following link might get you to the correct location. If not, search for flier.

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/public/style_extra/sharelinks/download.png

Edited by Greg

:wacko: Sorry, I guess I put the link in wrong. Anyway search flier will get you there.

parrotflier.pdf (open file and use magnifying glass in upper left on tool bar - not sure why this one came out so small - had to convert it to PFD to be able to upload to Forum - Cake's came out larger)

We made some nice cards for Waki and Cake. Saves time and confusion.cakecard.pdf

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifDSC_0071.JPG

I had a guy come running down the beach while Keme was in water and him going "is that a dingo you have with you" and you just have to wonder about some people, because you just want to say yes I am walking around with my pet dingo!!!. Of course I get the fox and wolf comments too!I

OMG so funny!!!

Well, we do have a lot of visitors in Florida ... I hope it was a tourist not a local

Was the guy wanting Keme to be a dingo? I would love to see the reaction if you initially said "Of course!"

:P

Last week I got a couple of golden oldies I hadn't heard for a while.

"Ewwwww. Yuck. Those dogs looked right at me."

"They're so small. They looked big from a distance."

• Like 1