Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

About The Aid

HI all

I don`t have an AID. But I have two siberian huskys.

I like to know what are the difference between some AID and sleddogs ?

I don`t mean that sleddogs just want to pull all the time and AID perhaps no. I want to know if the AID thinks similar like huskys? In what kind theyre very different?

Sorry for my english!! :-( I hope you have some answers to me. Thank you!

Natalie

I don't have much experience with Huskies, so I can't answer you as well as some of the others. I can say that American Indian Dogs are all around working dogs. My dog herds, quarters, points, pulls--the list goes on. Whatever I try to teach him, he seems to take to, and that is one of their features, they want to work with you.

I don't have much experience with Huskies, so I can't answer you as well as some of the others. I can say that American Indian Dogs are all around working dogs. My dog herds, quarters, points, pulls--the list goes on. Whatever I try to teach him, he seems to take to, and that is one of their features, they want to work with you.

I don't have much experience either with huskies, but I will say that the AID is quite unique in many respects. They are a thinking breed so they can learn almost anything if you have enough patience and time.

Of the two huskies I have met, they both were a little stubborn - always wanting things their way. The AID will test you beyond comprehension, but with "tough love" as Kim genuinely puts it, they are truly remarkable creatures.

If you get a chance to meet Peter's Coydo in Switzerland, you will be amazed by his physical skill, strength and endurance as well as his beauty. My dog, Jake, is Coydo's son born November 9, 2006. They could be twins. Good luck with your search.

Hi!

Thank you for your answers!

I will make the questions that I have clearer.

Huskies are very stubbornly. If they don`t want to make a thing, they don`t make it. You can not force them to nothing. I like this very much but sometimes it would be easier with a dog who isn`t that stubborn.

How are the Indian Dogs?

Second very important question i like to know is:

Can you leave free your dogs while you are walking with them?

I can`t let my dogs free. They are fascinated by hunting almost everthing they are hearing or see in the forest. I have two or three distances where I can let free the two dogs but I always have to take a lot of care because if they ar borred they to to search an adventure for themselves. ;-)

The american Indian dogs are different in that sense?

Third question:

Are the AID are also independently?

Huskies are very independently. They don`t need humans. If they like to do a thing. They do it without the owner. I heard that Huskies could still survive alone in the nature, if there are no cars and humans. That is what I mean with independently.

How are the AID ?

Ok, I really hope that some users here are interested to get me some answers to my three questions!

Thank you very much...

Natalie

Hi!

Huskies are very stubbornly. If they don`t want to make a thing, they don`t make it. You can not force them to nothing. I like this very much but sometimes it would be easier with a dog who isn`t that stubborn.

How are the Indian Dogs?

I can`t let my dogs free. They are fascinated by hunting almost everthing they are hearing or see in the forest. I have two or three distances where I can let free the two dogs but I always have to take a lot of care because if they ar borred they to to search an adventure for themselves. ;-)

Third question:

Huskies are very independently. They don`t need humans. If they like to do a thing. They do it without the owner. I heard that Huskies could still survive alone in the nature, if there are no cars and humans. That is what I mean with independently.

How are the AID ?

Ok, I really hope that some users here are interested to get me some answers to my three questions!

Thank you very much...

Natalie

Hello Natalie!

I'll give you my opinion on our AIDS as I'm sure other owners will to.

Even though our dogs are well trained they can be stubborn too! The AIDS like to 'test' before they decide that you really mean what you say or are asking.

We don't walk our dogs unleashed because one we have what is called a 'leash ordinance.' The animals, when not in their own yards, must be on a leash. The AIDS are natural hunters and want to hunt. We have taken ours out and they explore and hunt. We very seldom have them off leash because of that. If they see a rabbit, cat, chipmunk they think they need to go and run they do.

Our AIDS are independent but do need people. My husband is the alpha in our 'pack' and sometimes he looks like the Pied Piper ... they all go marching in a row. He moves and they all move. They are wonderful travelers and our pups go everywhere with us. My husband's motto is if the dogs can't go, neither can we!!

You won't be disappointed with your pup, though. When trained they are remarkable companions and are true friends.

Judy K in Michigan, USA

Hi!

How are the Indian Dogs?

Third question:

How are the AID ?

Thank you very much...

Natalie

Hello Natalie,

We just received our second AID, the oldest "Tokayla" is now one year old. Often we go out in the woods and there are several area's where they can go unleashed.

Our experience is that she stays with us and when she is seeing something she runs after it, but always come back when you call here.

When walking she always looks up or back where we are. After 2 day's our new one Ayame (arrived last sunday), already follow us unleashed, we let her go from the start and when she is not paying attention, we keep walking and you see here running towards you and sometimes we hide, then she panics and search for you. When you do this a few times and she never let you out of sight. Of course we reward here when she comes.

They need the company of people and they are very close with us, but we are very consquent and make clear what is allowed and what not.

They learn quick and are very intelligent. They can get along with our cats too, they play with them, they don't chase, but again you have to practice from the start.

Tokayla is friendly with children, animals, strange people and we can take here everywhere.

The only thing is, they need space, and they need to be able to run and play, they have lots of energy.

There is only one thing, Tokayla is not impressed by cars, and run's towards these, so I never let here go unleashed along roads.

I hope this answers a few of your questions, but again this is my experience with our dogs, and depending on personality it can differ.

Kind regards,

Truus