Photo

Things We Consider At Song Dog Kennels Before Deciding To Announce Expecting Litters

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 860 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:27 AM

Several people on the waiting list have contacted Kim with questions about upcoming litters.  Since he has been informing them that we have made two breedings and we have only announced one expecting litter to this point, he wanted to make this statement on the forum about why we announce some litters early and some late.

We make announcements of upcoming litters when we feel confident in making that announcement.  However, please understand that we do not know the number of pups in the expecting litter until that litter is born.  Also understand that there have been times, although rare, in which a female has gone through a false pregnancy.  There could also be a very rare instance when a litter might not survive.

Please understand that these are only a few of the reasons why we announce an expecting litter late or, even at times, no announcement until the litter is actually born and healthy.  We try to make an educated guess “without written in stone guarantees” as to when each new owner will be offered a pup, if they are ready.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users