Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Atticus - One Year Old

This guy's been on the planet for a year (out of Raven and Choco).

He's smart as the devil, and obedient, attentive, and generally awesome when tired out.

Complete disdain and disregard for us when off leash another dog is in sight, and we're working hard on recall.

I love this dog like crazy. So glad he's become part of our family.

A few portraits taken on his birthday; more on my Web site.

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-One-Year-Old/i-42rf9HP/0/L/Atticus_birthday--2-L.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-One-Year-Old/i-42ZNw48/0/L/Atticus_birthday--3-L.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-One-Year-Old/i-zMcN82t/0/L/Atticus_birthday--8-L.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-One-Year-Old/i-NZVp7Cf/0/L/Atticus_birthday-1993-L.jpg

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-One-Year-Old/i-tsjDmnN/0/L/Atticus_birthday--L.jpg

And for some reason, all my shots after this one are blurry ...

http://www.paulswortz.com/Portraits/Pets/Atticus-One-Year-Old/i-rp6rgRj/0/L/Atticus_birthday-2015-L.jpg

• Like 8

Truly my dog's brother! Happy Birthday, Atticus, and many many many more! You and Nakoma are alike in not just looks, but also in your ways when off leash. May you both learn the recall before you guys turn 2! He sure is a beauty, Swortz! Enjoy!

• Like 2

Greetings and Happy Birthday from your sister Kaposia! Celebratory photos to follow soon! The family traits run deep....she's like a run away locomotive off leash, can be somewhat bossy at times, and an absolute cuddle bug love with such a wonderful spirit!

• Like 3

So great to hear about his siblings! I'd love to get some photos of them and compare notes on behaviors. Nakoma's off-leash behavior exactly is like Atticus! He catches a glimpse of anything anywhere, and BOOM! he's off!

• Like 2

So the litter mates are: Atticus, Waka, Kaposia, Zephyr, Nakoma...Any more? Wouldn't it be great if we can get pictures of them all together?! Too bad we are scattered across the country.... Their resemblances are amazing! And their off leash traits! Lol! At least I know it's a genetic thing... :-). Swortz, I have some pictures of my boy up under "Ranger Komi" somewhere on this forum. Feel free to use them. I like what you do with the camera. I can only imagine what you can do with some editing!! Happy Birthday To Kapoosia and Waka!!!! Woof! Do your pup's "talk back" to you or "yell at you" or "complain" to you? Nakoma and I have some arguments, let me tell you! It cracks me up, and anybody else who happens to hear it. It's really quite funny! ... Here's to many more years of the Raven x Choco litter!!! :-)))

• Like 5

Atticus is a real talker too! Not barks or yips, but prolonged vocalizations that you'd swear are entire sentences. "But I don't want to go outside, it's raining!"

It's remarkable to see how he uses his front paws/legs as hands -- way more reaching and "grabbing" than any other dog I've seen.

• Like 2

Interesting trait comments...Kaposia is also quite a talker, mostly when she doesn't get what she wants, or she doesn't get what she wants right away. I half expect her to break into perfect American English sometimes. There are times when things absolutely need to get done, and all she wants to do is play, so she gets gated in the kitchen. She can see me at the dining room table working on bills, etc. but doesn't like that gate between us, so she will turn her back to me, sit down and howl like a coyote...soooooooo mournful! Smart? Unbelievably smart. Sometimes I think Kim somehow successfully crossed dog, coyote, wolf, fox, bobcat, gazelle, and rabbit! Then, when she gets bossy and we deny her requests, there's the "dance of frustration" chasing the tail like a whirling fur ball. She's a great traveler, loves going with us wherever we can possibly take her. When we walk, she now automatically sits at each street corner, she knows to sit before she exits a door, on or off leash, knows quite a few words and can bring the correct toy when asked. Still pulls like a tractor while walking though...ready to try one of the Halti products. Very, very attached to us, very loving and cuddly. This old retired gal really appreciates our daily nap together after lunch in the recliner. She's a very delicate eater, not a snarfer...loves fish, home made beef stew and chicken soup over her kibble. She so far does not do too well around other dogs, she's submisive and somewhat fearful...once got out flanked and nipped in the side by a 3 legged Yorkie. We soon plan a play date with another AID in our area, and hope that goes well.

• Like 3

Hahaha! Yes, the dance of frustration!!! My gosh, I feel like you and Swortz are describing my boy. It's amazing how much alike they all are! And yes, the dog coyote wolf gazelle bobcat fox rabbit jumping bean mix equals an American Indian Dog! :-))

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Atticus

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Swortz, you are definitely a talented camera man......great shots. Stunning!

• 3 weeks later...

My mind just exploded with how adorable Atticus is! I'm currently waiting on the list and seeing these pictures makes me swoon. I love his spirit. :D I can't wait to bust out my camera when our pup arrives.

• Like 5
  • 3 months later...

It really is amazing how much all our pups resemble each other in personality and looks! We should all pic a specific picture pose for each of our pups and then collage all the pictures next to each other! It would be fun to see them all lined up next to each other!

• Like 2

Truly my dog's brother! Happy Birthday, Atticus, and many many many more! You and Nakoma are alike in not just looks, but also in your ways when off leash. May you both learn the recall before you guys turn 2! He sure is a beauty, Swortz! Enjoy!

haha, yeah Zeph is still learning his off leash recall - he is so ADD

• Like 1

Atticus is a real talker too! Not barks or yips, but prolonged vocalizations that you'd swear are entire sentences. "But I don't want to go outside, it's raining!"

It's remarkable to see how he uses his front paws/legs as hands -- way more reaching and "grabbing" than any other dog I've seen.

YES! oh my gosh - my staff always makes fun of me because Zephyr uses his feet like little hands. He will pull stuff from outside the chain link fence, open doors, open gates, etc. How funny that Atticus does the same thing!

It slays me when Atticus "rubs" his eyes at bedtime like a sleepy kid ... absolutely hilarious and endearing as heck.

I think the collage idea is a great one ... and would love to find a way for us reconnect these siblings someday!

y'all want to send me the photos/links, I'll gladly pull something together.

Does anyone know how many pups were in this litter, and where they are these days?

post-89548-0-45536300-1471379814_thumb.jpegI didn't realize how much Atticus and WAKA' look alike. Even the half Amber, half Blue eye... Atticus has darker coloring on his paws.

post-89548-0-19784800-1471379856_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow, they do look identical! Zephy also rubs his eyes a lot also, which is so cute!

We should definitely get a picture collage set up - maybe a head shot, straight on with a little chest showing?

I'll have to figure out how to tag everyone so they get the pics :)

IMG_0003.jpg

• Like 2