Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2016/post-3-0-50724600-1475869481.jpg

Sita Flower

Owner: Sri Odom, California

"Sita Flower is a gem. She is friendly to all people and animals that she meets, and rewards the trust and freedom I allow her by being tuned in and appropriate in most circumstances. When we go to the beach, or to a party, or to the dog park (as in this photo) I mostly let her do as she wants, for she is always gentle with children and reads energy very well. She exudes a sparkling personality, a deep intelligence, and for sure an amazing sense of humor, and wants to make good contact with lots of people and animals whenever she can. She bestows blessings of beauty and fun wherever she goes. She is a gift to the world and I feel super blessed to be in her pack. We respect and love each other deeply."

• Like 11

WoW!

Sita Flower all grown up! :wub:

• Like 1
Hey NorCal I live in Humboldt County, near Arcata. Are you indeed in Walnut Creek? That's 5 hours away or I'd say let's get our dogs together to play!

yes indeed --too bad--if we ever visit the big trees we will let you know!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A beautiful description of your dog and it describes my Kai to a tee! We are indeed blessed to have these wonderful dogs in our lives- the love is deep.

• Like 3

Like sschenck, I also keep thinking of your description of Sita, as I train Kooskie. This is a personality that I have not worked with before. I keep having to throttle back!

How much is Sita Flower weighing? She looks large in that picture.

• Like 2

She is beautiful...It's amazing to me how, in pictures so many of them look so big but in person they are so petite. Out boy Teak always surprises people who have seen him in pictures when he meets them in person as he is only about 19" tall & 40 pounds (a wonderful size I might add). They truely are amazing dogs. :P:D

• Like 2

Ha yes the optical illusion AI dog! Allison Sita is just 29 pounds...I agree she looks bigger in this picture!

And Tervlab the same thing happens with Sita all the time...people who have seen her on Facebook nearly always think she is bigger than she is...it's funny, when she's curled up she looks like a quite small dog, when she is stretched out she is so long and lithe and graceful.

She's the littlest big dog. Or vice versa. Small enough to sit in my lap, big enough to run with the big boys and girls. Perfect (of course I would say that lol!)

• Like 5

Wow! I remember when Sita Flower was a puppy and she was just a few pounds less than Tayamni (who is over 50 pounds now).

Sita does look bigger in the picture - must be her "presence". I would have guessed about 38 pounds because her back & legs look longer than Coffey's.

Can't believe what a dainty darling girl!!!!!! :wub:

• Like 2

Awwwww I love it Denise... "A dainty darling girl" for sure!

As for presence, I would say it's quite large...she definitely has streaks of bossy and confident in her...while not really an alpha, she is relentlessly and hilariously submissive and does not take kindly to being messed with for those who would mistake her friendliness for pushoverness!

Edited by Sri
  • Like 4

.while not really an alpha, she is relentlessly and hilariously submissive and does not take kindly to being messed with for those who would mistake her friendliness for pushoverness!

That's what I'm talkin' about.

• Like 1