Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Dog Rescue In N.c. Claims To Be Ai Dog

So judy what litter is the stealth midget from? Is it from one of the new breeders from the wilderbush?

Her mother is Sandy and her father Jay Silverheels. She's quite the character. She misses absolutely nothing. Watches everything and everyone.

Her mother is Sandy and her father Jay Silverheels. She's quite the character. She misses absolutely nothing. Watches everything and everyone.

Hey Judy,

My daughters pup Chief Joseph is from the same litter. This is so cool. Send some pictures if you can. I will send some of Chief when I get a chance.

Grandma Lisa and great uncle Hawk

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would give you all an update on Sasha - the rescue dog my best friend, Missi has in North Carolina.

She did contact Kim and they had a great convo on the AI and various other issues. Missi did finally get the lowdown on Sasha - who is a full-blooded Belgian Malinua.

Now the previous owner told Missi that Sasha was neutered ...and then Missi walked out back to see JJ (Missi's 155 lb long haired German Shepherd) and Sasha tied up together in a very "not neutered" position! :-)

So here are Sasha and JJ on the deck of their new home awaiting the arrival of their puppies!

jj_and_sasha.jpg

She's the one in the front - as far as they know she is Malinois - AKC papers said so! Bwahahaha

Yea I gathered that since you said the long haired GSD was on top :P as far as the AKC papers are concerned and I am going from the pic I have never seen a mal look so much like a GSD. Matter of fact the slight slant towards the nose on the dogs snout screams GSD not to mention the overall coloration. Mals have black masks yse but the body is normally a light brown but I have been wrong before like I was sayin I'm going from the pic. Plus thats would be the biggest mal I have ever seen if it was true.

Yes this has to be a mistake of sorts. Something got switched around somewhere. I will bet there is a Malinois out there being called a GSD at least on paper. Or the paper work is fraudulent.

Edited by Todd
Hey Judy,

My daughters pup Chief Joseph is from the same litter. This is so cool. Send some pictures if you can. I will send some of Chief when I get a chance.

Grandma Lisa and great uncle Hawk

I'll send the pictures to Allison and ask if she'd be kind enough to post Tsaga's pictures. She was born June 20th and I thought your daughter's pup was older for some reason. She is a pistol though!!!

Judy K in Michigan

see debi here this is the breeder I was going to get a 'wolf' or hybrid or whatever they are till I found Kim and y'all

So called 98% wolves for family pets

I spoke w/ the ladies often but they would never give out other owners numbers so I could go meet one, that made me leary (sp?).

If you go throught the site they certainly make owning a wolf sound very attractive and often used the comparison of a wolf is einstein and any dog is like forrest gump.

I wised up of course but there are so many peeps out there doing this and SOO many dogs needlessly dieing b/c of it. At least these folks aren't saying they are NAIDS.

Just thought I would give you all an update on Sasha - the rescue dog my best friend, Missi has in North Carolina.

She did contact Kim and they had a great convo on the AI and various other issues. Missi did finally get the lowdown on Sasha - who is a full-blooded Belgian Malinua.

Now the previous owner told Missi that Sasha was neutered ...and then Missi walked out back to see JJ (Missi's 155 lb long haired German Shepherd) and Sasha tied up together in a very "not neutered" position! :-)

So here are Sasha and JJ on the deck of their new home awaiting the arrival of their puppies!

jj_and_sasha.jpg

Not sure this was the best pic to see Sasha's face - but although Todd and Jason think she might not be - I did some research and found that many Malinois look like Sash...and found out some things about the breed I didn't know! First, didn't know they were a shepherd breed, and then second that they can have about 5 different colors! Found pics of some that are pure black! Bwahahaha

Not sure if her papers are faked or not - just know what we were told and the vet agreed. As Missi won't be "selling" the pups from JJ and Sasha - but donating them for 1. Service work, 2. Canine Companions, and 3. bringing one to my father-in-law! We are glad she is healthy and in a good home!

Thanks for the input!!

see debi here this is the breeder I was going to get a 'wolf' or hybrid or whatever they are till I found Kim and y'all

So called 98% wolves for family pets

I spoke w/ the ladies often but they would never give out other owners numbers so I could go meet one, that made me leary (sp?).

If you go throught the site they certainly make owning a wolf sound very attractive and often used the comparison of a wolf is einstein and any dog is like forrest gump.

I wised up of course but there are so many peeps out there doing this and SOO many dogs needlessly dieing b/c of it. At least these folks aren't saying they are NAIDS.

My rule of thumb? If a dog breeder does not have their own "website" and is hosting on a free server? Steer clear!

I don't think wolf hybrids are "bad" persay - but it takes a special person to own one and be able to handle their personalities. My best friend throughout school (k-12)'s dad owned a hybrid and Bear was not a very social animal. He was great with the family, but he would turn on a dime if Richard was not with him when others came around. I got nipped a few times until I learned from them how to "neck nip" him - and I was around Bear from the time he was a year old! When Richard passed away the family ended up having to put Bear to rest also as he could not be controlled by anyone else.

I joined a very informative hybrid group on Facebook last week and the information they are providing is pretty good. Also looking at getting an informative group blog going on this as soon as everything calms down around here! :P

Not sure this was the best pic to see Sasha's face - but although Todd and Jason think she might not be - I did some research and found that many Malinois look like Sash...and found out some things about the breed I didn't know! First, didn't know they were a shepherd breed, and then second that they can have about 5 different colors! Found pics of some that are pure black! Bwahahaha

Not sure if her papers are faked or not - just know what we were told and the vet agreed. As Missi won't be "selling" the pups from JJ and Sasha - but donating them for 1. Service work, 2. Canine Companions, and 3. bringing one to my father-in-law! We are glad she is healthy and in a good home!

Thanks for the input!!

I'm really sure she is not a Malinois. There is only one Malinois and four types of Belgian Shepherd dogs, Check it out

more Mal's Malinois

Debi I'm not trying to be a butt about this just trying to keep it straight. kind of like someone calling a NAID a AID.

Yes I am glad she is being cared for. she is beautiful and the puppies are going to be great I'm sure. Give her love for me.

I'm really sure she is not a Malinois. There is only one Malinois and four types of Belgian Shepherd dogs, Check it out

more Mal's Malinois

Debi I'm not trying to be a butt about this just trying to keep it straight. kind of like someone calling a NAID a AID.

Yes I am glad she is being cared for. she is beautiful and the puppies are going to be great I'm sure. Give her love for me.

Thanks, Todd! And by no means did I think you were being a butt! Bwahahaha...I appreciate it! And with what I just heard about how the owner thought Sasha was fixed...she told Missi "well the vet gave her a shot"! OMG!!

I have a feeling the original owner got took - perhaps Sasha has some Belgian in her - but not sure she's full blooded! Thank you! And they will be great puppies - I'm just glad they will all have homes! Will send the love on to her!

Edited by Debi
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Sasha has just given birth to at least 5 pups and it looks like more are coming. So, Solsti now has a baby sister...Sirona Moon...will know in a few weeks which one ...but she's had 3 short haired and 2 long haired thus far...Missi says she looks like she still has a few!

Whew...I'm exhausted from all the excitement!

Update: 8 puppies - looking like 4 of each sex!!

Edited by Debi
UPDATE:

Sasha has just given birth to at least 5 pups and it looks like more are coming. So, Solsti now has a baby sister...Sirona Moon...will know in a few weeks which one ...but she's had 3 short haired and 2 long haired thus far...Missi says she looks like she still has a few!

Whew...I'm exhausted from all the excitement!

Update: 8 puppies - looking like 4 of each sex!!

Do you have any idea how many you want to keep?

Energizer Bunny indeed!! Are you off to China to adopt a baby next week?

Edited by Karen

It's the season of 8 pups.

Do you have any idea how many you want to keep?

Energizer Bunny indeed!! Are you off to China to adopt a baby next week?

Sasha is not mine! Bwahahaha Oh my! We have no canine in our family now - but she is my best friends dog (they are in North Carolina - we used Facebook tonight to support each other through the birth of the pups)!!

Sasha ended up having 9 puppies...and we are getting one. Missi is keeping one for herself, two are going to search and rescue in N.C. and one male is coming to Michigan for search & rescue and one female coming to Michigan to be a little sister to Solsti! So that leaves 4 puppies left...as she is in the rescue business - those won't last long!

No human babies for me...ever again! Bwahahaha! I prefer canines in my "old" age and don't have to worry about them coming home and telling me they are pregnant! Bwahahaha

It's the season of 8 pups.

It was...she popped another baby girl out at the last minute. We picked the name Sirona Moon (personally relative...just as Solstice Son...Sirona is Celtic Goddess of healing and fertility and it means "star") and Missi didn't know - I posted on her Facebook that we had picked that name and she freaked...the puppy born right before she got the notification on Sirona's name had a little white star on her chest. Soooo...once again - the powers that be have shined on us! Bwahahaha

We'll be getting her in late June or early July...Missi is coming home for family reunion and we are meeting her in my hometown to pick up Sirona! It looks like it's going to be a VERY busy summer!!

Edited by Debi