Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

I really want to try those fingerling potatoes. Do you order them from a catalog?

Once you start serious gardening, catalogs are not only inevitable but one of winter's great pleasures. Start getting the Wayside Gardens catalog now, just for the joy of it. They aren't vegetables, though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG OMG ALLISON- I think they are near your neck of the woods??

They carry some unusual and somewhat rare plants, and their idea of "seedling" ofttimes belongs in an 6" pot!

raintreenursery dot com

Our Garden Center Hours:

Jan 20 - June 6, Wed - Sun, 10:00am - 4:00pm

Raintree Nursery 391 Butts Road Morton, WA 98356

Call Us: 1-800-391-8892

I love these guys. Their stock is Healthy and Beautiful. And they have a great (and educational) website!

Just a house update-

We are inching closer...

Expecting yet another call from our realtor to let us know what and when things need doing. We are doing the slope/drainage stuff ourselves, and she is calling her handy-guy for the medium plumbing stuff.

Once we get the underwriter's sign off on the P&D report-work, we can finally go to underwriting!

Theoretically a week or so out- now

The light at the end of the tunnel just might not be a train..

A

Bwahahaha- ok so this little tiny corner is ours...

Here is the hubby painting the facia trim {that the contractor decided to leave bare (and failed the 2nd inspection!)}

So we can move forward. Literally a tablespoon of primer and paint are all that are standing between us and this house!

I was there on Wed, being the human-bulldozer. Tearing out huge old dead bushes that were up against the siding, and pruning other shrubbery. We also spent the evening of Wed digging the drainage trench along the backside and laying pipe and gravel. Did I mention the monsoon torrential rain and 30-40 mph winds? :)

Fun.

If we have any luck we go to underwriting sometime Mon-Tue.

Good for you for peeing on that corner. Oh, maybe I didn't understand? Ha, ha.

So if you are doing all those things, bushes and all, does that mean it's a go for the new house?

Well- our realtor says to prep the utility companies for the move.. so I guess it's pretty solid now.

We are just waiting for the last hoop-jumping / underwriting-funding part to finalize.

I will, of course, post a jumping up/down entry when it truly closes for real.

Okay. I'll only do a small dance, for now, and save the fireworks for later.

Add another couple steps to the dance..

We made it through underwriting and should be on to signing us/seller today/tomorrow.

Then on to Recording, and finally KEYS! :)

We are losing our minds with excitement.

Allison (and other forum-friend locals) you will be invited to the housewarming party!

{{probably end of june/early-mid july}}

WOOT!

WE SIGNED!!!

(sorry, didn't mean to yell, but I'm excited! L0L)

Keys likely tomorrow.

:):D;):D :Bwahahaha: :D

Edited by Starghoti
WE SIGNED!!!

(sorry, didn't mean to yell, but I'm excited! L0L)

Keys likely tomorrow.

:):D;):D :Bwahahaha: :D

CONGRATS!!

Hey, I knew you before you even had that house! Or your dog!

Seriously, though, congratulations. Home sweet home.. My advice is, get your pup before you refinish the woodwork.

:)

Congratulations Starghoti :P I know how excited you must be. New home, redecorating, new garden, and a new pup soon to be on the way. WHAAA HOOO! It's a great day for you. Have a ton of fun with all of it.

Thanks my Friends.

'New home, redecorating, new garden, and a new pup soon to be on the way. ' Heck Yeah- MizM.

AND I will have space to build my business! WOOOT!!

And hubby says I can have the garage Loft area for my sewing/craft room! (L0L- only because it has low head-clearance, and he's 6'5" heehee)

Once we get things a little set up and liveable, I will get a couple pics posted on here :P

Have a great holiday week-end yall' I'm gonna be busy moving! *HappyDanse*

Star.

We officially got possession of the house Friday!

Immediately began taking down glittery vampire popcorn ceiling, tearing up carpet (to be transplanted in bedrooms later) to expose original oak flooring in really good original shape, and cutting in for painting... etc.

Met our next door neighbor as well. Her mother owned the house, and she knows the history back to the day it was built! Wow :blink: She knew the people that built it and lived in it for 60 years- who then sold the house to her mother for the last 10 or so. She is also selling us her Grandmother's dining set (6 leaf!)

Also discovered our house is So Kewl - it comes with a functioning Skeleton Key B) (photo soon!)

It is a beautiful classic bungalow-

Edited by Starghoti

Cool about the oak floors. Now, what time is dinner?

@ Jerry

See pics below for yard shots!

@ Allison- Soon as we have anything besides random fruit, water, and sodas in the kitchen.. Bwahahaha Told you - you get an invite to the HW party! (But the invite will come via FaceBook heh :blink: )

Very nice yard!

So Mina helped us yesterday.

She helped us find the Walls

we pulled the carpet, but left the old padding as 'drop cloth' for the painting

It's going to take a while for the paint to come out of her tail.. L0L

and the floor

Which was very sad and crusty

so we made it All Pwettty

the original Maple (?)

Ho my Dog! Do you have those rounded ceiling corners and joins? It looks fantastic. Not easy to come by, anymore, and so beautiful!

@ Allison- yes, yes we do. and OrangePeel plaster and archways and Corner casement-style windows (but upgraded to dual pane vinyl) and plate rails in the cupboards and hutches. and and and. It is a nearly All Original 40's house owned by only 2 families before us and Lovingly Maintained! Just wait till I post pictures of the jelly-glass lantern front porch light, and the tin scroll 'shade' over the entry-way light! You Gotta come to the HW party Now! :blink:

Edited by Starghoti

Congratulations again Starghoti......Your new home is simply charming. You are going to have such fun polishing the place to sparkle-shine. It looks like you have terrific back bones in the structure to work with. You go girl. :blink:

Congrates our house came with a skeliton ket also that fits the one of the front doors I lovew em looks like th e pup will have a great yard to play in :P:P

We officially got possession of the house Friday!

Immediately began taking down glittery vampire popcorn ceiling, tearing up carpet (to be transplanted in bedrooms later) to expose original oak flooring in really good original shape, and cutting in for painting... etc.

Met our next door neighbor as well. Her mother owned the house, and she knows the history back to the day it was built! Wow :blink: She knew the people that built it and lived in it for 60 years- who then sold the house to her mother for the last 10 or so. She is also selling us her Grandmother's dining set (6 leaf!)

Also discovered our house is So Kewl - it comes with a functioning Skeleton Key B) (photo soon!)

It is a beautiful classic bungalow-

House update--

we have survived a week at our new location. So much to do and so little time!! We are currently sleeping in the dining room until we can get the bedrooms finished. One only needs carpet- but we still have to pull the old carpet and pad and staples. The other- well let's say I am making progress on the ceiling (peeling ancient paint over textured plaster) should be able to prime and retexture tonight. And we are trying to move our stuff at the same time. Difficult to do two things simultaneously whilst there is no room to put things yet L0L

And we lost one of our Beardies :( rip Raiden

It is both thrilling to be in a house again and frustrating how things always take longer than you expect.

A simple one hour project ends up taking two- you know..

Oh and pfff! Who needs a gym membership when you have a house and are the only one there to work on it during the week! (or is that weak?)

We project being able to mow the lawn this coming week- using the term loosely- as it is nearly more beautiful little wildflowers than grass :rolleyes:

also hope we can successfully dissuade the family of coons than seem to believe our back 40 is a perfect latrine area. Hello chickenwire!

That is your Hopeful Star update for the first week of June

Starghoti signing off, and going to go don her Darth-mask and go attack some more ceiling! ow

And we lost one of our Beardies :rolleyes: rip Raiden

Ahhhh...do you mean bearded dragons?

RIP Raiden.