Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Post-a-pic

Coyo hates it, but Sitka loves it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coyo hates it, but Sitka loves it.

90% if the time Mica loves being held, especially on his back! 10 % he wriggles, and it takes about a minute to settle him down, or he starts to talk. That is one thing that is really coming out in Mica, he is very talkative! the sounds that come out of him are incredible! what is sitka like for talking Allison?

and Tabor is just beautiful! i love coming on the forum and seeing new photos! so many cool colorings coming through in all the pups!

D

that is so cool I could not leave MAlachi off leash anywhere he would see some and be gone couriosity but this picture is precious

Tabor with my daughters.
that is so cool I could not leave MAlachi off leash anywhere he would see some and be gone couriosity but this picture is precious

Ryan, I to love that picture of Tabor with your daughters.

Linda, as for off the leash, I have found that Lola is much better off the leash than on. This was the case with my last dog as well. when I take the leash off Lola (in the forest or on the beach) she usually stays quite close and is very attentive when I call her. On the leash, she has the security of being physically connected, so she doesn't pay attention. Does that make sense? I don't know.

Linda, as for off the leash, I have found that Lola is much better off the leash than on. This was the case with my last dog as well. when I take the leash off Lola (in the forest or on the beach) she usually stays quite close and is very attentive when I call her. On the leash, she has the security of being physically connected, so she doesn't pay attention. Does that make sense? I don't know.

Chief is the opposite for off leash. Only now that he is just about a year old, is he ok off leash. He is so curious and excited that previously, he would not stay close and trying to get him back on the leash was frustrating! But we've been working hard at obedience off leash and it is working finally! Also, for the on-leash times, what made a huge difference for us is using a halti or gentle leader. It was like night and day with him. Where before he would want to sniff and pull, the halti gently keeps him paying attention to us with very little effort. Maybe give it a try for Lola...

Ryan I will put him in the yard and if he is preoccupied forget it he comes running then turns and runs away he is still young I donot have that secure of a place to let him off until allshots are done and the snow melts I bought a 20ft leash to start training when weather permits he is getting use the leash does pretty well time will tell haha hey has Lola started loosing teeth yet?

.... has Lola started loosing teeth yet?

Not yet, but she is becoming way destructive as of late. When she chews on something now, it gets destroyed fast. I hear they start loosing teeth at about 4 months; Lola is just over 3.

.....what made a huge difference for us is using a halti or gentle leader. It was like night and day with him. Where before he would want to sniff and pull, the halti gently keeps him paying attention to us with very little effort. Maybe give it a try for Lola...

So, is a halti is a head caller right? At what age did you start using it? I think Lola may be too young.

thanks,

Jerry

I was wondering sometimes the way snake and mal play all you can here are teeth clanking together

and yes Lola is too small for a head collar. she has to be a tad bit bigger

Not yet, but she is becoming way destructive as of late. When she chews on something now, it gets destroyed fast. I hear they start loosing teeth at about 4 months; Lola is just over 3.

So, is a halti is a head caller right? At what age did you start using it? I think Lola may be too young.

thanks,

Jerry