Darmo and Zulli

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7646 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

post-3-0-95085700-1473369755.jpg

Darmo (M) and Zulli (F)

Darmo- male, yellow eyes, tan and sable- 25 months old.

Zulli- female, blue eyes, cream- 9 weeks in the picture

Owners: Gene and Celia Batan, Connecticut

"Darmo teaches us humans a lot- he has behaved like a parent, teacher, and big brother to Zulli, with amazing patience, tolerance, generosity with space and toys, and calmness towards her.  Darmo waited two full days after Zulli's arrival in the house (2:00 am Aug 12) in full observation before gently engaging her, keeping still and quiet on those first few nights of Zulli wailing in the crate.  On this 3rd week together, Zulli provides Darmo with the daily breathless workout he needs, with Zulli teasing him to chase her all over the fenced property- and plays 'dead' to throw him off.  Darmo is the first to check on Zulli when she 'whines'.   Zulli arrived taking on the 'sit' position whenever she is not sure of any sound or signal, so we are off to a good start on manners training."

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7646 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

In keeping with the multiple dog theme, I love this one.  Already a team, and looking out onto the Zen garden; picture/thousand words.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#3 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:37 AM

Yep another awesome team!  Thanks Allison for the great Dog/dogs of the Month pictures! This was interesting with the back view...so sleek and also gives a little mystery as to what their faces look like....

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7646 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:48 AM

Yes!  We are standing together looking out at the garden.  For this moment, we are all part of their pack.

--David Dunning

#5 ArielRabbit

ArielRabbit

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My biggest priority is being with my family. They are my heart and happiness and my best friends. I love photography. It's one of my favorite things to do. I take tons of high end family photos for fun but also do actual jobs like weddings and what not. I like to read and be outdoors. I love to drink coffee on the swing on a fall day. I'm a laid back, easy going southern girl with her heart on her sleeve.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Oh I love seeing these pictures! They're all always so beautiful! Really shows how sweet and majestic these dogs are.

#6 Coffey please

Coffey please

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Native American ceremonies, crafts, movies, a good book to read, my dog (Roger -a dash hound mix), swimming, camping, travels(vacations or sabbaticals), FAMILY, good food. Time with A.I. dog when he / she is here (Roger and Tayamni included on time with). I am able to add in that Coffey is a much WONDERFULL addition to my family and am looking to MANY new memories (as well as years) with him. My Roger has left our Junior mint (and Tayamni)to help with balance in our lives and home (where ever home may be).

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

What part of Connecticut ? ? Anywhere near Sleeping Giant ? ? I grew up just outside of New Haven area. Your dogs look great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users