Baby Teeth.....i Found One :-)

loosing baby teeth

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3425 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

So this morning Two Step and Rain invited me to play a bit of "tug & let go."   As we were playing I watched Two Step literally rip the toy out of Rains mouth.  The thought occurred to me that perhaps he was trying to help Rain lose a tooth, after all we have been listening to the sounds of baby teeth being crunched, sucked and swallowed for the last two weeks.  The two pups let go of said toy and started to sniff the ground....Aaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!  The tooth hunt is on.   :ph34r:  I ran my fingers over the rug, and this is what I found.

Rains baby tooth IMG_1682.jpg

By the way this is not what I expected it to look like because the roots aren't there, but all other evidence is.  It appears to be a premolar.

Happy hunting ya all.  :lol:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 853 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

Cool. I never found any of Anoki's teeth. When his teeth were loose or his gums hurt, he would bring me his rope toy and he would tug on it as I held on because he knew I would never let go of the rope. He would continue to pull and chew on the rope until his tooth came out and he would start crunching on the tooth. He must have thought it was a treat because he would not let me retrieve the tooth. Since he now has all of his teeth, the rope toy is a thing of the past. He now prefers tennis balls, Kong toys or sticks.

#3 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

Dang!

The one tooth I found and threw out b4 realizing it was a tooth - was my only chance (with Tayamni).

I had the Vet tech (who does the dental services) to see if there were any baby teeth I couldn't see and she they are ALL GONE.  So they have been for about 3 weeks.

She is fast on that I guess, still some adult teeth growing in but the gum cutting was the worst part for her,

I never heard any sucking or crunching.

If I knew I threw out the only baby tooth I would find outside her mouth  ....   I would have spread that trash in the bag out and searched like a CSI!!!!!!

#4 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

I was fortunate to find 2. Since I was puppy challenged, I wasn't totally aware they were falling out till found them on the floor.  :wacko:

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#5 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1169 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

By the way this is not what I expected it to look like because the roots aren't there, but all other evidence is.  It appears to be a premolar.

Happy hunting ya all.  :lol:

Gotta say...I didn't remember a relief on the penny that represented Abe's beard so well as that did!  Then I remembered that we're talking about Toofus' here so that solved that problem.  I have an ADD problem sometimes.

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#6 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3425 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Gotta say...I didn't remember a relief on the penny that represented Abe's beard so well as that did!  Then I remembered that we're talking about Toofus' here so that solved that problem.  I have an ADD problem sometimes.

Your not shooting silver bullets my friend. :D

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#7 Nanette

Nanette

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

Elena loves to clean the other dogs' teeth. Anyone else seen this behavior? She gets agressive about it at times and we have to pull her off the other dog. It is love but a bit too much at times. Elena also still tries to get food from their mouths at feeding time, as if she was very young. I can't wait for this behavior to be gone. Kisses are good...let's keep with friendly kisses...

#8 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3425 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

Elena loves to clean the other dogs' teeth. Anyone else seen this behavior? She gets agressive about it at times and we have to pull her off the other dog. It is love but a bit too much at times. Elena also still tries to get food from their mouths at feeding time, as if she was very young. I can't wait for this behavior to be gone. Kisses are good...let's keep with friendly kisses...

I've only seen the tiny puppy kisses of excitement, but no "teeth cleaning," and definitely no food stealing from anyone at any time....They all love their food too much and would not allow the other to steal even out of their food bowls after the last lick has been done ;)

#9 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

I've been extremely lucky with Kito - I found *4* teeth.  I keep them in my mother's ring dish just as she used to keep my teeth. :)

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#10 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Wow Nanette!

I wonder if this is truly submissive or an alpha behavior Elena is presenting.

Tayamni loves her food but will share with the cats.  I think she is trying to find a way to befriend them.  She is also ULTRA submissive to dominant dogs at the dog park.  Not Roger, her cousin.  She's all over him!

My Mom's dog (not an AID), likes to clean the ears of dogs she is close with!

#11 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Back to teeth:  Wow!  Mommom you have four!  That's remarkable!  :D

#12 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2345 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Take a look at entry #9 "Halloween mouth". Is this it? http://www.iidoba.or...outh#entry26903

Our little ones crave it fr shiva.

#13 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

NOTHING LIKE THOSE SILVER LININGS!!!!!!!!  :wub:

Crated Tayamni to go grocery shopping yesterday.  She had pottied before being crated.

Came home to a TERRIBLE stink, poor thing had an accident in cage (#2) - this has never happened before - #1 yes when smaller but not #2.

We were gone during a time when she used to get a potty break while younger and house breaking.

This was her second accident - in the morning - she held her bladder all night but we didn't make it out the door -

I'm thinking it is due to the large incision - her muscles need to strengthen again after her spay.

ANYWAY - that is the cloud  :o

Here is the silver lining!  :D

Never would have found it -   :ph34r:  if this "accident" didn't happen, as I had to move the crate pan out place to clean off stuck on mess.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150303_195003_edit.jpg

#14 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

Accidents happen.  I know they say you have to catch them in the act,  but my dogs know, and they actually seem embarrassed. 

Nice tooth!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#15 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3425 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Great find...WOW!  That's a nice one.

#16 BC Jackie

BC Jackie

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

I have only found one of Pico's teeth, a Canine.  I'm having it encased in a costume made glass bead of his colouring. 

#17 BC Jackie

BC Jackie

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Pico's tooth bead was just completed yesterday!  It looks great and and is the colour of Pico's coat.  This will be my very favourite bead indeed :wub:

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150412_183530.jpeg
  • 20150412_181804.jpeg
  • 20150412_154903.jpeg

#18 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

VERY NICE BEAD!!!!

#19 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

well that's very fun. I like that.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#20 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3425 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

I really like that too.  Where did you have that done?  I WANT ONE!  Or are you one of those very clever people that makes them?  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users