Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Mud Puppy

We have had record rain here in Washington, and Kooskie is at the digging phase. So I have been cleaning constantly and the floor is still gritty.

Yesterday she came in with all four feet muddy. I scooped her up put her in the sink and washed her feet. She didn't like it. The rest of the day she did no more digging in the yard. However, this morning, she came in after digging, with all four paws a mess. I scooped her up and washed her feet again. She struggled this time, but she's pretty little, so it was easy to keep her still until I was done. Afterwards, I cleaned the floor, let her smell the muddy rag, and the clods she had brought in with her. Saying, "No. This belongs outside."

Thing is, she did not run from me. Even though she was not happy, she laid down on my feet, and has stayed close to me all day. She has come back in with clean feet the rest of the day. Tough love.

The little sweetie:

kooskieonchair.jpg

• Like 8

What a pretty puppy.

• Like 1

OMD! She is sooooooo adorable!!!!!!! :wub:

The rain down here makes wet sand (my yard is sand although not near the beach - that's what they used as yard fill).

We get tracks in the house and have to keep cleaning.

Not the same mud or amount as what you are going through.

I taught Tayamni "Wipee Wipee" on the kitchen rug (I tried to teach her to rub her paws but she does downward dog).

It does help reduce the tracking. The downward dog is sooo cute! It does help, I guess it gives her paws time to dry and the sand to fall off because the rug gets full.

Coffey, refuses to go to the rug, runs quickly through the house as he would rather make paw prints and search for the cats. Kelli has to keep on cleaning it up :wacko:

If we really needed to train him would have to leash him before coming in the door.

We are happy he is going past the litter box without diving for a drive by snack anymore! :o

Allison, sounds like Kookooksie has an endearing personality and she just fit herself into your clan!

That's great!!!!!

Yes, tough love is a beautiful thing. ;)

• Like 2

She has just reached 5 months old. but really petite. We'll see. Vet visit next week, and it will be interesting to see what she weighs.

She has a very sensitive nature. Unless you're a squirrel.

• Like 1