• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RoyS

RoyS

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Being outdoors, working in my shop, running my business, spending time with my family, mushroom hunting, fixing my Chevy's up.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Unless I just have not seen it I like to look at pictures. It would be nice to have a section for nothing but photos of all of these beautiful dogs. From puppy to adulthood photos and everything in between.

Just a thought.

#2 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3311 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Photos and no words? Great idea. Our own photo album. Anyone else like the idea? :)......on the other side, we do like to tell the stories as well. :D
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#3 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I like the idea!!! Just a suggestion....add the name of the dog and possibly the owners names too with the photo....kinda like "the dog of the month". May be alot of work but since I'm not on the Forum much lately it would be nice to have that to get to know the new owners and see all the new puppies without searching through the Forum. Thanks in advance for all the work that may be put into that!
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#4 RoyS

RoyS

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Being outdoors, working in my shop, running my business, spending time with my family, mushroom hunting, fixing my Chevy's up.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Stories or none would be great either way. I am sure stories with photos would be the majority. I think it would just be nice to have a photo section of all the different colors and such to look at. Maybe it could just be a full page with nothing but pics and you could click on the one that you want to see or have a next/arrow to skip to the next one.

#5 RoyS

RoyS

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

I like the idea!!! Just a suggestion....add the name of the dog and possibly the owners names too with the photo....kinda like "the dog of the month". May be alot of work but since I'm not on the Forum much lately it would be nice to have that to get to know the new owners and see all the new puppies without searching through the Forum. Thanks in advance for all the work that may be put into that!

I will second that for the name of both the dog and owners.

#6 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7710 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

We did start a photo gallery at one point. I will check into it.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#7 aidogs

aidogs

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Lurking.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

It was all about me. Everyone loved it.
I'm easily distracted by squirrels.

#8 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7710 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

hehehehehahahaha... That is what Sitka says, too.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#9 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3311 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

On second thought, isn't this whole forum a picture gallery/ album? Tons and tons of pages with pictures along with great reading. :D Or is it the availability of an AID slide show you all really want? oh, now there's an idea. :lol:
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#10 RoyS

RoyS

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Allison, if you read this can you let me know what is going on with this site. Please send me an email. Things are still not right on my end trying to view this site. I am suprised that I got this point to ba able to type this. I can look at anything else on the net except this forum.

#11 aidogs

aidogs

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Can you take a screen shot and post it?

#12 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2342 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Works just fine for me-
I think it's because he is a Member
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#13 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Interests:gardening ,cooking, having BBQ'S .keeping busy , fleamarkets , Hanging out with my AID dogs

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

why dont we just have a section on our profiles for pictures like other sites this way check out owner and dog .
Linda Bell

#14 aidogs

aidogs

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'm not against a gallery; it'd probably be a good idea. I just need to figure out the cost and how much diskspace I'll have to reallocate on the VM stack. If you guys really want it, I can make it happen eventually.

#15 ~IowayNationGirl~

~IowayNationGirl~

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Linda's idea does sound pretty good to me... but I'm just a newbie?? Seems like maybe it might be a little easier to navigate? But I'm up for whatever... already have the site pretty well figured out I think. Although I do like reading all the post also.
~ ~ Tonya D. ~ ~

~~~ He planned it so your path crossed mine ~~~

#16 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Allison, if you read this can you let me know what is going on with this site. Please send me an email. Things are still not right on my end trying to view this site. I am suprised that I got this point to ba able to type this. I can look at anything else on the net except this forum.

think I'm having same problem!!! here's mine I too am surprised I got this far!
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/index.php:2) in /var/www/web/iidoba/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users