Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

"dog Days Of Summer"

I always thought that was a funny phrase to use when referring to the heat. How are all of you doing with this unusually hot weather, at least for Oregon or more so your four legged friends coping with it. Sir Scout is doing just fine. We have air conditioning so that helps. Some times he just wants to lay in the sun for awhile until he can't bear it any longer. One thing he enjoys is biting at the sprinklers when they go off in the mornings during the week. I have one big pet peeve. Why do people insist on walking their dogs in the heat? I so want to ask them to take their shoes off and see if they can walk on asphalt with no protection. Wonder how long that would last. Ok time to come off my soap box. Enjoy this weather and keep hydrated! This goes for the dogs too!

• Like 3

Hey Lisa, that's a peeve of mine as well. How about adding a big heavy fur coat while on the "barefoot walk." Maybe that would open some eyes as to what the pups are experiencing. Unfortunately some people just don't have any common sense.

• Like 2

You know that's a GREAT point. A few years back the vet recommended to "test" the pavement with your hand. If it's not too hot for your hand, go ahead and walk.

Cold seems to be a different matter. If they "harden off" by living through fall it isn't really a problem until it gets down around zero F. If a southern dog is visiting the snow it can be more of an issue. Musher's secret can be a great help. At least that is what I have observed.

The heat has broken here. We can feel the fall approaching as the maples are tinged red already.

Waki is a little put out since I washed his tent today. The cushion is still in the dryer. He sniffed his fresh and clean tent, cast the evil eye on his brother and lay next to it looking upset. All his tent treasures are in a pile waiting for the bedding to be clean. That's also apparently traumatic.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2

:D I love that your dogs have their own Tent. I feel like I live in my dogs tent......my home. :ph34r:

• Like 3