Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Brother And Sister Reunite!

So when I told my husband that I had a chance to reunite MeiHi with his (almost identical) sister, Shegah, he thought I was nuts. After all it's only a 5 1/2 hour drive...😬 Really nuts now. I assured him it would be a great adventure. Oh, and did I mention Shay's owners have 5 AIDogs! Reluctantly, he agreed. We packed up our little guy and headed to Michigan. After the hair-raising introduction (who's the newcomer to our pack), MeiHi was accepted. I've read that these dogs do remember "their own kind" and I witnessed this when they were playing (My husband was in awe too). image.jpeg MeiHi played differently than with our GSH dog. It was much different.image.jpeg image.jpeg Then they became inseparable! image.jpeg image.jpeg Since we can't make the gathering in Oregon, this was the closest thing to it! image.jpeg Shegah, Billy Jack, Sky, Tsaga and Chief. I've never seen an instant bond between 2 animals like this and it was truly amazing! image.jpeg One last kiss goodbye, my sister...image.jpeg As he slept the whole way back, dreaming of running with his pack; we both agreed that Judy and Larry are equally amazing as well. Thank you for yet another amazing adventure! image.jpeg

• Like 9

I am so glad you made the trip up to visit Larry and Judy. I had the pleasure of meeting Larry last year when he came out to SDK for several days. He is an amazing guy and I am sure Judy is just as amazing. I understand the 5 1/2 hour trip would usually prevent some from taking the opportunity to visit another AIDog owner and their dog (in this case 5 dogs) but it sounds as if it was well worth the trip for you guys. BTW, MeiHi is really a handsome fella.

• Like 3

What an excellent story! My smile is about to burst from my face!